[CDMA] ICS Installer v1.2 is released! 6.14.84.xt912 LEAK [USE AT YOUR OWN RISK]

Search This thread

obededom

Aug 20, 2009
Ohio
Do you think once the OTA ICS starts its push, their will be away to go from the leaked .84 to the Official ICS?

that's the million dollar question right now...some theorize that the new bootloader on the .84/.85 builds will be the same one for the official OTA, but no one really knows. well, Moto knows but none of us do

abowlofsoda

Oct 11, 2010
It's there anything not working in .84?
4g tethering and camera /camcorder working?

I could care less about OTA path as that's just going to be bloated.

I do however want fully functional ICS.

Sent rom my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

beecker

Aug 29, 2010
Michigan
It's there anything not working in .84?
4g tethering and camera /camcorder working?

I could care less about OTA path as that's just going to be bloated.

I do however want fully functional ICS.

Sent rom my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I agree. Been spinning my wheels on if i should go to ics. 84. Want to know what it still can't do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium

E

ezcats

so me being me...i flashed the .84 leak without backing up root...so now is there no way for me to get root since i cant fastboot back to 181?

E

ezcats

You should be able to rerun the ICS installer V1.2 and it should be option 8: "Regain Root Access In ICS"

take a look you might not be poopered

yeah tried that...that screwed it up more...i had to factory reset for anything to work.... ARGH!!!!!

i hate myself for trying the .85 leak...why did i do that :(

beecker

Aug 29, 2010
Michigan
yeah tried that...that screwed it up more...i had to factory reset for anything to work.... ARGH!!!!!

i hate myself for trying the .85 leak...why did i do that :(

Man I'm sorry to hear that... I did the steps to root and stopped. I never like reading about an update or leak that I can never be able to go back to a previous version of.

detcup4evr

Jun 18, 2010
Commerce Twp
github.com
Do you think once the OTA ICS starts its push, their will be away to go from the leaked .84 to the Official ICS, and also keep root?

My guess would be that you should be able to RSD to the new version.

I remember a similar thing with the evos where the partition sizes changed in the bootloader, People were not able to downgrade but going forward wasn't a problem. Although I think part of that was hardware related on why people couldn't go back to a version of Software their phone never had on it.

Reactions: beecker

beecker

Aug 29, 2010
Michigan
My guess would be that you should be able to RSD to the new version.

I remember a similar thing with the evos where the partition sizes changed in the bootloader, People were not able to downgrade but going forward wasn't a problem. Although I think part of that was hardware related on why people couldn't go back to a version of Software their phone never had on it.

Thanks for that. I'm still not sure if I want to yet or not.

bostonbassman78

Apr 24, 2012
lakeport
do it i love the .84 build i have seen no issues yet i will stick with it personally whether or not i can get on the official ota path i love this new build it is almost flawless

Aztec818

May 5, 2012
I have version 6.12.181.XT912 and I followed all the steps but when I get to the step "Install ICS on rooted Droid Razr on System Version 6.12.181" it says

-- Waiting for device...
x daemon not running. starting it now x
x daemon started successfully x

but just stops there and never proceeds

help please :D

bostonbassman78

Apr 24, 2012
lakeport
I have version 6.12.181.XT912 and I followed all the steps but when I get to the step "Install ICS on rooted Droid Razr on System Version 6.12.181" it says

-- Waiting for device...
x daemon not running. starting it now x
x daemon started successfully x

but just stops there and never proceeds

help please :D
give it a minute or 2 mine took some time aswell

u are rooted correct?

also make sure ur phone is in charge only and do not do the unroot option just do the preserve root then the ics install

Last edited:

Aztec818

May 5, 2012
give it a minute or 2 mine took some time aswell

u are rooted correct?

also make sure ur phone is in charge only and do not do the unroot option just do the preserve root then the ics install

Thanks I have done all that (updated drivers, set to usb debugging, allow 3rd party apps, charge only etc...) but still get stuck on that part.

sixstrings78

May 11, 2009
Just wondering if anyone knows how to get rid of the voicemail notification that seems to be persistent in my statusbar. Even though i dont have a new vm. I tried clearing the cache in the app but to no avail. Is this just a known issue?

Thank youuuuuuu...
Gone from stock .173 to root with safe strap, then from that back to stock with root to the first ics leak 6.14.74 Which was quite nice and pretty well functioning as a daily driver.. And Now back to stock to .181 w/ root and now to this 6.14.85xt912.. so far loving it! But don't think this or the version prior .84 will be the final release! Too many untouched little details yet.. tho from .75 to .85 there were a few, and a couple I'm not sure I really like? yet to be decided! I'll offer a review up after I've been driving this a week.. only been a couple hours and it's pretty smooth, haven't noticed anything not working "yet" ..and the install went smooth, just followed the directions? Used the utility to go from ics .75 to gb .173 only thing that happened was after it flashed the .173 and rebooted I had a dead android after the motor screen.. "Thought O'boy hear we go.. heheee..." (was half expecting a soft brick..) so I hit the buttons the stock recovery came up, I just selected reboot and presto all was well" Followed the rest of the utility to a 't' and now at ics 6.14.85 - after it booted up and I finished root regain it ran a lot smoother than the first ics leak 6.14.75 (at first that one was sluggish.. as it was for told in the notes about installing it... after a factory reset tho those issues stopped and it was awesome...)

