Best Data counter?

Search This thread

DominikReber

Jun 1, 2011
Hi

I'm kinda new to android.
Whats the best data counter for android?

Thanks a lot

Sent from my LG-E900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

D

Deleted member 2496007

Hi.

If your are after something to monitor your 3g data allowance, 3G Watchdog is pretty good. You can set your limits and monthly renewell date, and it'll warn you if you get near your limit, and turn off 3g if you reach it.

On the other hand, Traffic Monitor logs all data, 3g and wifi, and very usefully logs which app is using what. Very useful if you suspect one app of chewing through more data than it should. You can also test network speeds with it.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

.sh4d0w.

May 1, 2011
Bucuresti
I use data counter widget https://market.android.com/details?id=com.roysolberg.android.datacounter&feature=search_result
Because i install new roms all the time and i 3g watch dog is useless if i change rom.
You can set to show daily traffic, but if you tap it it shows data used yesterday/2 days ago..last month...etc

LE: Didn't try to use titanium backup on 3G watchdog just before instaling new rom...that would be one idea. But i just like to have a live widget.

Last edited:

drkaho

Sep 22, 2011
www.versine.eu
Data Detective is a newish app that shows mobile and wifi traffic per application in addition to the totals. It also shows the costs of mobile data per app in your local currency.

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Personally I use Call Meter NG (free on market) since I first got my DS.

Very simple and elegant, and also tells me the minutes and texts I used.