[Q] Missing - lock screen shortcuts, ability to change bottom row of apps

Search This thread

Moska87

Oct 3, 2013
Hey everybody,

Long long time reader, first time poster.

I've just bought a Galaxy Note 3, because I was so happy with the Note 2 I just had to have the new one.

To my surprise, there's a couple of fundamental features missing from my ****ty AU version (my Note 2 was an International Version).

There doesn't seem to be an option to enable lockscreen shortcuts, I've seen videos online of people enabling these on their respective Note 3's, but the AU version just doesn't seem to have it.
The other thing that is really grinding my gears is that the bottom row of apps on the homescreen is locked. Ie. they can not be moved or changed (Phone, Contacts, Messages, Internet, Apps), why in gods name would Samsung ever lock something like that?
There is one last thing, but I can't be sure if this is an isolated AU version issue or one that is across the board, but when I plug in my headphones, it doesn't take me to that wonderful Music specific screen like the Note 2 did. Is this something that has just been omitted from this phone or is it entirely an AU specific thing?

My question then becomes, is there anything I can do about this?
I've noticed a JB 4.3 Firmware kicking about and I would gladly void my warranty to get back these features. But I don't want to void my warranty and still not have these features, if you know what I mean.

I'd really appreciate any advice on this, as I said, I've been a long time reader of this forum, any time I've googled anything about my phone, this is the place I end up, so I know you're a knowledgeable bunch, help me out :)

Thanks in advance, I'll be watching this space.

jetbruceli

May 8, 2011
Bamberg, Germany
Mine doesn't even have the lock screen apps but I have a favorite apps widget on the lock screen.
Plus I don't have the flare in lock screen like I saw in a video review.
I have the Germany Snapdragon version

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

uccoffee.forum

May 21, 2012
I have the same issue. Has anyone found a solution yet?

I hate the locked dock as well .... also, the Australian version of touchwiz does not work in landscape mode. eg: if you use Ultimate Rotation Control to force the home screen to rotate, the touchwiz icons wont align properly in landscape.

I have complained on their Samsung Australia facebook, but none of the rep has replied.
https://www.facebook.com/SamsungAustralia/posts/10151943776798523

I think it is the decision of the samsung Australia to lock the dock and not allow us to change it.

maybe we need to form a petition on change.org

krooksrocks

Sep 26, 2013
Pune
I hate the locked dock as well .... also, the Australian version of touchwiz does not work in landscape mode. eg: if you use Ultimate Rotation Control to force the home screen to rotate, the touchwiz icons wont align properly in landscape.

I have complained on their Samsung Australia facebook, but none of the rep has replied.

I think it is the decision of the samsung Australia to lock the dock and not allow us to change it.

Remove the lock screen lock (pattern, password, pin) option

enter lock mode as swipe to unlock and then you can enable the shortcuts.. on lock screen

"Say Thanks if you find this useful ;)

Reactions: dibsrepair

krooksrocks

Sep 26, 2013
Pune
Two screen shots

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380957346190.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380957346190.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,046
  • uploadfromtaptalk1380957367270.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380957367270.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 861

not-i

Feb 19, 2012
Sunshine Coast, Australia
If you don't care about voiding your warranty then it's easy fixed. It just involves deleting a couple of lines in others.xml which you can do with root explorer or a similar root file manager. I have and more all good

Oct 5, 2013
Hi all. I am from Romania, Europe, and bought on 25th september a Note 3 from Korea. Is a N900K model, unlocked, so is working with my SIM from Vodafone RO. I had a Note 2 before and I was very happy with it. But now... I don't know... There are some problems and one is the lock screen shortcuts that I can't change. There is a "slide to right" menu were you can put the shortcuts, but not directly on the lock screen. Why?

Kyaw Min

Dec 24, 2013
Yangon, Myanmar
Galaxy Note 3 missing shortcut icons

Last week, I bought Samsung Galaxy Note 3. All features and configurations are very nice. But one thing is that I saw in Youtube video clips, for the other person's Note 3 have the shortcuts like S Voice, Action note and Touchwiz home but not for my one. Though I tried to create these icons, I can't do it. I know these apps are in there. It takes more than 4 days for me. No success. Can you help me. I can't find the clues anywhere.

Ahmads001

Dec 6, 2008
Lagos
If you don't care about voiding your warranty then it's easy fixed. It just involves deleting a couple of lines in others.xml which you can do with root explorer or a similar root file manager. I have and more all good

Thanks for this 'teaser', but you didn't say which 'one-or-two-files' these are..?
I just flashed the latest UK update for my N9005, and now have the same problem.
Kindly assist.

bonehenge

Sep 14, 2011
The files & edits.

Thanks for this 'teaser', but you didn't say which 'one-or-two-files' these are..?
I just flashed the latest UK update for my N9005, and now have the same problem.
Kindly assist.

in /system/csc the two files I checked were feature.xml & others.xml.

I think others.xml may not be important, I edited the option in there and still had no access to the Hotseat. Buit feature.xml worked.

The setting to change is

<CscFeature_Launcher_ReplaceHotseatAreaInEditMode>true</CscFeature_Launcher_ReplaceHotseatAreaInEditMode>

set it to false.

reboot, and you now can edit the hotseat / bottom row. thank christ for that.

So while teaserguy was only half helpful, a little bit of tinkering did help.

also, just incase anyone is unaware, yes.. you need to root your device to access these files.

:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Remove the lock screen lock (pattern, password, pin) option

enter lock mode as swipe to unlock and then you can enable the shortcuts.. on lock screen

"Say Thanks if you find this useful ;)