Battery drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

djtheraven

Jun 1, 2008
For those of you who install a ROM should know that when a ROM is new it has a settled down period and you have to wait a couple days to a week for good battery life again... That's why every time a new update comes out the first thing everybody says is oh this update is so bad the battery drain is so bad.... Like clockwork every update everybody complains about the battery please wait a week before you start complaining about the battery... And especially if you are on a custom ROM and you switch to the factory ROM then you're going to notice a difference in battery life anyway...

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bigdreco

Mar 4, 2010
Puyallup
For those of you who install a ROM should know that when a ROM is new it has a settled down period and you have to wait a couple days to a week for good battery life again... That's why every time a new update comes out the first thing everybody says is oh this update is so bad the battery drain is so bad.... Like clockwork every update everybody complains about the battery please wait a week before you start complaining about the battery... And especially if you are on a custom ROM and you switch to the factory ROM then you're going to notice a difference in battery life anyway...

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I have always heard this..
you have to wait a few days to get good battery life..
but why??
what is the phone doing that is draining the battery, that it wont be doing after a few days.
I would think the battery would get worst, the longer you had a rom.. because as time goes on.. you would be adding more apps that would eat up your battery more..

but why do the battery sucks at the beginning??

Frank Westlake

Nov 13, 2013
I think it is because when programs are run for the first time the system creates and caches optimized code. This extra work for each program causes more drain.

Frank

but why??
what is the phone doing that is draining the battery, that it wont be doing after a few days.
I would think the battery would get worst, the longer you had a rom.. because as time goes on.. you would be adding more apps that would eat up your battery more..

Simply put, it's indexing, caching, aligning, etc. it takes a while to do all that.

Sent from my leanKernel 2.5.1 powered stock 4.4.2 (NE6) SM-N900T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    but why??

Simply put, it's indexing, caching, aligning, etc. it takes a while to do all that.

Sent from my leanKernel 2.5.1 powered stock 4.4.2 (NE6) SM-N900T