Jul 21, 2013
Pune
Hello Everyone,

I am avid user of xda. I am using a HOX which i rooted 2 years back.:eek:
The Specs of the phone are as follows,
It was running on 4.2.2, HTC_038 [INDIA] ,3.14.720.24, HBoot 1.36
It was running InsertCoin Rom 19.0.1.
It was running awesome.
But lately i decided to go on Stock to give it to HTC Service Center to replace the battery
So here it began,
I began searching for RUU's since a month. I knew it is a pain to get this phone back to Stock.
So did a little research and found that we dont have a RUU for 3.14.720.24
Then i began searching for Nandroid and Voila :angel: I found one.
After having an extensive research, i decided to give it a shot.
So i restored the Nandroid. and returned to 4.1.1 and Sense 4
Flashed Stock Recovery, Relocked the BootLoader.
and it was working fine.
I then checked for Updates as there was obviously going to be one for 4.2.2 and Sense 5
Downloaded the OTA, Tried to install it. When i clicked on Install the phone went to Stock recovery and in less than 5 sec booted up again.
I knew it dint go well. It just did a hard reset. Lost all my data. (I was not upset even though)
I was determined to go to stock.
So now i decided to downloaded the OTA again. Downloaded again. Installed the OTA and Voila I was on 4.2.2 with Sense 5.
I couldn't believe it. I was thinking it is so easy. ( Believe me, it wasnt )
Now i was running 4.2.2, Sense 5, HBoot 1.73(Culprit) 4.18.401.2
Now the real problem started.
I couldnt update apps from Play Store, Couldnt install new apps from Play Store. It was a mess.
"Package File Invalid". I read many threads and tried many methods (Clearing Cache, Hard Reset, Naming your device under Play Store etc)
But No luck. I couldnt get that working. I decided to do it again. :cowboy:

And i unlocked the bootloader and installed the CWM Recovery 5.8.4.0 again.
And then the Hboot 1.73 came to picture.
I restored the 4.1.1 Nandroid again. :rolleyes:
Touch Screen wasnt working. :eek:MG: I am sweating.
Googled the Problem.
Found that 4.1.1 is too old for Hboot 1.73
Then i tried installing InsertCoin 19.0.4 (Aroma installer dint work, Touch wasnt working, Powered Down and kept the phone aside).
Relaxed Myself.
Found that Philz Recovery would work to install the ROM atleast.
Flashed Philz Recovery and now I have installed InsertCoin 19.0.4

Now People, I believe i am not the only one who is facing such a hardship to go to STOCK.

Can someone please help me going back to Stock again?
Things i have
1. HTC One X (Device)
2. 4.1.1 Nandroid
3. HBoot 1.73
4. Good Working Brain and Patience

Also, Can someone provide me a link of OTA.Zip of (4.2.2 - 4.18.401.2 for HTC_038) which can be flashed from Recovery so that i can revert to Stock?(May Be) - I googled and searched everywhere but couldnt find one.

Waiting for a Reply.?

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Flash philz touch recovery and install a new sense 5 custom rom from scratch. At least a working phone then.....

You need a higher nandroid backup. The hboot is updated so the lower one don't work anymore. Touch drivers are updated so you need a nand that matches the outcome of

Fastboot getvar version-main

Last edited:

ruffain

Nov 22, 2013
Srinagar
Flash philz touch recovery and install a new sense 5 custom rom from scratch. At least a working phone then.....

You need a higher nandroid backup. The hboot is updated so the lower one don't work anymore. Touch drivers are updated so you need a nand that matches the outcome of

Fastboot getvar version-main

Mr hofs just a random question Whn u flash boot.img of ny Rom which u extract from the Rom.zip do u delete the boot.img from the Rom.zip or just flash root with boot.img from recovery and then again flash it from computer

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
For Those who are reading this thread. Found Something

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2466294

Might be Helpful :eek:

The ota is of no use !

Mr hofs just a random question Whn u flash boot.img of ny Rom which u extract from the Rom.zip do u delete the boot.img from the Rom.zip or just flash root with boot.img from recovery and then again flash it from computer

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Flash the boot.img via fastboot and install the rom via recovery. Just leave the boot.img in the rom.zip. copy it from the rom.....

Reactions: ruffain

Top Liked Posts