Droid maxx battery problem

Search This thread

Black Metal

Jun 21, 2012
Yalova
hey there!
the title is right! i have a serious problem with my maxx's battery.
i searched in xda forum but i couldn't catch any same results. first i should tell u that i'm not living in U.S so I'm not using 4g LTE...
my droid maxx battery is draining really fast. it can't stand more than a single day of normal usage,the same results of the ultra. I'm not using any mobile networks,I'm just using wi-fi for internet connections. but the result on battery monitoring says that the screen is draining battery,which i dont use it really much! in the battery section in setting,screen used about 46%!!! for example i just unlocked the phone for checking it's battery,2 times in just 30 minutes,and each time the screen went on,the battery percentage got down by 1%. I was using a droid maxx HD before,its battery could run for more than 3 days for me on a normal usage! but my maxx barely goes more than a single day. what can i do? change battery? or any changing in software?
i'm on 4.4 android,not rooted.
i should add that it's about 17 hours which i'm on safe mode,in this 13 hours i was sleeping about 9 hours.and when i started on safe mode it had 62% of battery. now it's 42%!!!!!

sorry for bad english,
thanks for helping ;)

Jun 18, 2014
Have you thought about switching batteries?

hey there!
the title is right! i have a serious problem with my maxx's battery.
i searched in xda forum but i couldn't catch any same results. first i should tell u that i'm not living in U.S so I'm not using 4g LTE...
my droid maxx battery is draining really fast. it can't stand more than a single day of normal usage,the same results of the ultra. I'm not using any mobile networks,I'm just using wi-fi for internet connections. but the result on battery monitoring says that the screen is draining battery,which i dont use it really much! in the battery section in setting,screen used about 46%!!! for example i just unlocked the phone for checking it's battery,2 times in just 30 minutes,and each time the screen went on,the battery percentage got down by 1%. I was using a droid maxx HD before,its battery could run for more than 3 days for me on a normal usage! but my maxx barely goes more than a single day. what can i do? change battery? or any changing in software?
i'm on 4.4 android,not rooted.
i should add that it's about 17 hours which i'm on safe mode,in this 13 hours i was sleeping about 9 hours.and when i started on safe mode it had 62% of battery. now it's 42%!!!!!

sorry for bad english,
thanks for helping ;)

Have you replaced your manufacturer battery with a new battery? If so where did you purchase it at?

Black Metal

Jun 21, 2012
Yalova
Have you replaced your manufacturer battery with a new battery? If so where did you purchase it at?

I bought the phone from ebay everything of the phone works normally and it does not get hot. and how can i know if the battery is original or not? (i used a program to get the battery details...it did not give me the result about a fake battery.)
should i open the phone?
(I'm not sure about this,but i think battery is original,cause in motorola forums i read some similar problems...but they changed their phones in verizon stores,which i don't have access to them)

Jun 18, 2014
I bought the phone from ebay everything of the phone works normally and it does not get hot. and how can i know if the battery is original or not? (i used a program to get the battery details...it did not give me the result about a fake battery.)
should i open the phone?
(I'm not sure about this,but i think battery is original,cause in motorola forums i read some similar problems...but they changed their phones in verizon stores,which i don't have access to them)

I wouldn't open the phone up to check. if the phone has a removable back on it that you can take off to look and see if the manufacturer has put their name on it. Otherwise, there isn't a good way to check I guess. Sorry

Black Metal

Jun 21, 2012
Yalova
Well, you can buy a new battery on ebay, that's what I'm going to do, I'm using an Ultra battery for now, the XT1080M batteries are between 30-35 on ebay, and I consider it very cheap for the capacity.

you know,it's a good choice,but if i buy a battery,i have to change it by myself...so i should open the back of the phone by myself...and as u can see i live in iran,it takes about a month to recive the battery. so if i have to order a new battery, I have to make sure about the battery..any ideas for knowing the originality of battery by any software?

Well, they said that the way to calibrate the battery is use it until is depleted, then... when its off connect it to the wall charger and don't turn the phone on until the battery icon marks 100%, turn it on and it is supposed to be calibrated, or I don't know...

For the battery swapping, you need the Motorola EU40 battery, thats the MAXX one, a Torx 3 screwdriver, a Torx 5 screwdriver and a plastic prying tool... you can search in Google on how to open the Droid Ultra/Maxx and it's easy, if you have the correct screwdrivers of couser... Good Luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Black Metal

Black Metal

Jun 21, 2012
Yalova
Well, they said that the way to calibrate the battery is use it until is depleted, then... when its off connect it to the wall charger and don't turn the phone on until the battery icon marks 100%, turn it on and it is supposed to be calibrated, or I don't know...

For the battery swapping, you need the Motorola EU40 battery, thats the MAXX one, a Torx 3 screwdriver, a Torx 5 screwdriver and a plastic prying tool... you can't search in Google on how to open the Droid Ultra/Maxx and it's easy, if you have the correct screwdrivers of couser... Good Luck!

thanks dude,I will try, but there is just one question, I read on motorola forums that using phone until the battery goes to 0% is dangerous for the battery. Is it true? or i will do this. and i hope the problem would solve..or i have to buy the battery... :(
thanks

an21281

thanks dude,I will try, but there is just one question, I read on motorola forums that using phone until the battery goes to 0% is dangerous for the battery. Is it true? or i will do this. and i hope the problem would solve..or i have to buy the battery... :(
thanks
It's fine, just drain until it ships off by itself. Plug it in and charge to 100% with the phone off the whole time. . I do this once a month to Calibrate the battery and it helps. Never had a problem

Reactions: Black Metal

ASHRAFJEHAN

Dec 23, 2015
I have original battery of droid maxx 1080 , best timing 3500mah only 1100 pakistani rupees , location peshawer contect# 03429345276

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

For the battery swapping, you need the Motorola EU40 battery, thats the MAXX one, a Torx 3 screwdriver, a Torx 5 screwdriver and a plastic prying tool... you can search in Google on how to open the Droid Ultra/Maxx and it's easy, if you have the correct screwdrivers of couser... Good Luck!
    thanks
    It's fine, just drain until it ships off by itself. Plug it in and charge to 100% with the phone off the whole time. . I do this once a month to Calibrate the battery and it helps. Never had a problem