[Q] Can't download apps (error 406) google play

Search This thread

droidusr2014

Dec 24, 2013
So recently I bought a refurbished Galaxy Tab 3 for my son. He wanted to download some apps but whenever he clicked install it said "cannot download app (error 406)" and sometimes it would download the app but not be able to install it. I tried to clear the cache of the google play store app but It wouldn't let me because it was empty. I have also tried factory resetting the tablet but that didn't work. I can't return the tablet due to a no-return policy :( all help will be appreciated

Thanks,
John

irfanjunaid

Mar 21, 2013
India
Just note the model number and Google it for its firmware reinstallation tutorials... You could even find in xda itself. Hit thanks if I helped you....

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

How do you reninstall the firmware?

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Free mobile app

Install necessary drivers, download appropriate firmware version and just flash it... Simple!

Reactions: droidusr2014

droidusr2014

Dec 24, 2013
Kinda,
Instead of installing the firmware again i installed a custom rom (SEAL ROM) I ran into LOTS of bumps on the way (rom installation errors) but it finally worked out. Everything seems to be going smoothly.

Thanks
John

irfanjunaid

Mar 21, 2013
India
Kinda,
Instead of installing the firmware again i installed a custom rom (SEAL ROM) I ran into LOTS of bumps on the way (rom installation errors) but it finally worked out. Everything seems to be going smoothly.

Thanks
John

I wouldn't do that if I were you! Samsung's stock ROM are really stable and good... Good to hear that everything is fine.... :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just note the model number and Google it for its firmware reinstallation tutorials... You could even find in xda itself. Hit thanks if I helped you....

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Install necessary drivers, download appropriate firmware version and just flash it... Simple!