MMS

Search This thread

columb

Sep 19, 2005
Exeter
www.columb.co.uk
Hi Guys!

just a quick question... How to send an MMS? And what to do to receive one?

I can't receive any MMS (I haven't been using them for ages, don't need them) but now some1 have to send me an MMS and...

It looks like I've all those settings, my simcard is activated etc- but i can't even see an option to compose one...

What I'm doing wrong then?

Cheers
Chris

faria

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Hi Guys!

just a quick question... How to send an MMS? And what to do to receive one?

I can't receive any MMS (I haven't been using them for ages, don't need them) but now some1 have to send me an MMS and...

It looks like I've all those settings, my simcard is activated etc- but i can't even see an option to compose one...

What I'm doing wrong then?

Cheers
Chris
you need to install you service provider mms settings into the device.

columb

Sep 19, 2005
Exeter
www.columb.co.uk
Hi Guys!

If you can send/receive MMSes can you please tell how to send one?
What should I have in my menus? And why I can see all those settings but can't send?

Cheers Guys!

columb

Sep 19, 2005
Exeter
www.columb.co.uk
Ok, what I've tried next:

1. checking MMS settings (yes, they are in MENU)
2. taking a picture and tried to send this picture as a MMS (didn't work twice, Exec has just hang)
3. found http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=261852&highlight=o2+settings and tried to applay those settings one more time. No joy...

Strange thing is that I don't have MMS folder but I do have MMS settings :(
Any other ideas? I really need MMSes (like never before, I'm heavy user but just calls and GPRS/WIFi- no texts (10-20/mth) or MMSes (5 in my whole life or even less)

Cheers
Chris

Edited 19/12/06
I'm so sorry for all those stupid grammatical mistakes ;) I was sooo tiered last night and really fed up with MS and their ideas how to improve our lives...

Last edited:

gibhenry

Dec 15, 2006
Birmingham
T-Mobile MMS Settings?

Originally, I wrote:
I have a similar problem with my Jasjar and T-Mobile (USA): MMS messages just sit there, and occasionally I get a notification that they couldn't be sent...? My Jasjar was purchased independently and is unlocked. Is there some T-Mobile USA file I need to upload to the device? And can I do it via my Mac and Missing Sync?
Well, I uploaded a T-Mobile settings file which I had downloaded from i-mate, et voilá! I was able to send MMSes. It also (when I choose to disconnect from the GPRS network) restored the G-in-a-square that had become dashed two-way arrows. Unfortunately, there's still something interfering with syncing with my Mac via Missing Sync for Windows Mobile.... Thanks! Cheers,

Last edited:

joannaex

Mar 9, 2006
Athens
Has either one of you tried to contact your provider and actually ask them to help you with the settings? I mean really, CALL customer service and have them either walk you through it, or get the settings and we'll help you input them if it comes to that.

columb

Sep 19, 2005
Exeter
www.columb.co.uk
Hi,

No, I havn't. The reason is that I do have:

- VGA hack (OZ)
- load of programs (which shouldn't affect anyway MMS as they are not affecting emails and texts)
- I've done full backup + restore using SPB backup tool (from older ROM to newer, as my phone went for service)

Now I going to do hard reset.
I just have to create list of installed programs, prepare them etc.

I've even installed windows :)

Anyway, it looks like something is going on with MMSes...

Cheers
Chris

joannaex

Mar 9, 2006
Athens
None of the things you mentioned can be used as an excuse for not calling your provider of the settings:
a. OzVGA has a nice little button which will allow you to boot in normal mode.
b. Nothing to do with MMS
c. That might be a problem altogether, it's generally not recommended restoring on newer ROM.

columb

Sep 19, 2005
Exeter
www.columb.co.uk
None of the things you mentioned can be used as an excuse for not calling your provider of the settings:
a. OzVGA has a nice little button which will allow you to boot in normal mode.
b. Nothing to do with MMS
c. That might be a problem altogether, it's generally not recommended restoring on newer ROM.

Oh, yeah,

I do agree. As I've said only my backup could mess up with settings...
Will try to call O2 HD tomorrow :)

Thanks for your advice!

Cheers
Chris.

jonnie16

Dec 3, 2006
Here are vthe MMS and Internet settings sent to me from Voda UK

MMS:

Click Start

Click Messaging

Click Menu

Click MMS Configuration

Click on the Servers tab

Click New

At Server Name enter a new name for the profile.g. Vodafone MMS

At Gateway enter Menu

At Port Number enter 8799

At Server Address: enter after the http:// mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms

At Connect Via click on the Arrow down to and click on the GPRS connection you created i.e. Vodafone GPRS

Scroll down

At Sending size limitation click on the Arrow down to and select 100K

At WAP Version click on the Arrow down icon and select WAP 2.0

INTERNET:

1. Click Start

2. Click Settings

3. Click Connections tab

4. Click Connections

5. Click Manage existing connections under the Internet / ISP section or WAP heading

6. Click New

7. At Enter a name for the connection enter a new name i.e. Vodafone Intranet

8. At Select a modem click on the down arrow and select Cellular Line (GPRS), Cellular Line (GPRS, 3G) for v1605

9. Click Next

10. At Access point name enter

for Contract: Internet
for PayT: pp.vodafone.co.uk

11. Click Next

12. At User name enter web

13. At Password enter web

14. Click Finish

regards Jonnie 16