Broke screen"fixed now"

Search This thread

bryce850

Mar 17, 2011
Tallahassee
OnePlus 8 Pro
So my 3 week old ultra that i am so carefully with screen cracked putting the phone in my pocket tonight i am so sad and angry how can the screen be that easy to break wtf.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

zaxharu

Oct 21, 2012
Oh my, thats the reason why it is adviced not to put it in pocket and always use flip cover cases for protection

shazoom

Feb 25, 2011
Bandar Seri Begawan
That sucks. They don't seem to have the strength you would expect. Lots of then have done banana impressions: the glass often remains intact but the touch sensor snaps and they end up curved somewhere in the middle.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

bryce850

Mar 17, 2011
Tallahassee
OnePlus 8 Pro
That sucks. They don't seem to have the strength you would expect. Lots of then have done banana impressions: the glass often remains intact but the touch sensor snaps and they end up curved somewhere in the middle.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

This one is almost dead center cracked and touch is gone so its pretty much dead which puts me out a phone for looks to be 3 weeks.

corrado85

Feb 2, 2008
you must be one fat ass (seriously)

I've put my ultra in back ass pockets dozen of times, sitting on hardwood chairs, sofas to carpet and the worst thing that may have happened it that I've bent the frame. but i twist it back to normal

same goes for other pockets.

bryce850

Mar 17, 2011
Tallahassee
OnePlus 8 Pro
you must be one fat ass (seriously)

I've put my ultra in back ass pockets dozen of times, sitting on hardwood chairs, sofas to carpet and the worst thing that may have happened it that I've bent the frame. but i twist it back to normal

same goes for other pockets.

kinda of a **** reply but nope and far from it, yea i am 6'3 but not fat lol. It was in pocket for just long enough to make it to my car was shocked it was broke.

Reaper82

Jun 12, 2011
I stood on mine, spider webbed the whole screen. Thankfully my phone company offered insurance it cost $50 excess to repair. They are pretty easy to crack though. It's the only worry I have and the reason I pay $8/month to insure it. First phone I bothered to do that with. Still have a spider webbed semi-functioning HTC One X that will never get repaired due to cost.

bryce850

Mar 17, 2011
Tallahassee
OnePlus 8 Pro
Update to this sent phone off to Sony they covered it under warranty I just got it back no charge and brand and looking band new again. I was shocked when it just showed up lol.

Sent from my C6806 using XDA Free mobile app

doctahjeph

Jun 15, 2006
corpus christi
Update to this sent phone off to Sony they covered it under warranty I just got it back no charge and brand and looking band new again. I was shocked when it just showed up lol.

Sent from my C6806 using XDA Free mobile app

Do you have the number you used to call Sony? I am in a similar situation. Phone was in my pocket and cracked. Is there a repair center I can call? When you contacted them what did you tell them? that it was in your pocket and it cracked?

bryce850

Mar 17, 2011
Tallahassee
OnePlus 8 Pro
Do you have the number you used to call Sony? I am in a similar situation. Phone was in my pocket and cracked. Is there a repair center I can call? When you contacted them what did you tell them? that it was in your pocket and it cracked?

1-866-766-9374 is the number I used and yea I told them what happen and the gave me a RMA and said they would see what they say once the repair team has it.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Reactions: doctahjeph

doctahjeph

Jun 15, 2006
corpus christi
1-866-766-9374 is the number I used and yea I told them what happen and the gave me a RMA and said they would see what they say once the repair team has it.

Sent from my Nexus 4

thanks!! Also was your device unlocked and rooted when you sent it? I know Sony is cool with us unlocking the bootloader and all, but I am wondering if I should try and put back to stock before I ship back.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Sent from my Nexus 4

I've sent mine for repair today. Let's see what they say...

Also did you guys ship back in the original box or just a nice secured package? I have the original box, but worried if I ship it off I won't get the original back.

pemell

Jan 4, 2012
Gothenburg
thanks!! Also was your device unlocked and rooted when you sent it? I know Sony is cool with us unlocking the bootloader and all, but I am wondering if I should try and put back to stock before I ship back.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Also did you guys ship back in the original box or just a nice secured package? I have the original box, but worried if I ship it off I won't get the original back.
Nope, I left it at the retailer where I bought it. They've sent it to their repair service

doctahjeph

Jun 15, 2006
corpus christi
Nope, I left it at the retailer where I bought it. They've sent it to their repair service

Okay thanks. I think I am going to just pack it in a small box with a lot of bubble wrap. I don't want to risk losing my original box. Just wondering as well how they will ship it back. lol. I went through this process with ASUS with my Nexus 7 once. Seems like it might be the same way. Ship the phone off, told will get contacted, hear nothing for 4 weeks or so, have phone shipped back completely fixed with no charge.

pemell

Jan 4, 2012
Gothenburg
Okay thanks. I think I am going to just pack it in a small box with a lot of bubble wrap. I don't want to risk losing my original box. Just wondering as well how they will ship it back. lol. I went through this process with ASUS with my Nexus 7 once. Seems like it might be the same way. Ship the phone off, told will get contacted, hear nothing for 4 weeks or so, have phone shipped back completely fixed with no charge.
Yeah, you certainly don't need to send it in the original box. ☺

Good luck mate, hope you get yours fixed

bryce850

Mar 17, 2011
Tallahassee
OnePlus 8 Pro

No they told me to not send it with anything I may want back lol.. So only send the phone even take out the sim adapter.
Also I never rooted mine so it was stock they sent it back to me completely wiped and clean 4.4 installed.
Sent from my C6806

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Yeah, you certainly don't need to send it in the original box. ☺

Good luck mate, hope you get yours fixed