Thank you again all involved it getting these out to us! And all you of lil' or no faith... there is always a way back to the path!

Sent from my Xoom using XDA

keeb119

Nov 26, 2011
any help please. im sure this is something stupid on my end but i keep getting "the system cannot find the path speficied" i have the moto drivers installed, made sure to do that efore i ran this utility. no matter what i do. i do have usb debugging activated when trying to root. thank you for whatever help you can provide.

any help please. im sure this is something stupid on my end but i keep getting "the system cannot find the path speficied" i have the moto drivers installed, made sure to do that efore i ran this utility. no matter what i do. i do have usb debugging activated when trying to root. thank you for whatever help you can provide.

I'm no expert, but anytime I had that issue in the past it was because after flashing back to stock it always maybe not always not really sure depends on device maybe, but it happened even with this utility it un-checks the allow installation of non-market apps in which case toggling it back on and continuing usually works! If it isn't that I would check and re download the utility.. and extract it to your c: drive you may have a corrupted or bad download... "wouldn't be the first time!"
Before that check the often overlooked USB connection option should be "USB charging only"

but then I guess I'd have to ask? If your using the utility your rooting stock .173 or .181 ...correct.. if your already on ics the utility isn't going to get your root, but if you used the utility correctly you would be able to use it to regain root after ics installs...

What stage are you at with the utility and what version android were you running before you even considered using it? (That could answere a lot of questions...)

keeb119

Nov 26, 2011
I'm no expert, but anytime I had that issue in the past it was because after flashing back to stock it always maybe not always not really sure depends on device maybe, but it happened even with this utility it un-checks the allow installation of non-market apps in which case toggling it back on and continuing usually works! If it isn't that I would check and re download the utility.. and extract it to your c: drive you may have a corrupted or bad download... "wouldn't be the first time!"
Before that check the often overlooked USB connection option should be "USB charging only"

but then I guess I'd have to ask? If your using the utility your rooting stock .173 or .181 ...correct.. if your already on ics the utility isn't going to get your root, but if you used the utility correctly you would be able to use it to regain root after ics installs...

What stage are you at with the utility and what version android were you running before you even considered using it? (That could answere a lot of questions...)

im on the latest update .181, bone stock never rooted or anything. i get to the part where im trying to root for the first time and im getting it. ive re-downloaded already, maybe still bad, i made sure debugging was enabled, and even tried playing with third party sources at that point. nothing.
edit: and usb charging only as well

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE 8:56 PM 4/27/12: THERE ARE REPORTS OF THE LATEST LEAK MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE TO RETURN TO .173 or .181

UPDATE 6:18 PM 4/27/12: There is a new version of ICS out for our phones and its ready to be installed with ICS Installer v1.2

UPDATE 9:43 AM 4/27/12: Updated patch! There was an error with ADB in the Motofail root section of the utility, my tests weren't catching it because I have ADB on my path. Sorry everyone! :(

UPDATE 12:57 PM 4/25/12: seems there was a problem with the first option, I have fixed it in a patch. Download it and the bottom of this post and replace the ICSInstaller.bat file in the zip with this one. Sorry everyone. :(

UPDATE 4/25/12: New version of my utility is OUT NOW! I have included RSD Lite in the zip file and the fastboot file that is required to make the switch to ICS. I have updated and thoroughly tested my instructions, and if followed EXACTLY as written, you will retain root after your installation. It is almost 100% fool proof. Enjoy the update! It will be posted as soon as it uploads to google!

Updated:
    the root exploit to use latest Superuser.apk and su bin
    the process to install ICS
    style and layout of utility for usability
    full instructions to fix your phone if you do something wrong
    added the full 6.12.173 fastboot file
    added RSDLite installer with instructions for use(just in case)
    added instructions to retain root through ICS install (has worked 100%)
    - no terminal app needed

Overall I feel it is much easier to follow, and much harder to screw something up. I just gave it to someone that has no idea what they are doing and they were able to gain root, preserve root, install ICS and regain root access. It is pretty much fool proof

UPDATE: Going though the posts i can see some people are having trouble with the instructions. Sorry I wasn't clearer. You need to have never used bootstrap or safestrap. Rule of thumb is if you've done anything besides just getting root, you're gonna have a bad time.

