Galaxy Tab GPS Not Working

Search This thread

michael7795

Aug 31, 2009
I just got the T-Mobile Galaxy tab, and for some reason the GPS is not working at all... It shows the gps sign on the notification bar, but in maps, gps test, and gps status, there is no GPS data!

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you so much in advance,
Michael

msgfromside3

Nov 23, 2010
i noticed that GPS perf is average indoor, if not below average. it is comparable to HTC Touch Pro, which is quite disappointing.

If you are trying from indoor, try to take it outside. many apps are saying that GPS works better when used with clear sky and i think it performs much better outside.

ertgrl66

Apr 19, 2011
GPS is not working

I have samsung galaxy tab (sprint), live in Turkey. But GPS is not working both indoor and outdoor. Always searching.
I dont know, ı have to change ROm or not.
Regards.

marjibis

Jan 2, 2008
I have samsung galaxy tab (sprint), live in Turkey. But GPS is not working both indoor and outdoor. Always searching.
I dont know, ı have to change ROm or not.
Regards.
I would make sure that I'm not using a case that has a magnet or any kind of metal on it. They interfere with radios and especially the GPS.

A couple of months ago I started using a Zenus case which has magnetic buttons. Almost immediately my GPS stopped working. It took me a very long time to figure out the real culprit. I tried rooting, changing some gps related files etc. None worked until one day when after accidentally leaving the cover at home I switched on the GPS - it started working.

ryn888

Mar 29, 2011
Manila, PH
Dude, you should update the maps in your galaxy tab. I updated already my maps and gps is runing smooth.

Sent via Galaxy Tab

EvertVd

May 27, 2011
I bought a tab last week in Germany. The gps work fine in Germany, Holland and Belgium. But right now I am in Turkey and here it just keeps "searching" but never gets a location.
I wonder why and what, but I suspect location has something to do with it.

acap97

Sep 7, 2011
Galaxy tab Sprint gps not working!!!

hello i have a samsung galaxy tab (sprint) i live in malaysia,but when i on the gps it detect my location at hawaii plizz help me!!!

iqbal350z

Mar 10, 2014
GPS not working

Hi
You definitely need to be outdoor for GPS receiver to obtain signal.
If indoors, you'll get signal if you have tile roof, not steel or concrete.
With a-gps, it might look like you are getting signal but actually, your device is using data to obtain location from cellular towers.

For best and quickest reception, enable your device's location and a-gps. Note, a-gps does not use lot of data, very little.