[App] SD-Booster v 1.5.0 released

Search This thread

Akusari

Sep 23, 2010
www.homerchess.com
Hello,

i released version 1.5.0 of my SD-Booster app on the market right now. :)

Changelog:

- New: Native Android 3.x (Honeycomb) support
- New: MMC detection framework to support any SD-Card
- New: Display current used cache size with colored terms. (red = small size, yellow = medium size, green = optimal size)
- New: Animated/colored buttons
- New: Background wallpaper
- Include some minor bugfixes in previous versions

More user options (settings) will be shipped with the next version!
Coming soon: New features will be released with version 2.0.

Android Market-Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=de.mehrmann.sdbooster
AppBrain-Link: http://www.appbrain.com/app/sd-booster/de.mehrmann.sdbooster
xda-developer-Link: http://www.xda-developers.com/android/sd-booster-for-android/

App description:

SD-Booster speeds up your SD-Card (external memory-card) up to 40 times! Enjoy a new feeling of speed on your Android smartphone anytime and everywhere you are. Starting apps, listing to your favorite music or just swapping data with your PC ? Whatever you do, the SD-Booster improve your phone speed!

SD-Booster needs root permission to run, otherwhise SD-Booster can't do anything!

For experts only: App works with read_ahead_kb value

Some few words about this version. Well, this release 1.5.0 feels more or less like version 2.0 "light". I'm currently on the way to version 2.0. At a special point i noticed that my predecessor version 1.02 include some nasty bugs, but i didn't like the idea of a small update (1.0.3).
So, i took my current developer version and removed a lot of stuff (unstable or just not ready code) and version 1.5.0 was born. The number "5" tells you i'm on the half way to version 2.0 ;-)
However, the most interesting fact is that this release is shipped with my own MMC-Detect-Framework. What does it means for you? Well, this framework should support any internal and external SD-Card out there. No more "static coded paths" should be used.

A special thank you goes to androidnews.de! Without this german online magazine SD-Booster would never exist.

Regards
Akusari

PS: If the app shows any error, please post a catlog. Thanks!

Attachments

• SD-Booster-FAQ.pdf
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,472
Last edited:

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Just downloaded and trying out your app. Getting alot of good reviews on the market and if the performance difference I have seen in the last few remains I will be adding one more. Great work and thanks for the app. :)

Tap-a-Talked from my Mesmerize

leogeeko

Jun 5, 2009
São Paulo
I´ve tested on my Galaxy SII with a Kingston 16GB Class 10 SD and it slowed down the system.

The most significant problem was in reading 1080p videos from my SD where before the App were runing smooth and after the App (Configured with a 2048K Cache size) started to chopp and freeze the video.

Just to let you know, maybe is a device especifics and could help to understands why this happens.

Thank You,

taob

Oct 17, 2010
Toronto, ON
SD-Booster speeds up your SD-Card (external memory-card) up to 40 times!
Can you describe in more detail how exactly your app is doing this? Are you increasing the read-ahead cache size, or somehow changing the I/O block size? Does it cache writes or enable write clustering? How would this affect large sequential transfers vs. small random access? Does it affect reads differently than writes?

I'm already using AutoKiller Memory Optimizer, which has it's own "SD card tweak" (increases the read-ahead cache), so I want to make sure both apps aren't fighting for the controls. ;)

Doktaphex

Oct 18, 2010
Earth
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
BTW: If someone could create a better SD-Booster logo (SD-Card image at the top (160x160)) i would be pretty happy. :D I'm a poor graphic designer :(

How's about this one I quickly threw together, it's 159x144.

Attachments

• sd_booster_logo.png
    sd_booster_logo.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 739
Last edited:

Yakuzagang5

Jan 21, 2010
Well, it works!

I have a Samsung Fascinate running CommRom 2.1, and went from 7.8 write speed to 8.3. I know thats not much of an improvement, but the big upgrade was going from 14.9 read speed to 22.4 :) I'm a happy customer!

elmanortega

Aug 31, 2009
perez zeledon
hi

i have the htc inspire 4g
with coredroid rom
cpu master free overclock to 1600mhz
8gb class 10 kingston microsd
what do you recommend?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

i released version 1.5.0 of my SD-Booster app on the market right now. :)

Changelog:

- New: Native Android 3.x (Honeycomb) support
    - New: MMC detection framework to support any SD-Card
    - New: Display current used cache size with colored terms. (red = small size, yellow = medium size, green = optimal size)
    - New: Animated/colored buttons
    - New: Background wallpaper
    - Include some minor bugfixes in previous versions

More user options (settings) will be shipped with the next version!
    Coming soon: New features will be released with version 2.0.

Android Market-Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=de.mehrmann.sdbooster
    AppBrain-Link: http://www.appbrain.com/app/sd-booster/de.mehrmann.sdbooster
    xda-developer-Link: http://www.xda-developers.com/android/sd-booster-for-android/

App description:

SD-Booster speeds up your SD-Card (external memory-card) up to 40 times! Enjoy a new feeling of speed on your Android smartphone anytime and everywhere you are. Starting apps, listing to your favorite music or just swapping data with your PC ? Whatever you do, the SD-Booster improve your phone speed!

SD-Booster needs root permission to run, otherwhise SD-Booster can't do anything!

For experts only: App works with read_ahead_kb value

Some few words about this version. Well, this release 1.5.0 feels more or less like version 2.0 "light". I'm currently on the way to version 2.0. At a special point i noticed that my predecessor version 1.02 include some nasty bugs, but i didn't like the idea of a small update (1.0.3).
    So, i took my current developer version and removed a lot of stuff (unstable or just not ready code) and version 1.5.0 was born. The number "5" tells you i'm on the half way to version 2.0 ;-)
    However, the most interesting fact is that this release is shipped with my own MMC-Detect-Framework. What does it means for you? Well, this framework should support any internal and external SD-Card out there. No more "static coded paths" should be used.

A special thank you goes to androidnews.de! Without this german online magazine SD-Booster would never exist.

Regards
    Akusari

PS: If the app shows any error, please post a catlog. Thanks!
    BTW: If someone could create a better SD-Booster logo (SD-Card image at the top (160x160)) i would be pretty happy. :D I'm a poor graphic designer :(

How's about this one I quickly threw together, it's 159x144.
    Hello !

SD-Booster version 1.5.4 landed on Google's Play Store right now.

Changelog:

-Fix: A small ICS (Android 4.0.x) system exception

Regards,
    Akusari
    Updated as per your suggestions.