CDMA ONLY

I know that a bunch of you wanna get your hands on the ICS leak, but can't/don't want to go through all the steps to do so. I have a solution.

I have written a small utility to automate the process.

I am trying to get in touch with mattlegroff to add it to his utility, but in the meantime, I will release a standalone version.

lbXr8.png

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Make sure your phone is completely stock 6.12.181 (it's ok if it has been rooted)
    2. Make sure you have NEVER installed bootstrap, safestrap, or cwm. (If you have used these, skip option 1 and use RSDLite 5.6)
    3. Unzip ICSInstallerv1.2.rar to an empty folder
    4. Double click the ICSInstaller.bat file
    5. Please READ and FOLLOW all instructions! (you will retain root)
    6. You now have ICS!

ONLY WORKS IN WINDOWS!
    DOWNLOAD THE USB DRIVERS FIRST!
    DRIVERS

Please like if this helps you out!

GET IT HERE ICS Utility v1.2USE AT OWN RISK
    TORRENT: ICS Utility v1.2USE AT OWN RISK

For anyone having trouble...
    DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Use option 1 or RSD to get to .173
    2. Use option 5 to get OTA walkthrough
    3. Use option 2 to root
    4. Use option 4 to preserve root
    5. Use option 7 to upgrade to ICS 6.14.84.xt912
    6. Use option 8 to regain root after upgrade

REMEMBER TO READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS AFTER PRESSING ENTER TO CONTINUE!

Worked fine for me on the 1st try. The package is great and very convenient to do everything you needed, but I found the instructions a little unclear and confusing. Hopefully this will provide clarity for future upgrades:

1) Download and install Motorola Drivers from HERE (you just need the "Motorola USB Drivers," not the "PC Charging Drivers")
    2) Download package made by Rouxe41 from HERE and unzip files onto PC
    3) Backup any data and settings you wish to retain from phone to SD card or computer, then wipe the phone from the Settings -> Privacy -> Factory Data Reset, checking the Erase Internal Storage box.
    4) Ensure USB Debugging is selected in Development of phone Settings, then connect phone to PC with usb cable and select Charge Only as the connection type.
    5) Open the ICSInstaller.bat file in the unzipped folder from Rouxe41 and select 1 to restore to .173 (if you have not upgraded to the new .181 or a custom ROM you should not need to do this)
    6) Select 2 to root device. You can then check to ensure the SD Card directory is properly named as sdcard-ext. I downloaded Root Browser Lite from the market which gives you a clear directory access. It was already named as such on my phone so I didn't need to rename anything.
    7) Press 4 to Install voodoo root keeper. You can then open Superuser and update the SU. Then open Root Keeper and click Protect Root. You should see a green check mark next to Root confirming that the phone is rooted.
    8) You can now press 5 to install ICS. At one point during the install you will need to wake up the phone, press okay and then allow. Other than that just let it install/reboot. This will take a few minutes so be patient.
    9) This would be where you would want to go back and check root access or take steps to grant it if necessary. I wiped my cache first and so lost the data needed I think. From what I've read, you would open Root Keeper and click Restore, then reboot the phone and open again to check root status.
    10) If you don't have root status from Root Keeper, you can download Android Terminal Emulator from the market, then open it up and type in the following commands followed by pressing the ENTER key:
    /system/su-backup
    ENTER
    mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/system /system
    ENTER
    cp /system/su-backup /system/bin/su
    ENTER

Then exit the program and reboot. You may need to check/restore root with Root Keeper.
    11) Since I did it differently I'm not 100% clear on the wipe data/cache, but it may restore to a rooted version unless you ensure Root Keeper has Protect Root before you wipe. Most people recommend wiping data/cache with option 6 (you have to boot into AP Fastboot first by turning phone off, the turning on and immediately pressing and holding Vol +, Vol -, then Power Keys. Use Vol - key to scroll down to AP Fastboot then use Vol + to select) or doing a Factory Reset from the phone Settings -> Privacy.

As a final note for this package, option 3. Unroot is not needed for the ICS upgrade but is provided in case you want to go back to stock maybe? Option 7 for system pull is also not needed but copies the system folder for development purposes.

Enjoy
    Lol....right when i get this installed a new leak pops up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA

I rewrote the installer to make it easy to:

- backup everything
    - revert to .173
    - root
    - OTA to .181 /w root
    - upgrade to new leak /w root

I'm testing it on my personal phone now.
    Should be ready in an hour.

There will be a patch and new standalone ICS Installer v1.2
    .84 is included with the latest utility the rar is uploading to my google drive but there is a torrent! dont forget to seed!
    I'm RSDLite now..

Not sure where I'm screwing up. I'm following the instructions to the "T". I have all my other Android base hardware all rooted and running ICS/Custom ROMS.. This one is fighting me every step of the way.

Wouldn't be worth it if it was easy! :)