FOUND - Need 55.1.27.MB865.AsiaRetail.en.03 India retail firmware

Search This thread

raj_sh06

May 16, 2010
Hi,

I have an Indian Atrix 2. I recently rooted it and un-installed some system applications like Email and Gmail etc. using Titanium Backup without taking a backup. After doing it everything works fine but I am getting force closes every now and then with messaging app.

I am wondering if any Indian users here can post Indian Retail firmware backup so that I can update my phone back to factory state. I tried factory reset but that didn't help either.

Firmware version is 55.1.27.MB865.AsiaRetail.en.03, android 2.3.6.

UPDATE: Download "5.5.1-EDEM-27-SEARET_cfc.xml.zip" from http://sbf.droid-developers.org/edison/list.php
That's what I was looking for

Last edited:

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
reflecting on Indra's net
If you tell me how, I'd be happy to help. I'm not yet rooted though.

How to root 2.3.6 ---> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1396650
Then dowload and install A2 Bootstrap ---> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1346977
Then install CWM ROM Manager ---> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.rommanager&hl=en
Run the bootstrap, reboot into recovery, and make a backup.. The system image will be stored on your sd card.
This is how one would do it with the US version, hope it all works for the Indian version..

Note that this will copy your system and data in it's current state... it won't give you the stock FXZ that you are looking for.. but you might be able to get clever and grab only the stock apps you need and push them to your device..

Last edited:
Reactions: athani

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
reflecting on Indra's net
Hi,

I have an Indian Atrix 2. I recently rooted it and un-installed some system applications like Email and Gmail etc. using Titanium Backup without taking a backup. After doing it everything works fine but I am getting force closes every now and then with messaging app.

I am wondering if any Indian users here can post Indian Retail firmware backup so that I can update my phone back to factory state. I tried factory reset but that didn't help either.

Just thought of this, not sure if it will work - have someone with an your version of stock rooted A2 make a titanium backup of all the apps and data, then make a CWM backup as briefly described above, and get you a copy the backup file. Then, put it on your sd card in the clockworkmod/backup folder, use Titanium Backup and the "Extract from Nandroid" option. Choose the critical system apps that you need and restore (maybe the apps only, no data).
Actually, maybe you could skip the CWM part entirely and just copy the stock Titanium Backup files into your TB folder on your sd card..

Maybe somebody here knows a bit more about this? And can't you just get Gmail from the Play Store?

Last edited:

raj_sh06

May 16, 2010
Then dowload and install A2 Bootstrap ---> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1346977
Then install CWM ROM Manager ---> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.rommanager&hl=en
Run the bootstrap, reboot into recovery, and make a backup.. The system image will be stored on your sd card.
This is how one would do it with the US version, hope it all works for the Indian version..

Note that this will copy your system and data in it's current state... it won't give you the stock FXZ that you are looking for.. but you might be able to get clever and grab only the stock apps you need and push them to your device..

Thanks, been a bit busy. This is exactly how it needs to be done. I have mine rooted, so I can use CWM to restore the backup taken this way. I would really appreciate the help.

I flashed all the custom roms but all are AT&T based, have lots of restrictions, like network selection doesn't work, tethering doesn't work, *#*#4636#*#* menu doesn't work.

This could be of help to other people too. If AT&T roms work on mine than I believe there's no difference in hardware on our's or US devices, so US people can flash it too to have a real android device with no restrictions whatsoever. And if a developer can create a custom rom based on this that would be wonderful.

raj_sh06

May 16, 2010

Will appreciate the help if you could do this for me. Its a little complicated process but once you follow the steps it is fairly easy, hardly took me 15 minutes to root. And please backup your apps after rooting with Titanium Backup and then factory reset and take a CWM backup here, that way none of your personal information will be there in backup file.

I know I am asking for something that will take some time.... I am around if you need help with any of the steps, do let me know.

athani

Aug 9, 2009
Mumbai
Will appreciate the help if you could do this for me. Its a little complicated process but once you follow the steps it is fairly easy, hardly took me 15 minutes to root. And please backup your apps after rooting with Titanium Backup and then factory reset and take a CWM backup here, that way none of your personal information will be there in backup file.

I know I am asking for something that will take some time.... I am around if you need help with any of the steps, do let me know.

