Cant perm root Mytouch 4G please help before you move my thread

Search This thread

michael.racelli

Feb 23, 2011
I have spent hours on xda, downloading gfree, trying to downgrade, trying taco root. I even unlocked bootloader at htc dev and cannot get my phone perm rooted

I have 2.3.4
software 2.32.531.1

i used the guide on how to downgrade to 2.2.1 for the visionary exploit

i keep getting permission denied
Potential exploit area found at address fbb80e00:200.

I am sorry for sounding like "noob" but i wasted the day trying to do this and have given up

Someone please help me, ill even donate a cup of coffee to whoever helps me fix this. No joke from 9 am to 530 pm, i have been going in circles, i downloaded the htc easy root tool all failed

the farthest i made it was getting temp root with taco root, but there are no clear cut instructions for what to do after, these guides are over a year old prior to my version of android

Last edited:

DylanTheVillian

Nov 21, 2010
Spring, TX
I'm not sure where your going wrong but the guides work fine. I used them to downgrade, perm root, and flash the engineering bootloader. Have you tried asking in the q and a section? I'm sure you will find a solution, if you ask in the proper place.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

michael.racelli

Feb 23, 2011
i have been on here for 9 hours going through the q/a this is a brand new str8 from t-mobile mytouch 4g with the newest possible rom, a year ago i successfully did this dozens of time with visionary, its this new rom thats the problem, i put virtuous rom successfully on my first mytouch a year ago, and ive rooted my hd2 for friends and family, so i know my way around xda, this is the first time im truly stuck

michael.racelli

Feb 23, 2011
cnote 74 i tried that guide my expolit area "fbb80e00:200" is not covered by that guide, if you look at the 5 or 6 lines

$ /data/local/tmp/fre3vo -debug -start 10000000 -end 1FFFFFFF
$ /data/local/tmp/fre3vo -debug -start 20000000 -end 2FFFFFFF
$ /data/local/tmp/fre3vo -debug -start 30000000 -end 3FFFFFFF
$ /data/local/tmp/fre3vo -debug -start F0000000 -end FFFFFFFF
$ /data/local/tmp/fre3vo -debug -start E0000000 -end EFFFFFFF

mine is different than all of these

michael.racelli

Feb 23, 2011
this is what ive been getting, i followed the guide to the T

C:\AndroidSDK\platform-tools>adb shell cat /dev/msm_rotator
adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon started successfully *
/dev/msm_rotator: invalid length

C:\AndroidSDK\platform-tools>adb push fre3vo /data/local/tmp
869 KB/s (9796 bytes in 0.011s)

C:\AndroidSDK\platform-tools>adb shell
$ chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/fre3vo
chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/fre3vo
$ /data/local/tmp/fre3vo -debug -start FAA90000 -end FFFFFFFF
/data/local/tmp/fre3vo -debug -start FAA90000 -end FFFFFFFF
fre3vo by #teamwin
Please wait...
Attempting to modify ro.secure property...
fb_fix_screeninfo:
id: msmfb
smem_start: 802160640
smem_len: 3145728
type: 0
type_aux: 0
visual: 2
xpanstep: 0
ypanstep: 1
line_length: 1920
mmio_start: 0
accel: 0
fb_var_screeninfo:
xres: 480
yres: 800
xres_virtual: 480
yres_virtual: 1600
xoffset: 0
yoffset: 800
bits_per_pixel: 32
activate: 16
height: 80
width: 48
rotate: 0
grayscale: 0
nonstd: 0
accel_flags: 0
pixclock: 0
left_margin: 0
right_margin: 0
upper_margin: 0
lower_margin: 0
hsync_len: 0
vsync_len: 0
sync: 0
vmode: 0
Buffer offset: 00000000
Buffer size: 8192
Scanning region faa90000...
Scanning region fab80000...
Scanning region fac70000...
Scanning region fad60000...
Scanning region fae50000...
Scanning region faf40000...
Scanning region fb030000...
Scanning region fb120000...
Scanning region fb210000...
Scanning region fb300000...
Scanning region fb3f0000...
Scanning region fb4e0000...
Scanning region fb5d0000...
Scanning region fb6c0000...
Scanning region fb7b0000...
Scanning region fb8a0000...
Scanning region fb990000...
Scanning region fba80000...
Potential exploit area found at address fbb6c400:c00.
Exploiting device...

adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon started successfully *
# exit
exit

C:\AndroidSDK\platform-tools>adb push misc_version /data/local/tmp/misc_version
1718 KB/s (15837 bytes in 0.009s)

C:\AndroidSDK\platform-tools>adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/

# cd /data/local/tmp
cd /data/local/tmp
# ./misc_version -s 1.00.000.0
./misc_version -s 1.00.000.0
./misc_version: permission denied
#

invasion2

Oct 3, 2011
Space, the ONLY Frontier
1st off.......THIS IS THE DEVELOPMENT SECTION! NOT Q&A! THATS WHAT THE Q&A IS FOR!
2nd....its because you unlocked via htcdev, which we have warned users multiple times if you did read the Q&A and General forums.
Htcdev method makes it harder to root/flash a ROM. We warned you. And then you complain and post in the wrong section!
Edit: also.....If you knew to put "DON'T MOVE THREAD", why did you post it here in the first place?

