4g in miami

Search This thread

ttieder

Mar 7, 2010
Any word on when 4g will be coming to south Florida the guy I got my phone from. It should be out this month or next any news on this tried searching

guyver2077

May 18, 2006
Miami, FL
Just an FYI

I have picked up a 4G signal while driving on I-95 south toward Downtown Miami. This has happenned twice already.

Since I am driving I could not really test it and I lose the signal quickly.

ttieder

Mar 7, 2010
Any new update on this that's pretty cool u got reception that must mean not that far away

lolz mclollerson

Mar 29, 2008
Just an FYI

I have picked up a 4G signal while driving on I-95 south toward Downtown Miami. This has happenned twice already.

Since I am driving I could not really test it and I lose the signal quickly.
To add to that, I got signal while on Flamingo Road heading North about 2 miles from the 595 bridge.

I couldn't test as I was driving but the phone mentioned a signal but quickly dropped it.

bluehaze

May 28, 2007
To add to that, I got signal while on Flamingo Road heading North about 2 miles from the 595 bridge.

I couldn't test as I was driving but the phone mentioned a signal but quickly dropped it.

I live by flamingo and 595 LOL No signal at my house I will have to try driving north couple miles and see if I can find it, there is a Radio Shack and a Walmart that way so I guess it's possible one of them has a tower on thier roof.

HolySabre

Jun 24, 2010
Me and my brother have both picked up and sustained a faint 4g signal right off i95 and the golden glades interchange at our friend house

toastcfh

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
my wifes father actually works for a company that has a contract with Clear here in Florida. they are actually working on towers on the east coast and yes miami also. he says that because of bad communications and issues with Clear's wimax setup on the towers here in florida, have lead to them having to redo towers and such adding/removing hardware from the towers and doing the tedious setups over again on most of the towers that were already finished. the company her dad works for is actually pissed about the issues that have come about, because they are Clear's issues and fault. his company is having to redo alot of towers for little or nothing because of the contracts that were put into place at the time of bidding. this is all what he has told me and again hes nly hearing this stuff from hear say within the company he works for. but he also knows that Clear/Sprint are very aware of 4G coverage sucking/spotty/buggy at best. my recent trip to Atlanta i seen issues with the service. i believed it had to do more with me being root and stuff that comes with it then Sprint/Clears fault at the time. after speaking with her dad over the holiday i feel differently now. see he really knows little about what I/we do here and he knows more about what the service acts like for "normal users" and from the discussions with hm ive found out that "normal users" have all the same issues we do. even he notes Wimax/4G is a crappy service as of now and he feels like hes setting things up that arent being thought through very well. idk just thought id share. i live in central florida so 4G is a no go for a while for me :/

mario23

Nov 13, 2007
South Fla
my wifes father actually works for a company that has a contract with Clear here in Florida. they are actually working on towers on the east coast and yes miami also. he says that because of bad communications and issues with Clear's wimax setup on the towers here in florida, have lead to them having to redo towers and such adding/removing hardware from the towers and doing the tedious setups over again on most of the towers that were already finished. the company her dad works for is actually pissed about the issues that have come about, because they are Clear's issues and fault. his company is having to redo alot of towers for little or nothing because of the contracts that were put into place at the time of bidding. this is all what he has told me and again hes nly hearing this stuff from hear say within the company he works for. but he also knows that Clear/Sprint are very aware of 4G coverage sucking/spotty/buggy at best. my recent trip to Atlanta i seen issues with the service. i believed it had to do more with me being root and stuff that comes with it then Sprint/Clears fault at the time. after speaking with her dad over the holiday i feel differently now. see he really knows little about what I/we do here and he knows more about what the service acts like for "normal users" and from the discussions with hm ive found out that "normal users" have all the same issues we do. even he notes Wimax/4G is a crappy service as of now and he feels like hes setting things up that arent being thought through very well. idk just thought id share. i live in central florida so 4G is a no go for a while for me :/

I'm in West Palm probably not too far from you. I hope they get this right and it doesn't take forever. That speed would be sweet...

xHausx

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2010
Central Florida
Miami is on the official list for the Nov/Dec but I have also heard of people finding 4G in Orlando and over near Daytona. Up here you can connect to it but are still unable to use it.

crazyjoezx

Sep 13, 2007
I too live on flamingo and 595 lol...just to day on 595 around nob hill i saw it pop up then go way...the worst is at my work..(ft. laderdale) all day 4g comes in and out in the building im in...i can never actually connect to it it just says its available but when i click on it nothing happens:( then pops up again a few min later...strange thing is a coworker would put his evo right next to mine and wont pick anything up at all...we know his phone works bc he used 4g in DC a bunch of times...

TLDR

I got 4g notifications in Ft.Laderdale and 595 area but cant connect.

soundbyte

May 31, 2006
Boca Raton
www.kf4lza.com
Clear tower climbs

As the last guy mentioned. I work for a radio shop and I was at a tower site where clearwire has been hanging the 2.3/2.5 ghz antennas and samsung base radios on this specific tower in delray. The system there is in test mode as the IP switches on them aren't fibered in yet. When I talk to the tower crew next week I will ask them for more exact ETA's on the tower/building sites they are doing down here.

ttieder

Mar 7, 2010
Lebron to Miami 4g up next lol I'm just playing but I did get 4g reception on 595 to

mikeb0916

Feb 25, 2007
Orlando
Miami is on the official list for the Nov/Dec but I have also heard of people finding 4G in Orlando and over near Daytona. Up here you can connect to it but are still unable to use it.

I live over in East Orlando and I pick up a lot of 4G signal, but it always stalls out at obtaining an IP address. As I head over towards downtown Orlando and the west side of town, there is less and less 4G around. I'm hoping that 4G is turned on soon. It's a bit of a tease seeing the signal and not being able to use any of it :(

snapbox

Jul 27, 2010
As the last guy mentioned. I work for a radio shop and I was at a tower site where clearwire has been hanging the 2.3/2.5 ghz antennas and samsung base radios on this specific tower in delray. The system there is in test mode as the IP switches on them aren't fibered in yet. When I talk to the tower crew next week I will ask them for more exact ETA's on the tower/building sites they are doing down here.

Any news on this? I'm starting to pick up signals in Davie but can't connect.

Thanks!

cybrchld

Aug 14, 2010
I can confirm 4G is working in Pembroke pines on pines blvd between university and flamingo.:D was getting 4mb down 1Mb up