Hi. Yes, it may take some time the first time around. So I'll do it on Saturday. I'll PM if I need help.

athani

Aug 9, 2009
Mumbai
Hi. Unfortunately I got a lemon and have had to ask for a replacement. Flipkart have a 30 days returns policy so thank God for that. I won't be able to hep you for some days yet :(

raj_sh06

May 16, 2010
Hi. Unfortunately I got a lemon and have had to ask for a replacement. Flipkart have a 30 days returns policy so thank God for that. I won't be able to hep you for some days yet :(

Oh. Bad news that is, but good that you are covered. Not an issue, let me know when you get a new one, hopefully soon, goodluck with that

cyberwolves

Jan 31, 2011
Bangalore
55.1.27.MB865.AsiaRetail.en.03 India retail firmware

Hi,
Even m in need of 55.1.27.MB865.AsiaRetail.en.03 India retail firmware
so when will ya be uploading ?

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Hi,

Hi did Ya get wat ya had asked for - pls let me know if ya found the 55.1.27.MB865.AsiaRetail.en.03 India retail firmware... eveN m In need Of 1

raj_sh06

May 16, 2010
Sorry mate, I didnt find what I was looking for so I gave it to service center. And they are processing a replacement for me. But just now I found this http://sbf.droid-developers.org/edison/list.php
Go to your phone's settings, about phone and see if you find below information listed there:

edison_emara-user 2.3.6 5.5.1-EDEM-27 70 release-keys2012-01-20 19:57 Off.Bld LUD_EDISON_R1E_PATCH_23_120120_1943 crh1090280_M570_PC_CARD_RAINB

If I remember our is same version as above. If it is, go to above link and download "5.5.1-EDEM-27-ASIAOPS_cfc.xml.zip" and flash it using RSD Lite. And if you find it risky, just extract system.img from this zip file and go to fastboot mode (vol up+vol down and power on, select AP Fastboot) and in cmd type fastboot flash system system.img and it should flash system image only to your phone.

This should make it work, I wish I had my phone with me. Try if you are comfortable and understand the process well. Good Luck

raj_sh06

May 16, 2010
And if you can, could you please upload a screenshot of Setting - About Phone screen here? So that I can match that information with other versions uploaded on that link, we may find retail Indian firmware, may be...

raj_sh06

May 16, 2010
Ok guys, good news. I had a backup of my phone before giving it to service center. N I confirm that "5.5.1-EDEM-27-SEARET_cfc.xml.zip" file given at http://sbf.droid-developers.org/edison/list.php is the Indian Retail Version everyone is looking for. I just matched the versions with my backup and this is exact same copy we need. So guys flash it without worries...

Reactions: cyberwolves

cyberwolves

Jan 31, 2011
Bangalore
Motorola Atrix 2Atrix[Q] Need 55.1.27.MB865.AsiaRetail.en.03 India retail f

Hi dude,
The thin Is iv owned , Motorola atrix 2 AT&T cell, as i had imported it from US.. 1 month back before it launched in india, So i was wonderin if i could install indian version of gingerbread 2.3.6 on my AT&T atrix 2..

Thanks in advance

raj_sh06

May 16, 2010
Hi dude,
The thin Is iv owned , Motorola atrix 2 AT&T cell, as i had imported it from US.. 1 month back before it launched in india, So i was wonderin if i could install indian version of gingerbread 2.3.6 on my AT&T atrix 2..

Thanks in advance

I am sure you can. Hardware is same. I had Indian version and when I screwed it without taking the backup, I flashed AT&T stock ROM and it worked flawlessly so Indian ROM should work on yours too. Only difference is, Indian ROM is not restrictive like AT&T, its what non carrier branded handset should have, everything works. I would suggest try it. I don't think there will be an issue, and even if you come across any issue, you still have stock AT&T FXZ/SBF to flash... So nothing to loose in my opinion.

Reactions: cyberwolves

cyberwolves

Jan 31, 2011
Bangalore
motorola atrix 2

I am sure you can. Hardware is same. I had Indian version and when I screwed it without taking the backup, I flashed AT&T stock ROM and it worked flawlessly so Indian ROM should work on yours too. Only difference is, Indian ROM is not restrictive like AT&T, its what non carrier branded handset should have, everything works. I would suggest try it. I don't think there will be an issue, and even if you come across any issue, you still have stock AT&T FXZ/SBF to flash... So nothing to loose in my opinion.

