Wifi problem

Search This thread

pcshano

Dec 29, 2012
okay so I understand that wifi is the kernel problem
and a lot of people are having problem with the wifi after FNE4 update
but so far I've looked around and couldn't find any fix, or one that does not guarantee on an AOSP rom so please help =)

this is what i did
I was on MJB and flashed this 4.4.2 from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2788357
however, it did not update my bootloader to NE4, it stayed MJB, and I noticed Wifi wouldn't turn on on stock rom, so I flashed KT Kernel, but it did not fix the wifi problem.
So i thought it was just the stock rom problem, then i flashed PA 4.4.2 rom, which fixed half of the problem... can turn wifi on and off and there are wifi networks, but can't connect (though some time i got lucky and wifi connect, which is rarely)
so any way to fix?

Last edited:

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Can you verify your current firmware build? Install terminal emulator and enter this:

getprop ro.bootloader

This will tell you your current base firmware/bootloader version.
Have you considered updating to the full NE4 firmware?

pcshano

Dec 29, 2012
Can you verify your current firmware build? Install terminal emulator and enter this:

getprop ro.bootloader

This will tell you your current base firmware/bootloader version.
Have you considered updating to the full NE4 firmware?

the current bootloader is FNE4, i just updated it yesterday and no hope either
currently on dpk kernel, Rom is AOSPA 7/9

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Really not sure what could be the problem. Maybe this thread will help:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2808654

Its for updating firmware via recovery, but maybe by refreshing it this way could help. Im thinking maybe something got messed up when you originally updated, and if so rewriting known good firmware could help.
Ask in thst thread before flashing though. I haven't looked at the file myself so im not sure if theres something I dont know about since they say to only flash if you're on MJB. If its a simple firmware flash it should be fine though. But like I said, ask first, just to be safe.

pcshano

Dec 29, 2012
Really not sure what could be the problem. Maybe this thread will help:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2808654

Its for updating firmware via recovery, but maybe by refreshing it this way could help. Im thinking maybe something got messed up when you originally updated, and if so rewriting known good firmware could help.
Ask in thst thread before flashing though. I haven't looked at the file myself so im not sure if theres something I dont know about since they say to only flash if you're on MJB. If its a simple firmware flash it should be fine though. But like I said, ask first, just to be safe.

I already flashed that yesterday, and other than the bootloader/modem changed from MJB to NE4, nothing else changed
and of course still can't connect to any wifi network
i guess i'll pull the last trick.. back to stock and see
since the last time i flashed, even though the rom is tw4.4.2, but the bootloader remained MJB, so this time i'll go back to stock with NE4 and see how it'll go

Last edited:

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
So you just flashed the stock rom, right? Thats still really odd. If you feel like continuing you could try flashing a different rom and whatever kernel is supposed to work for WiFi. Sometimes starting over at the beginning is all it takes...

pcshano

Dec 29, 2012
So you just flashed the stock rom, right? Thats still really odd. If you feel like continuing you could try flashing a different rom and whatever kernel is supposed to work for WiFi. Sometimes starting over at the beginning is all it takes...

indeed it's really odd.. now i'm back on aosp and for some reason, wifi works but sometimes it wouldn't at all.. so im thinking it's the wifi chip or the driver that is damaged..