[APP][4.0+] HaloShortcuts v1.0 - Create direct shortcuts to apps in floating mode

Search This thread

zst123

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 20, 2013
Singapore
HaloShortcuts

Coincidently, there's another HaloShortcuts by @MainstreamStereotype that is similar to this one. :silly:
His has an additional feature and that is the ability to choose Activities within an App.
Please check his out also :good:

What?
A shortcut selector to add a shortcut in floating mode on homescreen or for apps that uses shortcut selector.
It adds a shortcut with the intent flag 0x00002000.

For?
For ROMs that make use of the intent flag 0x00002000.
Examples include Paranoid Android ROMs with Halo.

(This might work with OmniROM's MultiWindow but I need someone to confirm before I write it down. )

Downloads?
In Attachments. (Dates are in DDMMYY)

Backup Downloads from Google Drive

Attachments

• HaloShortcuts_v1_021213.apk
    21.1 KB · Views: 4,018
Last edited:

zst123

Aug 20, 2013
Singapore
Open-source!
This module is open-source! Sources are found on my GitHub.
If you would like to help in the development, you may leave bug reports and development tips in this thread or (better still) fork and send pull requests

Screenshots?

Attachments

• device-2013-12-02-133705.png
    device-2013-12-02-133705.png
    44 KB · Views: 2,806
Last edited:

089man

Sep 25, 2012
Works great on s2 with kitkat rom pound....

I9100 Tapatalk 4, Rom1 Pound Rom 4.4 Kitkat

zst123

Aug 20, 2013
Singapore
When using your app it causes a launcher redraw when opening an app hope this can be fixed it's a useful app thanks

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
This app only makes shortcuts with the halo flag. It doesn't affect the launcher. It has probably been redrawing ALL the time but you only notice it now since it is floating and not fullscreen.

themadproducer

Aug 28, 2009
I never get redraws this app actually crashes my launcher so it has to restart and I only get this issue with this app

Is it the actual running of the app itself, or the launch of a halo shortcut created by this app... that is causing the redraw? What Launcher do you have and rom?

smeejaytee

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 29, 2013
kent
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
It happens when I launch an app from the shortcut I create with this app I use the sense 5 launcher on a HTC one x thanks for replying it's viper x Rom 4.0.6

themadproducer

Aug 28, 2009
It happens when I launch an app from the shortcut I create with this app I use the sense 5 launcher on a HTC one x thanks for replying it's viper x Rom 4.0.6

@smeejaytee
First thing I would try is downloading an alternative free launcher eg Go Launcher. Install, and do a quick test to see if a new Halo shortcut causes the same issue. Should take 5 minutes. Then if you still have the issue, then it's probably rom related. BTW, do you have any other rom features enabled that might be interfering? (eg Multi Window or something like that)

smeejaytee

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 29, 2013
kent
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
No nothing that would interfere although the room is heavily modded but floatifications works fine and open halo from notification also works I do get an occasional fc though had that problem since version 2.0 of xhalo appsi also works ok I don't really want a different launcher because of BlinkFeed but for trying purposes Ill try thanks for replying

kenkiller

Nov 21, 2009
Is it possible to update this app to create shortcuts that point to "Shortcuts" in Android as well instead of just app shortcuts?

You know, the screen when u long press on the launcher and you get this page to create direct shortcuts to contacts, bookmarks, gmail labels etc.

Because it would be handy to create shortcuts that link to specific functions inside apps instead of having to launch the apps in windows mode and then navigating to the required functions i.e. shortcut to a specific whatsapp contact, specific settings screen.

Do consider it, or if anyone has a solution do let me know, thanks!

kenkiller

Nov 21, 2009
I hope the thanks received from zst123 means this request has been added to some to do list out there? :D

edit : oh man, another thanks. Don't tease me...SAY SOMETHING! :( Or should I keep posting to accumulate thanks?

Last edited:

churrolakra

Jun 19, 2013
works great in s3 omega rom when using it as a launcher icon, or through glovebox.. BUT if you want to use LMT launcher that doesnt support system shortcuts but support tasker... launching tasker task--> autoshortcut plugin --> haloshortcut... doesnt work.. the app opens in fullscreen

zst123

Aug 20, 2013
Singapore
Hey guys,

I posted this twice on Disqus on the XDA News Commenting but somehow it didn't show (internet failure?) and I'm typing this again.
I'm really lazy to retype, so in short, I created this in Sept in my XHFW thread in this post's attachments
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=45669212&postcount=476
A few weeks ago, I improved it and posted it in this thread. However, a recently I saw this post on Google+
https://plus.google.com/117734680838440546478/posts/cbXCgnjTAwj
where Matthias Bidlingmeyer had created a similar app with similar name. That is is better than mine in the sense that it has the ability to choose individual activity for the chosen app. It coincidently was posted a few days before my thread was opened. I didnt't know it existed and of course didn't copy it. I hope this would clear things up before the "you copied me" fight starts. If I had known it existed, wouldn't you think I would also implement individual activity support? The other dev does deserve credit. This is purely just a coincidence (sadly)...

