Smart Notive widget broken?

Search This thread

pandacookie

Sep 5, 2011
Quincy
So anyway, I was using Aviate launcher for a time. Then the latest MIUI Express launcher, then back to Aviate. Then I decided to go back to the native launcher. When I did, the Smart Notice widget appeared as pictured. Removing and putting the widget back does nothing. How do I fix it? Or can I fix it? Is this a known issue?

If this info helps, my ROM is the latest SkyDragon. I doubt a launcher switch (well, two) can do this, but I could be wrong...
8u6y5a8u.jpg

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

wideasleep1

Jun 2, 2006
So anyway, I was using Aviate launcher for a time. Then the latest MIUI Express launcher, then back to Aviate. Then I decided to go back to the native launcher. When I did, the Smart Notice widget appeared as pictured. Removing and putting the widget back does nothing. How do I fix it? Or can I fix it? Is this a known issue?

If this info helps, my ROM is the latest SkyDragon. I doubt a launcher switch (well, two) can do this, but I could be wrong...
8u6y5a8u.jpg

Did you try clear cache and force stop in the app?

Sent from my amazing LGG3!

CAP3r5

Jul 19, 2012
I can't tell but did you change the LCD screen density in the build.prop file because if so, I have noticed it messes up some (mostly only LG's) widgets.

pandacookie

Sep 5, 2011
Quincy
I can't tell but did you change the LCD screen density in the build.prop file because if so, I have noticed it messes up some (mostly only LG's) widgets.

Hmm...never got a notification on this reply. Sorry. But no, the DPI was unchanged.

Actually, I came back to this post to let you all know that I solved the problem by dirty flashing SkyDragon. That fixed it. My theory is that MIUI Express somehow screwed it up. Two reasons for that theory: 1) I used Aviate before with no issues (as a launcher shouldn't affect that sort of thing, anyway). And 2) Miui Express is not only a launcher, it also affects the dialer and other things, which may have caused a glitch with system files (being that ME is pretty all encompassing). I have yet to test this by reinstalling it. It's a small inconvenience to dirty flash again and then flash MoAB again on top of it. But that's my theory right now. It's kind of a long shot, I gotta admit. :)

Anyway, thanks everyone, for trying.

arisgrc1

Dec 31, 2012
Hmm...never got a notification on this reply. Sorry. But no, the DPI was unchanged.

Actually, I come back to this post to let you all know that I solved the problem by dirty flashing SkyDragon. That fixed it. My theory is that MIUI Express somehow screwed it up. Two reasons for that theory: 1) I used Aviate before with no issues (as a launcher shouldn't affect that sort of thing, anyway). And 2) Miui Express is not only a launcher, it also affects the dialer and other things, which may have caused a glitch with system files (being that ME is pretty all encompassing). I have yet to test this by reinstalling it. It's a small inconvenience to dirty flash again and then flash MoAB again on top of it. But that's my theory right now. It's kind of a long shot, I gotta admit. :)

Anyway, thanks everyone, for trying.

I have came across the same issue but this time on stock rom...rooted ofc, it happened after i changed a font through Hifont..decided to go back to stock fonts and its all messed up now tried clearing cache,uninstalled and installed from backup without any luck,only thing that fixes it is to re-apply that ugly ass font that did the damage in the first place.Please any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: