this is just a preview release and is my 1st time developing for android :p

2886wqd.png

29c2qzb.png

6hi1lf.png

eai0ly.png

Rom Info
S-Pen is working like it should be
So far so good no reboot issues
De-Bloated(Generally Removed the apps that I dont use)
10% Themed(it will be fully themed on the final release)
Removed TouchWiz Launcher(Replaced With Go Launcher HD)
Deodexed, Zipaligned, Rooted & Busybox'ed

Tweaks Will be added on the final release too.

Everything Works Except for the IR hopefully i get this to work soon.

Download Here

Installation:
Boot in CWM Recovery
Create a backup of your current rom(Optional)
Flash the rom
Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
Wipe Data/Factory Reset
Reboot

Mini Updates
Flash using Recovery
TouchWiz (Thanks to nickwarn for providing the SecLauncher2 from Hani`s JB LI1 Rom)
SNote Add Page Fix (Again Thanks to nickwarn)
init.d Enabler (This will enable init.d support on JellyNote)
N8000DXLG4 Baseband (For People who is getting unknown Baseband Version in Settings > About Device)

Todo:
Finalize dark theme
Add Theming Engine
Fix IR
Pack remove apps to a flashable zip incase someone wants to use it

Note
After Flashing Please Check your APN settings if your data connection is not working.
How to use S-Pen Gestures: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6vZxPazG10

if you seen any bugs please feel free to PM or post to this thread.

Last edited:

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
Welcome, looking forward to see how this turns out. Dont see why you would remove Touchwiz launcher but thats easy to put back. So this is based on LI2 JB OTA, i guess, and thats a wise choice. Its much more complete than the LI1 OTA.
Suggestion for theme: if you could theme the settings.apk background black, i hate the white background. Its been done on the ICS Samsung roms for GT-P7500 and i guess its pretty much the same with the firmwares for the Note 10.1. Heres a link to the rom in question: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1813651
it also has the contacts background themed in black and some more apks. Think this would be absolute tiptop and it would probably be highly appreciated by the users.
Waiting for release

darkthug420

Sep 27, 2012
Manama
Welcome, looking forward to see how this turns out. Dont see why you would remove Touchwiz launcher but thats easy to put back. So this is based on LI2 JB OTA, i guess, and thats a wise choice. Its much more complete than the LI1 OTA.
Suggestion for theme: if you could theme the settings.apk background black, i hate the white background. Its been done on the ICS Samsung roms for GT-P7500 and i guess its pretty much the same with the firmwares for the Note 10.1. Heres a link to the rom in question: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1813651
it also has the contacts background themed in black and some more apks. Think this would be absolute tiptop and it would probably be highly appreciated by the users.
Waiting for release

ill try my best to theme every aspect of the rom to black or some other dark color but for now after the upload i need feed back on the performance and if there is any bug since im using this rom like my everyday use so far i haven't seen any bugs based on how i use my note anyway its uploading is 20% now and ill be looking forward on feed backs.

oh yea i removed the touchwiz since thats the only app that is causing the graphic flickering and ill put it back after i fix that issue.

BTW i took note of the rom you showed me ill try to base the theme from that rom :good:

Last edited:

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
ill try my best to theme every aspect of the rom to black or some other dark color but for now after the upload i need feed back on the performance and if there is any bug since im using this rom like my everyday use so far i haven't seen any bugs based on how i use my note anyway its uploading is 20% now and ill be looking forward on feed backs.

oh yea i removed the touchwiz since thats the only app that is causing the graphic flickering and ill put it back after i fix that issue.

BTW i took note of the rom you showed me ill try to base the theme from that rom :good:

Let me know if you need help with testing. Regarding screen flickering, i read that some are effected by it. Im not! No icons disappering for short time or screnn blinking. Good luck with developing and let us know if you need help.

Bene2k11

Aug 25, 2011
I'll download and flash it asap mate, I don't like custom launchers though, which have been made for profit.

lsherif

Apr 11, 2008
Cairo
Thanks for all efforts done to come out for us with a new JB rom, downloading now.:)
Just one inquiry, does it have the multiscreen feature :confused:

Bene2k11

Aug 25, 2011
Just flashed it and everything is working fine, good job.

init.d support would be nice, just a suggestion

darkthug420

Sep 27, 2012
Manama
Hi,

Thanksfor your work. Is it also usablefor the 8010?
Greetings:good:

sorry i dont have a 8010 so i cant try it, but some say rom for 8000 works for 8010 too.

Thanks for all efforts done to come out for us with a new JB rom, downloading now.:)
Just one inquiry, does it have the multiscreen feature :confused:

if you mean by multi-task like splitting the screen for like 4 or more apps yes.

