[APP] qrTimer - Create and launch Timer via QR Code, barcode and NFC tags

Search This thread

nitegate

Apr 19, 2011
Hi!

I just released a new timer app for android (2.1+).

The new thing is that you can create timer definitions on QR codes and NFC tags. The QR code contains all the information necessary to launch the timer.
Also the NFC tags are totally independent because they also store the complete timer information. Just touch a NFC tag and it launches a Timer. This only works with mobiles which support NFC like the Nexus S.

Last but not least you can scan a barcode and assign it a Timer. For example for a frozen pizza or how long do you want to freeze you beer in the fridge. ;)
Please give it a try and tell me what you thing. It’s free.

market.android.com/details?id=de.grundid.qrtimer

You can find some more information and screen shots at qrtimer.com/help

Thanks!
Nitegate.

Reactions: brokenbmx06

brokenbmx06

Mar 12, 2008
Hi!

The new thing is that you can create timer definitions on QR codes and NFC tags. The QR code contains all the information necessary to launch the timer.
Also the NFC tags are totally independent because they also store the complete timer information. Just touch a NFC tag and it launches a Timer. This only works with mobiles which support NFC like the Nexus S.

Last but not least you can scan a barcode and assign it a Timer. For example for a frozen pizza or how long do you want to freeze you beer in the fridge. ;)

Thanks!
Nitegate.

Awesome program! I'll check it out a little more this evening but so far so good! No more reaching in the trash to find the instructions!

forceu

Jun 23, 2010
Wow, what a brilliant idea! :) That app looks really, really good. Did you do it on purpose that you can't create timers inside the app? I guess you did that so every timer is uploaded, however it still would be nice to have that feature so you don't have to be online all the time. Maybe you could ask the user if he wants to upload the time the next time he is connected to a wifi :)

nitegate

Apr 19, 2011
Wow, what a brilliant idea! :) That app looks really, really good. Did you do it on purpose that you can't create timers inside the app?

Thank you! The idea behind the online creation of the timer definition is quite simple: I want to create an iphone version of the app as well. Using the website to create the timer I don't have to program the UI twice.
At the same time users which only want to create QR Codes and print them somewhere can do it online more easily.

The whole concept of the qrTimer is more about creating, scanning and sharing of timer definitions. This can only be done online.

And this is only the beginning. Expect more features to come.

nitegate

Apr 19, 2011
qrTimer with Android Beam (NFC)

Hi!

I just updated my qrTimer with Android Beam support. You can now launch a timer and then transfer it to a second android phone via NFC. It will continue on the second phone.

If you have an android phone with NFC and ICS, please give it a try.

Regards,
Adrian.
---

NDEF Push / Android Beam / NFC Tags Demo Applet
grundid-gmbh.de/nfc/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

Thanks!
    Nitegate.