[Q] CM/AOSP Camera vs Motorola Camera app

Search This thread

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
There is a way for porting motorola camera app to aosp/CM roms??

I would love to use CM roms like CM11, but the camera quality is disgusting in the dark, the lack of HDR implemented by motorola app is a big is a big lack for night shots.

Also the "concert mode" for video capturing in motorola camera app is sublime (excellent audio recording for concerts).

I have LG camera Pro, that is better than standard CM/aosp camera (in my opinion).
But I would love to see the port of motorola camera app.

I think that the motorola framework is needed, but I see that for some samsung galaxy devices someone ported samsung camera to CM roms.

No one is interested?

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
Have you tried Focal?

Sent from my XT897 using xda app-developers app

Yes, good camera app but have some bugs now.

For now I use LG camera pro, but I miss original motorola camera HDR and concert mode with video recording.

Would like to see original motorola camera on AOSP/CM roms.

I would do it myself but I don't know how to port applications that requires original moto framework

stevey500

Dec 30, 2009
Yes, good camera app but have some bugs now.

For now I use LG camera pro, but I miss original motorola camera HDR and concert mode with video recording.

Would like to see original motorola camera on AOSP/CM roms.

I would do it myself but I don't know how to port applications that requires original moto framework

I am also very interested in this. I think it's bullcrap that an iPhone has auto-gain control in all their devices able to record crystal clear audio in very-loud environments. The Motorola devices with moto-camera app have "concert" mode that lowers the gain of the mic-inputs and dramatically improves audio capture for video in loud environments.

I am running Cm11 on my S4 and trying to get same results. I have found one way to manually change microphone sensitivity for the "Camcorder" audio profile in the system.

/system/etc/snd_soc_msm/snd_soc_msm_2x (or similar filename depending on device&rom) has all of the mixer profiles of inputs and outputs for audio.

Changing the audio level percents under

Code:
Name "Camcorder Tx"
	Comment "Camcorder Tx device"

EnableSequence
		'AIF1_CAP Mixer SLIM TX7':1:1
		'SLIM_0_TX Channels':0:eek:ne
		'SLIM TX7 MUX':0:DEC3
		'DEC3 MUX':0:ADC4
		'DEC3 Volume':1:76
		'ADC4 Volume':1:100
		'MICBIAS3 CAPLESS Switch':1:0
	EndSequence

from 76 to something like 47 allows my S4 to capture LOUD audio in crystal clear form.

I have noticed that motorola versions of the snd_soc_msm_2x file have multiple "Camcorder TX" profiles, I'm going to guess each one has different sensitivities, maybe this has to do with "concert mode" in the camera app focusing on different audio profiles in the snd_soc_msm_2x file. I know that this can be copied over to other devices as well, especially that moto roms are very close to AOSP.