Just flashed it and everything is working fine, good job.

init.d support would be nice, just a suggestion

yes i will be adding init.d support soon but right now im doing the theme part :D

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
sorry i dont have a 8010 so i cant try it, but some say rom for 8000 works for 8010 too.

if you mean by multi-task like splitting the screen for like 4 or more apps yes.

yes i will be adding init.d support soon but right now im doing the theme part :D
have you downloaded the rom for GT-P7500 with black theme? I still have it on my PC since 7500 days. I could upload settings, contacts, mail and framework for you and you could have look at it.

Downloading rom now and will give feedback when installed and tested some.

drtvadr

Mar 17, 2011
Norfolk, VA
jellynote

flashed this on my 8013. all works good except wifi. really nice rom, thanks for the hard work.. is there a wifi radio to load or anyway to get the wifi to work on the 8013. thanks.

update: reset the wireless router and now it is connecting and seems to be working fine. thanks again for the rom.

BTW, i have no flickering problem either.

Last edited:
Reactions: darkthug420

darkthug420

Sep 27, 2012
Manama
have you downloaded the rom for GT-P7500 with black theme? I still have it on my PC since 7500 days. I could upload settings, contacts, mail and framework for you and you could have look at it.

Downloading rom now and will give feedback when installed and tested some.

yea i have the rom from the link you sent me im looking at it right now thanks for the like u shared
now at least i have something to base on the theme :good:

Reactions: nickwarn

Bene2k11

Aug 25, 2011
Could someone provide me with a download link of the firmware's stock Touchwiz launcher please? Haven't got access to a computer right now.

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
Could someone provide me with a download link of the firmware's stock Touchwiz launcher please? Haven't got access to a computer right now.
I added the launcher from Hani`s JB LI1 rom to the rom zip before flashing and i have no flickering what so ever. Will upload it to my public dropbox folder for everyone to download. The rom behaves nicely and i havent found any issues so far. Nice work OP
SecLauncher2.apk LI1 JB deodexed: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8026412/SecLauncher2.apk

Reactions: dxdude35

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    JellyNote 1.0Beta is Based on Jellybean 4.1.1

this is just a preview release and is my 1st time developing for android :p

2886wqd.png

29c2qzb.png

6hi1lf.png

eai0ly.png

Rom Info
    S-Pen is working like it should be
    So far so good no reboot issues
    De-Bloated(Generally Removed the apps that I dont use)
    10% Themed(it will be fully themed on the final release)
    Removed TouchWiz Launcher(Replaced With Go Launcher HD)
    Deodexed, Zipaligned, Rooted & Busybox'ed

Tweaks Will be added on the final release too.

Everything Works Except for the IR hopefully i get this to work soon.

Download Here

Installation:
    Boot in CWM Recovery
    Create a backup of your current rom(Optional)
    Flash the rom
    Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
    Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    Reboot

Mini Updates
    Flash using Recovery
    TouchWiz (Thanks to nickwarn for providing the SecLauncher2 from Hani`s JB LI1 Rom)
    SNote Add Page Fix (Again Thanks to nickwarn)
    init.d Enabler (This will enable init.d support on JellyNote)
    N8000DXLG4 Baseband (For People who is getting unknown Baseband Version in Settings > About Device)

Todo:
    Finalize dark theme
    Add Theming Engine
    Fix IR
    Pack remove apps to a flashable zip incase someone wants to use it

Note
    After Flashing Please Check your APN settings if your data connection is not working.
    How to use S-Pen Gestures: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6vZxPazG10

if you seen any bugs please feel free to PM or post to this thread.
    like a week or so ill be releasing the new version

QUOTE=lsherif;34572482]@darkthug,

Can we expect a new build soon ?[/QUOTE]
    good news guys ill be getting my note back on tuesday and so i can continue the development thank you all for supporting my rom and waitting for dev. :thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
    hey bro nice to know everything is working fine for you, sure ill debloat the rom some more.

theming jellybean is killing me :eek: so i need to spend more time on it cause i know it will be worth the effort im just wondering why jellybean
    doesn't take the color/theme part from the framework-res.... but i have some progress some of the backgrounds are now black but im still not
    satisfied with it needs more work in short :highfive:

Im still running this and im very pleased. I have zero issues and i used it since release. Wifi, 3G, Exchange,GPS( locks with in seconds ), Camera, Gallery and so on, they all work flawless. But i seem to have higher battery consumtion then on stock LI2. Sure it gets me thru the day so no panic. Dont really know how much screen time i normally have but i use my Note for about the same things every day ( taking notes, browsing, twitter, facebook etc.). And last night was the first time in my Notes life i was close to run out of battery (10% left), i usually have over 50-60% left. But as i say it gets me thru the day and thats enough for me.

Was thinking for next release if you could clean up some more in system folder, the fota client.apk and FWupgrade.apk for example are not making any sense as we can not upgrade OTA anyways with clockwork recovery installed.

Question: The black background for settings,contacts, email have you had time to look at it? Do you think it would work on our note?
    Thank you for your work, stay cool!
    Hi. Id like to flash your rom. But id like to know if it has Portuguese language. Thanks in advance.

This rom includes Portuguese :good: