Went back to stock 4.2.2, how do I update to 4.3 stock? (won't let me update)

Search This thread

btort1

Oct 20, 2013
So basically I went back to stock by "TAR files to flash MF3 via ODIN" and now I am on 4.2.2 stock. I don't really need root and just want to go 4.3

What I want to do is go 4.3 but it won't let me, it says I am up to date even though I am on 4.2.2.

It also won't let me update via kies...how do I fix this?

Last edited:

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Ok so I have a rooted 4.2.2 mf3 S4 and I want to factory reset it because it's pretty laggy if I compare it to my gf's s4 which is also rooted.

I didn’t do the odin root, I used this method to root my s4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_lu4ibJQtg

Is there any easy way to factory reset without losing the root?

I got a few more questions

Is there a way I can go to 4.3 root from 4.2.2? What would happen if I update to stock 4.3 or 4.4 (when it officially comes out) using the AT&T software update, will it brick my phone or will I be ok?

ODIN root method is for the I337m only anyways, so it wouldn't have worked. If you do a factory reset in the stock recovery, it doesn't touch the system files at all so you should still keep root. I'd make SuperSU a system app first though. You can get the 4.3 OTA through the software update menu and as long as you activate survival mode in SuperSU and you haven't made any changes whatsoever to the system files (besides root), it will run just fine.