**Bootlooping Network Problem *FIX INSIDE*

Search This thread

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
A factory reset is NOT needed!!

---------------------------------------------
i decided to do a fresh restart of my phone so i poewred it down, and did a battery pull after the phone was completely off. turned it back on, gets to lock screen, i unlock......sits..loading...screen goes black, and whattya know, white HTC splash screen. a few times. it's bootlooping!

Basically, with the cover off, it stopped bootlooping..therefore, it was a NETWORK ISSUE.

EDIT* this WORKED! anyone who has this issue please do the following: (source http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-rezound/184994-rezound-stuck-boot-loop.html)

STEP 1: TAKE BATTERY COVER OFF. this will prevent the phone from trying to connect to the network.

*#*#4636#*#* Under phone info you will find that the network is factory set to WCDMA Preferred... I guess the SIM card decides sometime along the way that it doesn't like that much... Setting the network to CDMA EVDO/LTE - Auto completely corrects the problem

another poster said that after you do this, hit home, power down the phone, pull sim card out, put it back in, then reset it. i didn't do this; i just went back, put the battery cover on, it froze like usual, reset itself, and now it's working perfectly.

**UPDATE** A few people are saying that along with taking off their battery cover, they have to REMOVE THEIR SIM CARD AS WELL! i did not have to do this, but some people did. take that into consideration!

(brockeverly stated:
You may have to take your SIM out for this to work. I did even with the back off. Aside from that, this works fantastic.)

for some reason, this is what happens: under phone info, as it says, it will reset to WCDMA Preferred for NO reason whatsoever! this must have happened when i shut my phone down; other people are reporting that doing "reboot" does this frequently for them! this is the first time in my month of ownership i saw this happen, so this was new to me...but thankfully, we have a fix!

As another way of doing this, Marclile said:

"For anyone interested, you can download this app and get straight into that config menu.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.geoffreybuttercrumbs.lteswitch

I use it to switch from "CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto" to "CDMA auto (PRL)". The CDMA auto setting doesn't seem to have the reboot problem, so you should be able to put it on that if you don't want 4G turned on all the time."

Last edited:

MrHawaii

Oct 11, 2008
This happened to me also. Take out the battery, press and hold the volume down button and press and hold the power button. This gets you to the boot leader menu. Use the volume keys to move your selection up and down. Use the power button to select, I forgot if you select clear storage or factory reset. Best of luck.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

dccoh

Jul 8, 2010
Grand Rapids
Hmm

thanks dude.

seems that right now, i can boot it with the back cover OFF.

once i put the back cover on, the phone FREEZES and then reboots itself.

has anyone seen this issue before?!

So freezes once signal is involved? Hmm. Bad sim card? Faulty Hardware?

Sorry to hear about your problem and hope you get it fixed easily.

Good luck Bro.

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-rezound/184994-rezound-stuck-boot-loop.html

EDIT* this WORKED! anyone who has this issue please do the following:

*#*#4636#*#* Under phone info you will find that the network is factory set to WCDMA Preferred... I guess the SIM card decides sometime along the way that it doesn't like that much... Setting the network to CDMA EVDO/LTE - Auto completely corrects the problem

another poster said that after you do this, hit home, power down the phone, pull sim card out, put it back in, then reset it. i didn't do this; i just went back, put the battery cover on, it froze like usual, reset itself, and now it's working perfectly. holy hell this god damn phone just gave me a heart attack!

for some reason, this is what happens: under phone info, as it says, it will reset to WCDMA Preferred for NO reason whatsoever! this must have happened when i shut my phone down; other people are reporting that doing "reboot" does this frequently for them! this is the first time in my month of ownership i saw this happen, so this was new to me...but thankfully, we have a fix!

Last edited:

ppmp22

Mar 4, 2011
thanks dude.

seems that right now, i can boot it with the back cover OFF.

once i put the back cover on, the phone FREEZES and then reboots itself.

has anyone seen this issue before?!

This is exactly what happened to my first Rezound. I tried to reboot, but got stuck in a bootloop. The phone would boot normally with the battery cover off and stay functional until I put the cover back on. After that, it would start bootlooping again. I'm scared to even reboot this one because of this issue.

