ATT (ROOTED) Lg Flex wont boot. Help! (please)

Search This thread

hubrisnxs

Nov 30, 2007
Austin
So I woke up this morning (after going to bed listening to audiobooks on sleep mode) to find my brand new flex would not power on, did not respond to charging, and I even tried to use paper clips on the two small holes in case it was a soft reset ability.

I had to leave on a business trip for a few hours, but before I left I USBd to the laptop, and it found about twelve drive partitions all asking me to format. My questions are numerous, but primarily I want to beg slash ask ;

1. Any advice on what to do?
2. Were those drives all related to the efs partitions in another thread?

AndroidUser00110001

Aug 16, 2011
NYC
So I woke up this morning (after going to bed listening to audiobooks on sleep mode) to find my brand new flex would not power on, did not respond to charging, and I even tried to use paper clips on the two small holes in case it was a soft reset ability.

I had to leave on a business trip for a few hours, but before I left I USBd to the laptop, and it found about twelve drive partitions all asking me to format. My questions are numerous, but primarily I want to beg slash ask ;

1. Any advice on what to do?
2. Were those drives all related to the efs partitions in another thread?

What's the device listed in device manager? Sounds like your phone is hosed...Partition tables got messed up.

You might be able to restore it in Linux using dd. Can you get into download mode?

sweets55

May 25, 2009
I hosed my G2 a month ago. Tried 3 or 4 ways to bring it back but nothing helped. Lesson learned to back up EFS on laptop and phone before anything. I had mine swapped out but took a few days. Good luck.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

mjcintexas

Jan 26, 2011
What's the device listed in device manager? Sounds like your phone is hosed...Partition tables got messed up.

You might be able to restore it in Linux using dd. Can you get into download mode?

Have exact problem...I can get in download mode but dont know what to do from there. I tried adb and fastboot commands but it cant find device. Anyway to get it into fastboot mode or how do I use download mode so it will boot again. If powered on it tries to boot like it is updating (the blue line under android) then he falls over dead with the triangle. If I could get it to connect to my pc via usb I can do the fastboot flash of the .img files. Thanks in advance

Triad79

Mar 17, 2014
Have exact problem...I can get in download mode but dont know what to do from there. I tried adb and fastboot commands but it cant find device. Anyway to get it into fastboot mode or how do I use download mode so it will boot again. If powered on it tries to boot like it is updating (the blue line under android) then he falls over dead with the triangle. If I could get it to connect to my pc via usb I can do the fastboot flash of the .img files. Thanks in advance

Check here:
Code:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2644083&page=10

We already tried some of the ideas of the Ubuntu VM dd commands as well as some other stuff.
If someone can continue this work to get G Flex into download or fastboot mode like others did LG G2, than share there or here...
I'll be more then happy...

cheers m8s

mjcintexas

Jan 26, 2011
Check here:
Code:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2644083&page=10

We already tried some of the ideas of the Ubuntu VM dd commands as well as some other stuff.
If someone can continue this work to get G Flex into download or fastboot mode like others did LG G2, than share there or here...
I'll be more then happy...

cheers m8s

I can get in download mode but dont know what to do from there. My biggest problem is trying to get my computer to talk to the phone via usb.