Last edited:

luisant

Feb 21, 2009
Works great on omnirom 4.4.2 for Nexus 10 (Tempest ROM omni-4.4-20131218-manta-TEMPEST ) :)

Last edited:

kenkiller

Nov 21, 2009
It's not better if it doesn't do shortcuts. :) Seriously, how many here understand what each activity in each app does?

zst123

Aug 20, 2013
Singapore
works great in s3 omega rom when using it as a launcher icon, or through glovebox.. BUT if you want to use LMT launcher that doesnt support system shortcuts but support tasker... launching tasker task--> autoshortcut plugin --> haloshortcut... doesnt work.. the app opens in fullscreen
It has to do with the way the plugin handles the created shortcut. So I can't really help you in this

how to check intent flag?
There is only one flag that is added and that is the halo flag. What flag are you trying to check? :confused:

edit : oh man, another thanks. Don't tease me...SAY SOMETHING! :( Or should I keep posting to accumulate thanks?
Haha.. Nice plan to accumulate thanks :p

It's not better if it doesn't do shortcuts. :) Seriously, how many here understand what each activity in each app does?
See the attachments for a screenshot of his app. For example you could create a shortcut to go directly to the WifiSettings instead of the main Settings page when you have to do one extra step. An Activity is the proper Android term for a "page" (not really a page but I can't think of a better word)

Attachments

• device-2013-12-19-204428.png
    device-2013-12-19-204428.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 323

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HaloShortcuts

Coincidently, there's another HaloShortcuts by @MainstreamStereotype that is similar to this one. :silly:
    His has an additional feature and that is the ability to choose Activities within an App.
    Please check his out also :good:

What?
    A shortcut selector to add a shortcut in floating mode on homescreen or for apps that uses shortcut selector.
    It adds a shortcut with the intent flag 0x00002000.

For?
    For ROMs that make use of the intent flag 0x00002000.
    Examples include Paranoid Android ROMs with Halo.

(This might work with OmniROM's MultiWindow but I need someone to confirm before I write it down. )

Downloads?
    In Attachments. (Dates are in DDMMYY)

Backup Downloads from Google Drive
    I hope the thanks received from zst123 means this request has been added to some to do list out there? :D

Hey guys,

I posted this twice on Disqus on the XDA News Commenting but somehow it didn't show (internet failure?) and I'm typing this again.
    I'm really lazy to retype, so in short, I created this in Sept in my XHFW thread in this post's attachments
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=45669212&postcount=476
    A few weeks ago, I improved it and posted it in this thread. However, a recently I saw this post on Google+
    https://plus.google.com/117734680838440546478/posts/cbXCgnjTAwj
    where Matthias Bidlingmeyer had created a similar app with similar name. That is is better than mine in the sense that it has the ability to choose individual activity for the chosen app. It coincidently was posted a few days before my thread was opened. I didnt't know it existed and of course didn't copy it. I hope this would clear things up before the "you copied me" fight starts. If I had known it existed, wouldn't you think I would also implement individual activity support? The other dev does deserve credit. This is purely just a coincidence (sadly)...
    Is it possible to update this app to create shortcuts that point to "Shortcuts" in Android as well instead of just app shortcuts?

You know, the screen when u long press on the launcher and you get this page to create direct shortcuts to contacts, bookmarks, gmail labels etc.

Because it would be handy to create shortcuts that link to specific functions inside apps instead of having to launch the apps in windows mode and then navigating to the required functions i.e. shortcut to a specific whatsapp contact, specific settings screen.

Do consider it, or if anyone has a solution do let me know, thanks!
    i tried now both apps. they are great, but there is on eproblem in both. for example when I open settings in halo mode and then press a section in settings app (for example wifi) then it opens it in fullscreen. the same happens for all other apps. I think the halo flag is not set for new activities inside of one app
    That is got to do with the halo functionality of your ROM and not this app that's causing that bug.