[Q] unchangable flash counter

Search This thread

sliyk

May 15, 2007
Coventry
hi guys
so i got my note 3 at the start of this month and since this is my first foray into android space i rooted it a week later, but hen i was reading online that samsung have some sort of flash counter in the phone that cannot be reset hence voiding warranty, my phone has a two years manufacturers warranty so that's not something that im looking forward to, i want to keep my warranty and not flash any roms till im well into the android scene.

im thinking of unrooting my phone just in case [havent really foudn a big enough reason to keep it rooted]
i check with triangle away that the counter is still zero but my status is custom
wanna change that back to official so will i be back in warranty territory after un rooting?

thanks

JAMIE1000UK

Feb 16, 2009
leicester uk
hi guys
so i got my note 3 at the start of this month and since this is my first foray into android space i rooted it a week later, but hen i was reading online that samsung have some sort of flash counter in the phone that cannot be reset hence voiding warranty, my phone has a two years manufacturers warranty so that's not something that im looking forward to, i want to keep my warranty and not flash any roms till im well into the android scene.

im thinking of unrooting my phone just in case [havent really foudn a big enough reason to keep it rooted]
i check with triangle away that the counter is still zero but my status is custom
wanna change that back to official so will i be back in warranty territory after un rooting?

thanks

You mean knox. . As of right now. . It's changed to 0x1 meaning your warranty is void. Also threes no way yet (or ever) of changing that back.

You can check by booting into download mode by pressing power key, vol down(I think) and home key.

In top corner you will see knox warranty counter. If it's 0x0 you have Warranty. If it is 0x1 you don't.

Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Hit the Thanks button :)

jetbruceli

May 8, 2011
Bamberg, Germany
hi guys

thanks

Wow dude seriously you should have done alot of research. There are quite a few threads opened about this and if you did not know about Knox before rooting then you should have never rooted in the first place.
Good luck

sent from my iPhone 6s 64gb 5.7inch Super Oled screen and spen