stock kernel

Search This thread

hammerheadn5

Jun 9, 2014
Hi im reletivaly new to kernels and roms so i thpught id try out franco kernel. I flashed that and i like it :) but i still want to get the stock back. I don't know how to do that ive tried for a while now to find out how to do that i asume it is simple becouse there is not much info here or ytube. I dont have the time to try everything right now beacouse i'm abroud. Please help!;)

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Some lessons here:

1) don't Flash things when abroad
2) don't Flash things you don't know how to revert
3) always take a Nandroid backup before flashing something.

You can fastboot flash the stock boot.img from a computer. There may also be flashable zips around.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

In fact, if you download flashify from play, you can flash the stock boot.img without a computer

Reactions: bblzd

bushako

Mar 16, 2007
Dubai
You can either dirty flash the stock Rom through recovery or search for a standalone stock kernel in these threads that you can also flash through recovery.

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
just today i started testing 443 kernels for trinity kernel on the n4(i work for trinity kernel). anyways, i forgot to get a copy of the stock kernel, so i extracted the boot.img(kernel) out of the stock rom and used flashify to boot it :)

kabini

Aug 2, 2013
Calgary
You need to fastboot flash stock system.img and boot.img

Franco modifies some system files as well as replacing the boot.img. Just flashing boot.img is not just enough to return to the stock kernel - Source

You need to fastboot flash both system.img and boot.img from the Google Stock Image

But before doing any of this, be sure to make an Nandroid Backup - Its good practice to make Nandroid backups before flashing anything or making any radical changes. Then you can revert back without having any panic attacks.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Franco modifies some system files as well as replacing the boot.img. Just flashing boot.img is not just enough to return to the stock kernel - Source

You need to fastboot flash both system.img and boot.img from the Google Stock Image

But before doing any of this, be sure to make an Nandroid Backup - Its good practice to make Nandroid backups before flashing anything or making any radical changes. Then you can revert back without having any panic attacks.

Although the modifications won't affect the stock kernel whilst he is abroad, you're right - if he wants to use other kernels once he has returned home, he'll need to flash a rom first

aagha

Oct 10, 2010

By fastbooting system.img and boot.img, if I have an unlocked bootloader, will that get locked and will I lose root? Will I lose my desktops and icons I have setup? (If so, is there any way to save those?)

Also, I have a TWRP backup; good enough?

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
To flash stock from franco -

u8atyvaz.jpg

Staggerlee66

Mar 11, 2014
Soon as you open up the bootloader you should do a backup and an efs backup which should be stored off phone. I love the new TWR app which allows for backup to usb thumb drives. Plus you can back up with out going into recovery!

# 47386

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some lessons here:

1) don't Flash things when abroad
    2) don't Flash things you don't know how to revert
    3) always take a Nandroid backup before flashing something.

You can fastboot flash the stock boot.img from a computer. There may also be flashable zips around.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

In fact, if you download flashify from play, you can flash the stock boot.img without a computer