[Q] How do you amplify headphones without flashing

Search This thread

Ian72

Jan 23, 2011
Hey guys, Im semi new to android phones and hacking them. Ive been looking for a way to amplify the volume (aux out or headphones) of my galaxy s. I drive alot and so plug it into my cars headset. Ive been looking at other methods of how to do this but most require flashing voodoo and voodoo sound or something. Not knowing how/ wanting to flash my galaxy yet, is there anyway to do this without?
Your help would be appreciated.
Of cause if the only way is to flash i will look into it.

Sam v boy

Dec 29, 2010
Download "louder volume hack app "off of applanet . Go to widgets . Add it and click on the red one . It its really loud .

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

st4rk

Aug 19, 2007
London
Download "louder volume hack app "off of applanet . Go to widgets . Add it and click on the red one . It its really loud .

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

But you loose quality, it is software enhanced sound which means it distorts sooner. With voodoo its different, its taking advantage of the inbuilt hardware.. The wm8994 amp inside the phone is very powerful and capable of driving high end headphones that normally require an external amp, for some reason samsung gimped it when the released the phone.. But voodoo fixes that and gives you a much better music experience. Louder but without loss of quality.. It also has improvements for the mic as well.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

sxi200

Oct 18, 2010
Melbourne
I agree with St4ark. Flash either voodoo or speedmod kernal and download voodoo control app from the market. The difference is amazing.

sonci

Oct 9, 2010
I havent tried voodo sound, but generally speaking, If its louder it can't be better quality.
HP volume is too much on the galaxy for my hearing, I just wish it could have more volume steps like 20 or 30 instead of 15.
In the night even on the 1 volume is too much.

lgkahn

Mar 26, 2010
londonderry
Audio boost app on mkt. Boosts the same way voodoo does by upping internal amp setting. Don't need to flash but do need to be rooted.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Ian72

Jan 23, 2011
Hey guys thanks for all the help. ill try out audio boost first. I have rooted, and used oclf (one click lag fix) on my phone. Im not sure if i want to put voodoo on it. Does voodoo fix the messege lag?

lgkahn

Mar 26, 2010
londonderry
the new voodo has mic settings which audioboost doesnt so you can "finally" record at a concert with decent sound.
also if you dont want to muck with your lag stuff (vodoo kerenel) take a look at hardcord kernel.. many more options than voodoo.. i am
using it and it has back light notification support, lagfix (off by default) and voodoo latest sound support among other stuff.

st4rk

Aug 19, 2007
London
Hey guys thanks for all the help. ill try out audio boost first. I have rooted, and used oclf (one click lag fix) on my phone. Im not sure if i want to put voodoo on it. Does voodoo fix the messege lag?

Yup it changes file system to ext4 which is faster than rfs, so lag is reduced.

Also flashing it with odin is pretty easy, but be sure to read up on it before doing it because if you check the wrong box you can have problems..

Be sure you have 3 buttons mode working before you do any sort of customising though.

Reactions: Ian72

Ian72

Jan 23, 2011
Thanks for the info st4rk. I appreciate it.If i were to flash though, id use the reboot method, cause i dont have a windows computer in my house. (Only linux and freebsd). Which means id have to install the 3 button restart. Just a question though, do i have to uninstall my lag fixes before flashing? and does voodoo use the 512 meg of ram? What quadrant standard score should i expect? im running at like 1500 atm. thanks for the help

mizius

Jan 24, 2011
Try 3rd party MP3 player called PowerAMP. It has an Equalizer with one of the preset modes called: Phone Speaker (Loud). It makes the audio out really loud without any system modifications :). Just found out about it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yup it changes file system to ext4 which is faster than rfs, so lag is reduced.

Also flashing it with odin is pretty easy, but be sure to read up on it before doing it because if you check the wrong box you can have problems..

Be sure you have 3 buttons mode working before you do any sort of customising though.