Sent from my HoneySmartDroid Port using XDA Premium.

Last edited:

hellmonger

Oct 9, 2010
Laval
I have spent hours on xda, downloading gfree, trying to downgrade, trying taco root. I even unlocked bootloader at htc dev and cannot get my phone perm rooted

I have 2.3.4
software 2.32.531.1

i used the guide on how to downgrade to 2.2.1 for the visionary exploit

i keep getting permission denied
Potential exploit area found at address fbb80e00:200.

I am sorry for sounding like "noob" but i wasted the day trying to do this and have given up

Someone please help me, ill even donate a cup of coffee to whoever helps me fix this. No joke from 9 am to 530 pm, i have been going in circles, i downloaded the htc easy root tool all failed

the farthest i made it was getting temp root with taco root, but there are no clear cut instructions for what to do after, these guides are over a year old prior to my version of android

no need to downgrade
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=803682

michael.racelli

Feb 23, 2011
I relocked the bootloader, still the same thing permission denied, am i the only one who has encountered this issue, i cannot root downgrade right now if my life depended on it right now

Rillusion08

May 15, 2011
Salt lake City Utah
adb push misc_version /data/local/tmp/misc_version
> adb push flashgc /data/local/tmp/flashgc
> adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/* <--------(THIS LINE IS YOUR MISTAKE)
> adb shell
# cd /data/local/tmp
# ./misc_version -s 1.00.000.0
--set_version set. VERSION will be changed to: 1.00.000.0
Patching and backing up partition 17...
# ./flashgc

From what I gathered on your post, I am thinking you did a pastebin which is good. If you did, and it copied straight from you command prompt, than you are missing an (*) at the end of the adb chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/.

I recently used the guide to downgrade/root/flash e-bootloader/flash rom on 2 brand new 2.3.4 mytouch 4gs 2 weeks ago.

Also if you can manage to safe some time and headache reformat your SD card with the PD15IMG on to to fat32. If you dont you have a very likely chance that when you attempt to flash the PD15IMG to get a no image or bad image error in your bootloader when downgrading.

Slow down, step away from the computer, take a break and come back and START OVER. I spent 2 days getting that damned error on the pd15img.

edit:The quoted text is from the downgrading guide.

Last edited:

Rillusion08

May 15, 2011
Salt lake City Utah

Rillusion08

May 15, 2011
Salt lake City Utah

Hellmonger, I never got superoneclick to work on 2.3.4 mytouch 4g. Tried it and it gets stuck on the psneuter

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

This is for the desire/g2 it wont work. Use the link I posted.

saranhai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 5, 2011
Nowhere
. . .

knew someone was gonna take me the wrong way. deleted.

seeing from what other users have posted, it seems that you have "unlocked" your bootloader the Official HTC way. then there's not much anyone here can do for you, since that way wasn't recommended anyway.
but since your bootloader is now "unlocked", i don't see why you need to follow the downgrade procedure anymore. from looking at other device forums, i see that all you gotta do is get a custom recovery on there somehow, flash a rooted ROM, flash the boot image of that ROM (since you decided to do it the HTC way) and that's pretty much it...

Contacting a mod at once...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh yeah.I dont think your guys Ports are BS.youre doing great with the porting.but stop acting like you guys are the developers,the,creators,and especially overstepping and thinking you are the moderators too.
    Because...that crap actually ruins the mytouch forums.
    just drop your Ports and stick to your threads.let the moderator handle this crap.
    Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA
    I am TRULY SINCERELY SORRY for all the drama that unfolded, i will try some of these recommendations again, its psychotically frustrating to spend 16 hours going in circles, again I am sorry to those I perturbed

You only needed to add the * to the end of your "chmod" command that you've executed wrong. And for that you only needed to copy-paste the command from the guide, instead of typing it.

Sorry if if comes out as flaming, but I have to.
    It's always sincerely annoying to se people that think their phone is somehow different from hundreds and thousands of other phones, with exactly the same OS, that have been cleanly rooted, and they have to make a thread on it instead of just looking at the guides and understanding where they went wrong, or just doing something as simple as following the guide to a T. ALL of the latest "can't root" threads are just that - failure to see what's in front of the eyes.
    It is annoying, because it takes a lot of efforts to help those people to achieve what they're after, while they're not willing to invest their effort in doing something as simple as copy-pasting the commands.

So I can see the reason why people are getting pissed, and why this thread became what it became.