I would Be thank Full if Ya guid Me step by step on how to do it-
M sittin ready wit my cell ,Just waitin for the download of firmware to get complete.... thank U pls msg to my email id cyberwolvesgoncrazy@gmail.com m not able to msg here its showin {ALL new users are not permitted to post outside links in their messages. After approximately eight posts, you will be able to post outside links. Thanks for understanding!}

Last edited:

raj_sh06

May 16, 2010
I would Be thank Full if Ya guid Me step by step on how to do it-
M sittin ready wit my cell ,Just waitin for the download of firmware to get complete.... thank U pls msg to my email id cyberwolvesgoncrazy@gmail.com m not able to msg here its showin {ALL new users are not permitted to post outside links in their messages. After approximately eight posts, you will be able to post outside links. Thanks for understanding!}

I assume you have motorola usb drivers installed, could be found on Motorola support site easily (cant tell you the link now, at work right now).

Then just wait for firmware download to finish. Install RSD Lite and run it. Turn off your phone. Now hold Vol Up+Vol Down together and press power key, you will see 4 options, select AP Fastboot. Now connect your phone to PC using cable. Now the RSD Lite screen should show your device listed in the white blank box. After that click on "..." icon on RSD Lite and select the firmware file you downloaded. After all this, just hit the Start in RSD window and wait patiently for few minutes. Once it is done your phone will restart and boot into your new firmware. That's it... Enjoy :)

Do let me know if you need any further help. Right now I am planning to go home, will only be able to reply tomorrow morning hopefully.

Sorry, cant mail you right now, no access to personal email sites at work :(

Last edited:

cyberwolves

Jan 31, 2011
Bangalore
I assume you have motorola usb drivers installed, could be found on Motorola support site easily (cant tell you the link now, at work right now).

Then just wait for firmware download to finish. Install RSD Lite and run it. Turn off your phone. Now hold Vol Up+Vol Down together and press power key, you will see 4 options, select AP Fastboot. Now connect your phone to PC using cable. Now the RSD Lite screen should show your device listed in the white blank box. After that click on "..." icon on RSD Lite and select the firmware file you downloaded. After all this, just hit the Start in RSD window and wait patiently for few minutes. Once it is done your phone will restart and boot into your new firmware. That's it... Enjoy :)

Do let me know if you need any further help. Right now I am planning to go home, will only be able to reply tomorrow morning hopefully.

Dude Guess Wat, i tried Doin All those N messeD up Wit my cell- :D fOr 3 hrs- rsd lite sucks..., it messed up my whole cell as it was stuck in the fast boot flash mod- :) and had to do it everythin manually in cmd,and tried uploadin india retail firmware it did not support- at last no better go had to download and install the AT&T firmware back- Now my cell is alive- :D ,

N thanks for the reply :)

n r u on Facebook ? dude send me friends request cyberwolvesgoncrazy@gmail.com

Last edited:

raj_sh06

May 16, 2010
Dude Guess Wat, i tried Doin All those N messeD up Wit my cell- :D fOr 3 hrs- rsd lite sucks..., it messed up my whole cell as it was stuck in the fast boot flash mod- :) and had to do it everythin manually in cmd,and tried uploadin india retail firmware it did not support- at last no better go had to download and install the AT&T firmware back- Now my cell is alive- :D ,

N thanks for the reply :)

n r u on Facebook ? dude send me friends request cyberwolvesgoncrazy@gmail.com

It didn't work? Hmmm... I don't have my phone to try anything new yet, will get a replacement next week. Anyways, in my other thread here in General Section, xda Dev "cogeary" is working on a custom ROM based on Indian Retail ROM with additional features taken from Chinese ROM, like call recording, spam SMS/Call blocking. So its just few days till we start getting real good ROM's here. So keep visiting here.

Facebook, yeah. But I don't add strangers :p
Just kidding, will add you, though I hardly use FB, just have it to keep in touch with old friends.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ok guys, good news. I had a backup of my phone before giving it to service center. N I confirm that "5.5.1-EDEM-27-SEARET_cfc.xml.zip" file given at http://sbf.droid-developers.org/edison/list.php is the Indian Retail Version everyone is looking for. I just matched the versions with my backup and this is exact same copy we need. So guys flash it without worries...
    Hi dude,

Thanks in advance