Search This thread

BeansTown106

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2011
BeanTown USA
Root de la Vega
By @designgears & @Chainfire
Ported To the Verizon S4 By:mad:BeansTown106

First off, Huge Thanks to @designgears for the root method & @Chainfire for his SuperSU App
Also Big Thanks To @open1your1eyes0 for beta testing it for me on the Verizon S4 MI1 Update

Warning: I cannot be held responsible for anything you do to your phone, rooting is optional! But the KNOX counter added in the MI1 Bootloader will not be affected and will still show 0x0.

How To Enter Download Mode
Method 1: in command prompt or terminal enter: adb reboot download
Method 2: Pull the battery out, unplug the usb cable, reinsert the battery. Hold Volume Down + Home + Power. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Rooting Instructions
Remove the external sdcard (if you have one)
Boot into bootloader mode (see methods above)
Flash VRUDMI1_Root_de_la_vega_jfltevzw.tar.md5 with Odin v3.07 (put in PDA slot, don't change any other settings, click start)
Let your device fully boot after flashing has completed
Copy the contents of Rootfiles.zip to the root of the internal storage
  • /My Computer/SCH-I545/Phone/
    • root_de_la_vega.sh
    • root_files (folder)
Reboot (very important!)
After fully booting delete the files from the internal storage that were added previously
  • /My Computer/[Phone Name]/Phone/
    • root_de_la_vega.sh
    • root_files (folder)
Reboot (extremely important!)
Reinsert the external sdcard (if you have one)

That's all! Enjoy Root!

Videos of Rooting Instructions:By DroidModderX and RootJunky.com

Download
FILENAME: rootdelavegajfltevzw.7z (Mega)
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23196940996969269 (mirror)
http://kickass.to/i545-root-de-la-vega-for-i545vrudmi1-full-t8096893.html (torrent)

XDA:DevDB Information
Root De La Vega - I545VRUDMI1, a Tool/Utility for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
beanstown106, designgears, chainfire

Version Information

Created 2013-10-17
Last Updated 2013-10-31

Last edited by a moderator:

F14Scott

Apr 5, 2011
So, before I try the above root method (thanks!), I thought I'd try the Voodoo method others have mentioned is working.

I'm Verizon SGS4, stock rooted ME7 with no other mods. When I use Voodoo, I have "saved" root, show all four checkboxes checked, and, just prior to running the OTA OS update, I select "Temp. un-root (keeps backup)". Then, when I run the OS update, the update fails.

Anyone have any suggestions?

ebsk8er06

Sep 26, 2013
The new bootloader has more checks then me7, and it hasn't been cracked so I don't think cwm or twrp will be coming netime soon unless safestarp works with this version to but in doing so there would be a lot of confusion on what people should flash and not flash and a whole lot of bricked phones

hyperdrive powered s4

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
The new bootloader has more checks then me7, and it hasn't been cracked so I don't think cwm or twrp will be coming netime soon unless safestarp works with this version to but in doing so there would be a lot of confusion on what people should flash and not flash and a whole lot of bricked phones

hyperdrive powered s4

Just waiting for the stock build to flash for Loki MDK phones. I might flash the radio later today after we see some reports on connections.

Reactions: dhemke17

myn

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2007

hyperdrive powered s4

Proof? I am not seeing that.

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City

hyperdrive powered s4

This is not true. ME7 was already as locked down as possible, MI1 build just continues the same that ME7 started. In fact MI1 you can consider less checking since this time you can actually downgrade certain partitions back to ME7 (not working entirely of course but it's allowed at least this time around).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root de la Vega
    By @designgears & @Chainfire
    Ported To the Verizon S4 By:mad:BeansTown106

First off, Huge Thanks to @designgears for the root method & @Chainfire for his SuperSU App
    Also Big Thanks To @open1your1eyes0 for beta testing it for me on the Verizon S4 MI1 Update

Warning: I cannot be held responsible for anything you do to your phone, rooting is optional! But the KNOX counter added in the MI1 Bootloader will not be affected and will still show 0x0.

How To Enter Download Mode
    Method 1: in command prompt or terminal enter: adb reboot download
    Method 2: Pull the battery out, unplug the usb cable, reinsert the battery. Hold Volume Down + Home + Power. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Rooting Instructions
    Remove the external sdcard (if you have one)
    Boot into bootloader mode (see methods above)
    Flash VRUDMI1_Root_de_la_vega_jfltevzw.tar.md5 with Odin v3.07 (put in PDA slot, don't change any other settings, click start)
    Let your device fully boot after flashing has completed
    Copy the contents of Rootfiles.zip to the root of the internal storage
    • /My Computer/SCH-I545/Phone/
      • root_de_la_vega.sh
      • root_files (folder)
    Reboot (very important!)
    After fully booting delete the files from the internal storage that were added previously
    • /My Computer/[Phone Name]/Phone/
      • root_de_la_vega.sh
      • root_files (folder)
    Reboot (extremely important!)
    Reinsert the external sdcard (if you have one)

That's all! Enjoy Root!

Videos of Rooting Instructions:By DroidModderX and RootJunky.com

Download
    FILENAME: rootdelavegajfltevzw.7z (Mega)
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23196940996969269 (mirror)
    http://kickass.to/i545-root-de-la-vega-for-i545vrudmi1-full-t8096893.html (torrent)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Root De La Vega - I545VRUDMI1, a Tool/Utility for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    beanstown106, designgears, chainfire

Version Information

Created 2013-10-17
    Last Updated 2013-10-31
    Excellent method with huge thanks to all of the above (especially designgears for discovering this truly ingenious ODIN trick).

Confirmed tested and working 100% on a full VRUDMI1 build (new bootloaders/radios and all). :good:
    Is there a link to the new radio in flashable form.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46550751

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    Hey Bean I made this instructional video on this process. hope it will help others with this root for MI1 please put it in your OP if you want to.

Build MI1 Root instructions

Thanks Tomsgt