Stuck on bootloader.

Search This thread

Bruwno

Mar 3, 2014
Hi !

I have a problem with my HTC DHD device. I unlocked it and rooted it a long time ago, using goldcard, installed Rom Manager, flashed the recovery, install CM...and all of a sudden, my phone shutted down, and couldn't stop rebooting, got the green HTC logo, and he reboot.

I had this problem a few month ago, i tried several things, that put my phone back in S-ON.

I actually got this :

Code:
c:\Fastboot>fastboot getvar all
INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 0.85.0024
INFOversion-baseband: 26.09.04.11_M2
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: 0438
INFOversion-main: 2.50.405.2
INFOserialno: SH12ARX01979
INFOimei: 356299049586678
INFOproduct: ace
INFOplatform: HBOOT-7230
INFOmodelid: PD9810000
INFOcidnum: VODAP203
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 3635mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: on
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: a3d4fa0f
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
INFOgencheckpt: 0
INFOregion-id: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.008s

I can't access to recovery, and i can't boot on anything else than the HBOOT or FASTBOOT mode.
I tried to unlock from htc dev, but it says that i need to upgrade my HBOOT before using htcdev tool.
As i was back in S-ON mode, i tried severals RUU Roms.

As the getvar all says i'm actually running 2.50.405.2, so i tried to install a clean RUU using

RUU_Ace_Gingerbread_S_HTC_WWE_2.50.405.2_Radio_12.54.60.25_26.09.04.11_M2_release_199042_signed

( Got a french HTC DESIRE HD )

I'd like to flash a new recovery to make everything ok again. But i'm stuck, there is no ruu working, and i can't unlock bootloader, nor reinstall a recovery

everytime i try to flash something into any directory, i got this signature failed error.

Code:
c:\Fastboot>fastboot flash /sdcard PD98IMG.zip
 sending '/sdcard' (261908 KB)... OKAY [ 43.281s]
             writing '/sdcard'... INFOsignature checking...
FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)
finished. total time: 76.264s
Can someone help me ?

bondocel

Mar 9, 2010
Bacau
I might be wrong but I think you might need another ruu and a new goldcard

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Bruwno

Mar 3, 2014
I might be wrong but I think you might need another ruu and a new goldcard

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I tried different RUU versions, all above the actual one or at least the same version.
The thing is that i can't actually put it back on its original configuration. CID is normal though, i can't find the original recovery, i'd like to flash it, i think it's the only thing that remains modified on the phone.

bondocel

Mar 9, 2010
Bacau
I had the exact same problem as you have when i bought the phone. AAHK was working back then and even with aahk the phone could not be fixed and the with the help of the devs on irc chat i managed to fix it
They told me that my phone was previously rooted and s-off but a strange RUU was flashed so they told me to flash cwm through fasboot and flash a custom rom.
Wich i did and it worked.

P.S. you might wanna try another sd card, this one might be fried ( faulty mem blocks)

Reactions: Bruwno

Bruwno

Mar 3, 2014
I had the exact same problem as you have when i bought the phone. AAHK was working back then and even with aahk the phone could not be fixed and the with the help of the devs on irc chat i managed to fix it
They told me that my phone was previously rooted and s-off but a strange RUU was flashed so they told me to flash cwm through fasboot and flash a custom rom.

P.S. you might wanna try another sd card, this one might be fried ( faulty mem blocks)

Thanks for your answer, your previous problem exactly matches with mine. I'll try what you've said, the thing is that i'm actually not rooted, and S-ON, i can't use htcdev/unlockbootloader, because de version of my bootloader is too old ( i haven't used the phone for a while ) -

In fact :

- To solve my problem, like u said i have to flash CWM and a custom rom
- To flash a recovery, i need to unlock bootloader
- To unlock bootloader, i need to upgrade my bootloader
- To flash a ruu and upgrade my bootloader i need to have an original recovery
- Got a recovery problem i need another one, so let's flash CWM ( repeat everything )

Gussta

Feb 11, 2014
Zagreb
Thanks for your answer, your previous problem exactly matches with mine. I'll try what you've said, the thing is that i'm actually not rooted, and S-ON, i can't use htcdev/unlockbootloader, because de version of my bootloader is too old ( i haven't used the phone for a while ) -

In fact :

- To solve my problem, like u said i have to flash CWM and a custom rom
- To flash a recovery, i need to unlock bootloader
- To unlock bootloader, i need to upgrade my bootloader
- To flash a ruu and upgrade my bootloader i need to have an original recovery
- Got a recovery problem i need another one, so let's flash CWM ( repeat everything )

http://shipped-roms.com/index.php?category=android&model=Ace

1) conect phone to pc, run instalation ruu
2) during instalation process find in win/temp folder file named rom.zip
3) copy this file into folder with adb and fastboot files
4) cancel instalation
5) in phone run bootloader than fastboot
6) run command prompt in folder with adb, fastboot and rom files, than type "fastboot oem rebootRUU"
7) wait a few minute until phone goes in ruu install mode
8) than from command prompt type "fastboot flash zip room.zip", if you get error repeat once again without exiting ruu install mode (some times is needed to do it twice)
9) when install finish type "fastboot reboot" and now phone should be repaired :)

You can do factory reset before and after.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.