Motorola "Luge"

Search This thread

Specter597

Jan 25, 2012
Washington DC
As seen on Droid-Life

Verizon is re-branding the Motorola RAZR M as the Motorola Luge and marketing it for Pre-paid service.
From all early reports it is ... the exact same phone. (XT907)

If anyone can confirm this, perhaps the forum name needs to be modified to include the new device.
(Just in case any prepaid customers buying a brand new 2012 mid range device for more than you can buy an M on Amazon or Ebay want help rooting and pwning their device.)

ofmb

Mar 3, 2011
I wonder if it says that we'll get the next major android updates officially

Nidstang

May 15, 2014
Google Pixel 6
(Just in case any prepaid customers buying a brand new 2012 mid range device for more than you can buy an M on Amazon or Ebay want help rooting and pwning their device.)

Further to that point, note that Verizon is still selling the actual RAZR M (branded as such) on its website in August 2014 -- $0.49 on a two-year contract or $14.99/month on the "edge" program!

Specter597

Jan 25, 2012
Washington DC

I was invited to the 4.4.2 Motorola soak test and the soak moderator indicated that 4.4.2 was going to likely be the final update (security patches not with standing) that the M will see. Sorry.

Its all custom ROMs from here on out.
Flash 'em if ya got 'em

Moondroid

Feb 12, 2015
Further to that point, note that Verizon is still selling the actual RAZR M (branded as such) on its website in August 2014 -- $0.49 on a two-year contract or $14.99/month on the "edge" program!

"Out of Stock", so good luck with that. ;)
And I didn't want no stinkin' contract anyway.

My problem is, I ordered a RAZR M but got a Luge. Send it back? ... I've got 2-4 weeks to decide...
It's only a question because the Luge ships with KitKat 4.4.2 (minimum probably because it's a Q3-2014 phone) with later system and kernel, and I wanted (the possibility of) a JB 4.3-based phone with APP OPPS and minus all the new clutter of KitKat(+). But the Luge is not, or rather was not easily rooted, until a couple of geniuses came up with a root method for 18x.46.15 ... and 18x.46.10 with post-May Kernels? ... here:

ROOT for DROID RAZR M - XT907 183.46.15

Still no solution for unlocking (just root), but that exploit also apparently works with the Luge, system 185.46.10.XT907, system/kernel date 25 August 2014.

Just in case any Luge owner is looking.

EDIT: I returned the Luge, so NVM most of this.

Last edited:

henhida

Nov 21, 2012
"Out of Stock", so good luck with that. ;)
And I didn't want no stinkin' contract anyway.

My problem is, I ordered a RAZR M but got a Luge. Send it back? ... I've got 2-4 weeks to decide...
It's only a question because the Luge ships with KitKat 4.4.2 (minimum probably because it's a Q3-2014 phone) with later system and kernel, and I wanted (the possibility of) a JB 4.3-based phone with APP OPPS and minus all the new clutter of KitKat(+). But the Luge is not, or rather was not easily rooted, until a couple of geniuses came up with a root method for 18x.46.15 ... and 18x.46.10 with post-May Kernels? ... here:

ROOT for DROID RAZR M - XT907 183.46.15

Still no solution for unlocking (just root), but that exploit also apparently works with the Luge, system 185.46.10.XT907, system/kernel date 25 August 2014.

Just in case any Luge owner is looking.

EDIT: I returned the Luge, so NVM most of this.

hi i have moto luge
firmware : 185.46.10.xt907.Verizon.en.us
actually moto luge have same firmware with Droid Razr M??
i try to flashed with VRZ_XT907_KDA20.62-10.1.xml.zip (via RSDlite)
but flash failed...
and now everytime i reboot the phone stuck on ap fastboot
anyone have firmware for Luge???

Moondroid

Feb 12, 2015
hi i have moto luge
firmware : 185.46.10.xt907.Verizon.en.us
actually moto luge have same firmware with Droid Razr M??
i try to flashed with VRZ_XT907_KDA20.62-10.1.xml.zip (via RSDlite)
but flash failed...
and now everytime i reboot the phone stuck on ap fastboot
anyone have firmware for Luge???

It's the same phone as the RAZR M, just rebranded... and with newer firmware, i.e., the Kernel version date defeats the exploit that exists on older (RAZR M) phones.

But read this new thread, because it also applies to the Luge and your newer 185.46.10 firmware (at least 1 or 2 users have successfully rooted their Luge phones):

ROOT for Droid Razr M XT907- 183.46.15

EDIT: The method in that thread ^ is only for rooting, NOT unlocking the bootloader.

Last edited:

henhida

Nov 21, 2012
It's the same phone as the RAZR M, just rebranded... and with newer firmware, i.e., the Kernel version date defeats the exploit that exists on older (RAZR M) phones.

But read this new thread, because it also applies to the Luge and your newer 185.46.10 firmware (at least 1 or 2 users have successfully rooted their Luge phones):

ROOT for Droid Razr M XT907- 183.46.15

EDIT: The method in that thread ^ is only for rooting, NOT unlocking the bootloader.

this my Luge firmware
185.46.10.Xt907.Verizon.US
Kernel build Aug 25

the Luge now will stuck on ap fastboot mode (because flash failure cause use razr m firmware), i have to hard reset, than press volume button + power button, choose normal power up so i can get to system
i need the firmware file so i can reflash the Luge

Last edited:

Moondroid

Feb 12, 2015
this my Luge firmware
185.46.10.Xt907.Verizon.US
Kernel build Aug 25

the Luge now will stuck on ap fastboot mode (because flash failure cause use razr m firmware), i have to hard reset, than press volume button + power button, choose normal power up so i can get to system
i need the firmware file so i can reflash the Luge

Refer to the post I quoted up there. It references firmware downloads.

Jim1348

Nov 18, 2008
Motorola Luge On GSM

I have a Motorola Luge that I would like to use on AT&T or T-Mobile. I have read through some of the posts, but I am a bit confused. Is there just one program that will open the Luge up or is there more than one? I would prefer to not root it, if I don't have to.

Last edited:

T_ADD

Sep 7, 2011
Just use kingroot for rooting the luge 185.46.10.Xt907.Verizon.US and either leave it or replace with superuser. It easy and can be done. Problem for me is unlocking the bootloader to change ROM.