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
ppmp, read my first post! there's an EASY fix! it's because the phone sometimes switches network modes when you shut it down or reboot it on it's own....nobody knows why, but i guarantee your old phone was set to WCDMA when it should be set to CDMA/LTE Auto

skynet3132

Aug 10, 2010
Phoenix
has happened to me twice already. first time was the morning after i bought the phone, and the second was a couple weeks ago. both times i had to do a factory reset. NOT happy that it does this, and have expressed this to big red (like they care) for annotation purposes on my account.

good to know there is a fix. next time this happened, i was gonna jump ship for the GN. having doubts after seeing it for myself at the store tho...

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
stickied :) thanks steve!

i was THIS close to doing a factory reset..this all happened at like 1am one night when i had to be up at 8 for work, and i was so mad lol..i was frantically searching for a solution..and thankfully one was found!

f3liC

Mar 11, 2010
This seems to happen to me every time the phone dies and runs completely out of juice so for me, the best way to avoid it is just to not let the phone die.

marclile

Jun 17, 2010
STL
i honestly think it is completely random. it happened to me again yesterday. all i did was reboot my phone 2 times in a row. i didn't even change anything or install anything... first reboot went fine, i immediately rebooted again and when it came back up, it started bootlooping.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A factory reset is NOT needed!!

---------------------------------------------
    i decided to do a fresh restart of my phone so i poewred it down, and did a battery pull after the phone was completely off. turned it back on, gets to lock screen, i unlock......sits..loading...screen goes black, and whattya know, white HTC splash screen. a few times. it's bootlooping!

Basically, with the cover off, it stopped bootlooping..therefore, it was a NETWORK ISSUE.

EDIT* this WORKED! anyone who has this issue please do the following: (source http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-rezound/184994-rezound-stuck-boot-loop.html)

STEP 1: TAKE BATTERY COVER OFF. this will prevent the phone from trying to connect to the network.

another poster said that after you do this, hit home, power down the phone, pull sim card out, put it back in, then reset it. i didn't do this; i just went back, put the battery cover on, it froze like usual, reset itself, and now it's working perfectly.

**UPDATE** A few people are saying that along with taking off their battery cover, they have to REMOVE THEIR SIM CARD AS WELL! i did not have to do this, but some people did. take that into consideration!

(brockeverly stated:
    You may have to take your SIM out for this to work. I did even with the back off. Aside from that, this works fantastic.)

As another way of doing this, Marclile said:

"For anyone interested, you can download this app and get straight into that config menu.

I use it to switch from "CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto" to "CDMA auto (PRL)". The CDMA auto setting doesn't seem to have the reboot problem, so you should be able to put it on that if you don't want 4G turned on all the time."
    Latest response from HTC that I got yesterday.

Thank you for your response Mike.

HTC is aware of the issue with power cycling and our developers are currently assessing this important matter. At this time I do not yet have the ETA to provide you for an update, however it is an issue of critical importance and the development team is working diligently to correct this for all users of the Rezound.

In preparation for a possible maintenance release, make sure that your phone has the most up to date software available. This will ensure that when updates are available that your phone will be able to install them immediately.

To check your ROM version and see the details of the last update please visit the official HTC web portal at http://www.htc.com/us/support/rezound-verizon/downloads/ .

I deeply regret any inconvenience this may cause Mike, and hope that an update is available for you soon to correct this troubling issue. Thank you for your patience and cooperation while we help you to restore your phone to a fully functional state.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-rezound/184994-rezound-stuck-boot-loop.html

EDIT* this WORKED! anyone who has this issue please do the following:

another poster said that after you do this, hit home, power down the phone, pull sim card out, put it back in, then reset it. i didn't do this; i just went back, put the battery cover on, it froze like usual, reset itself, and now it's working perfectly. holy hell this god damn phone just gave me a heart attack!

For anyone interested, you can download this app and get straight into that config menu.

I use it to switch from "CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto" to "CDMA auto (PRL)". The CDMA auto setting doesn't seem to have the reboot problem, so you should be able to put it on that if you don't want 4G turned on all the time.
    You may have to take your SIM out for this to work. I did even with the back off. Aside from that, this works fantastic.