[Q] Phone stuck rebooting a custom ROM

Search This thread

Buttpirate

Apr 16, 2014
I have recently updated my HTC one X to the latest CyanogenMod, after I flashed the rom the phone keeps rebooting endlessly

I have been looking for the past few days for a fix, this is my last resort, I've tried the following:

Attempt 1:Install an original ROM
Problem: doesn't go past htc logo, I tried erasing the cache before, as this was a common fix for it, I get "error:remote not allowed" (this happens when I try to erase any file recovery, boot ect.) so I tried a different path...

Attempt 2:use an RUU
Problem: not able to source an RUU that is newer (3.14.980.27) and attempting s-off, from what i could fine, required a working ROM

Attempt 3: load another nandroid backup onto the SD partition, one that is new.
Problem: Using CWM my computer won't detect the SD when mounted nor will adb detect the device whilst in recovery, I then tried TWRP, this resulted in "E: unable to open lunfile: (no such file or directory)" so that was out...

Attempt 4: push the nandroid file to the device using adb and then use CWM or TWRP to install the nandroid backup
Problem: only the file would be transferred and none of the juicy usable bits that I needed.

As you can see I'm a fair bit of a NOOB, and out of ideas so if you think I have done something wrong or have gotten close with one of these steps and just need to do it a bit differently please tell me and I can go into more detail on how I cocked up. I have tried these steps on 2 other computers with a huge range of usb cords as well.

If anyone can help, I would be a very happy person

Bobbi lim

Dec 22, 2012
Singapore
Full wipe and flash again. Don't forget the boot.IMG which is the kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Reactions: elsworth1983

Top Liked Posts