[Q] Leave /datadata unused?

Search This thread
I'm currently running Unofficial CM10.2 on my Infuse 4G, but I'm stuck with one deal. I daily install bulky and big-cache Apps (Chinese Web Browser, Games, Facebook, etc.) back in stock everything was fine, but in CM Builds and basically every ROM they use this /datadata thing which in my case fills up with something like 2-3 apps. I've tried different /datadata scripts all of them ending the same with a full /datadata partition.
I want to know if the is a way a can completely remove the use of /datadata so all my Apps and theyre data is stored of the 2Gb /data partition, I don't care about the "lag" they talk about, I didn't really experienced any lag at all.
I am still a newbie at XDA but I have sme experience with Android.
Thank you.

OfficerJimLahey

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 12, 2014
Sunnyvale
www.chebucto.ns.ca
I'm currently running Unofficial CM10.2 on my Infuse 4G, but I'm stuck with one deal. I daily install bulky and big-cache Apps (Chinese Web Browser, Games, Facebook, etc.) back in stock everything was fine, but in CM Builds and basically every ROM they use this /datadata thing which in my case fills up with something like 2-3 apps. I've tried different /datadata scripts all of them ending the same with a full /datadata partition.
I want to know if the is a way a can completely remove the use of /datadata so all my Apps and theyre data is stored of the 2Gb /data partition, I don't care about the "lag" they talk about, I didn't really experienced any lag at all.
I am still a newbie at XDA but I have sme experience with Android.
Thank you.

Workaround: If you have a MicroSD card, you can re-partition it to have a large ext4 (second) partition, then use Link2SD:

http://awanstuff.wordpress.com/2013...ink2sd-in-any-android-phone-with-screenshots/

I have a new phone with 1.3GB userdata. The disk fills up fast. Using Link2SD, it moves each app you choose to the MicroSD, then links it so it pretends it's still in the original location. I freed up so much space this way.

I also found a more real solution some time back: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53600985

Last edited: