[Q] GT-I9000 - Lost IMEI - EFS Professional - Can't connect

Search This thread

Rhoblik

Apr 25, 2014
Hi all,

I got a GT-I9000, I flashed a ROM JVU 2.3.6 and root it, but I have a generic IMEI (0049..) : It's a problem for me ^^'

I tried o use EFS Professional software, because I see that I can repair my IMEI with it.

So, I run EFS Pro, I click to "EFS Professional", I go to "Qualcomm" page and I clik to "Qualcomm Tool". No problem here ^^
But when I want to clik to "connect" button, I have the following message popup after few seconds (1 or 2) => "Phone conecion has been lost"

I tried : *#9090#
And my option 2 has *. But I don't know if it read 'DM/DUN over HSIC'.

Questions :
1- How I could know that my option 2 read 'DM/DUN over HSIC' ?
2- Do you know where come my EFS Pro problem ? (What is the problem with my phone ?)
3- Do you know what files has been modified when I repair IMEI with EFS Pro ? Can I do it manually ? (Even if it's hexadecial...)

Thanks for your aswers !

Rhoblik.

Last edited:

Gokulbalram

Apr 22, 2013
Pune
Hi all,

I got a GT-I9000, I flashed a ROM JVU 2.3.6 and root it, but I have a generic IMEI (0049..) : It's a problem for me ^^'

I tried o use EFS Professional software, because I see that I can repair my IMEI with it.

So, I run EFS Pro, I click to "EFS Professional", I go to "Qualcomm" page and I clik to "Qualcomm Tool". No problem here ^^
But when I want to clik to "connect" button, I have the following message popup after few seconds (1 or 2) => "Phone conecion has been lost"

I tried : *#9090#
And my option 2 has *. But I don't know if it read 'DM/DUN over HSIC'.

Questions :
1- How I could know that my option 2 read 'DM/DUN over HSIC' ?
2- Do you know where come my EFS Pro problem ? (What is the problem with my phone ?)
3- Do you know what files has been modified when I repair IMEI with EFS Pro ? Can I do it manually ? (Even if it's hexadecial...)

Thanks for your aswers !

Rhoblik.

Try downloading the latest firmware from Samfirmware.com and flash it via Odin. That will definetely work

Rhoblik

Apr 25, 2014
Try downloading the latest firmware from Samfirmware.com and flash it via Odin. That will definetely work

I already have JVU 2.3.6 ^^" lastest official ROM for GT-I9000.

But I think that I can't use EFS Pro because my process is a CORTEX, not a Qualcomm...

I found the file whitch been edited by EFS Pro when it repair IMEI => /efs/nv_data.bin
But I don't found IMEI lines ^^ And I think that my file "nv_data.bin" is corrupted ^^' It do 2ko... the original file do 2Mo => just 100x less :p

So, unless someone give me his nv_data.bin, it's dead for me ^^'

I try to shearch over, without too hopeless ^^'

Thanks for your aswers !

Rhoblik

Gokulbalram

Apr 22, 2013
Pune
I already have JVU 2.3.6 ^^" lastest official ROM for GT-I9000.

But I think that I can't use EFS Pro because my process is a CORTEX, not a Qualcomm...

I found the file whitch been edited by EFS Pro when it repair IMEI => /efs/nv_data.bin
But I don't found IMEI lines ^^ And I think that my file "nv_data.bin" is corrupted ^^' It do 2ko... the original file do 2Mo => just 100x less :p

So, unless someone give me his nv_data.bin, it's dead for me ^^'

I try to shearch over, without too hopeless ^^'

Thanks for your aswers !

Rhoblik

Did you download it from Samfirmware?

Gokulbalram

Apr 22, 2013
Pune
Hi !!

No, I did download it on : galaxys-team.fr

French server ^^'

Why ?
What samfirmware 's frimware bring more than galaxys-team.fr 's frimware ?

Thanks for your answer !

I suggest you download it again from Samfirmware.com. Even I'd lost my IMEI thrice, but the firmware (From Samfirmware.com) helped me get it back!