[ROM] [JB] [P4--P4WIFI--P4VZW] 4.1.2 AOKP for the Galaxy Tab 10.1

Search This thread

jolobe

Oct 5, 2011
baarlo
Thanks for replying, of course I meant working fine not nive or what ever I wrote..
Can you give me some details about uninstalling system applicat? I can disable it, and I can rename it with root explore but I am not sure how to uninstall.
Even if I rename it to email app..old installation of new app or Titanium restore is not possible.

I think you would need to remove the /0 folder from your data partition after a wipe...I haven't done it myself though. Look into this on the cm thread perhaps, I am sure others have gone through this.

Sent from my Infamous Tab.

I have done it several times; do a complete wipe factory / cache / dalvik/ format system and flash rom. After flashing move the files you need from sdcard0/0 to sdcard/0. Try if 'per example your TB can get the backup files, and if so you can delete sdcard/0/0 (ONLY THE LAST/0!!!)

Last edited:

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
Welp. So long Tab Community! Posting here as this AOKP port was my last flash and the last ROM that got me through the final usage peroid of my Tablet.. Mine just sold on Ebay for $210 and it sits at a sterile untouched ICS now waiting to be received by its new owner.. While I have a lot of sour grapes about what I paid ($500) for the tablet and how Samsung actually support it (like it was a $100 tablet) I learned a lot so.. I can't really complain.. But... I will. :)

Take care folks!

Last edited:

dextroamphetamine

Jan 28, 2012
I had something similar happen to me two days ago. For some reason my tab stopped saving stuff on /sdcard because I 'ran out of space'. I tried to take a logcat and then remembered I couldnt save it in the device, lol. I wasn't on this rom though for the record.

I chalked it up to a billion flashes and wipes as I worked on stuff and explored roms. So I backed up stuff I wanted off the device, did a total /sdcard format and full wipe and ref lashed stock firmware with Odin. Tab runs great now...go for it if you are cool with starting fresh. Might be worth the hour or so it takes to build it back up...plus its a good exercise once in awhile anyway IMO :)

I cleared my /cache and regained the space.

TTboy404

May 22, 2007
Louisville Ky
Question

I have an SCH i905 (the verizon lte tab), so i am limited on available roms because i need to keep the LTE.

I ran this aokp one for a while, and recently upgraded to the CM JB 4.2 rom. I like the rom, but the 4.2 is sluggish, and from what i understand, not designed to run on this tab.

I am considering switching back to this one

I really like the AoKP rom, it was zippy and quick, battery was not that good but.....my big dislike the notification window. Always screwing with notifications or the setting menu and back n forth. Was there a setting or a mod/hack, that would basically make the notification menu more like my phone (notifications and things like the brightness slider constantly present)? A pointer to a thread, with apk or something to mod notifications, would be great too!

thanks

wongjos

May 15, 2006
Windows 7 64bit driver?

Hi,

My PC cannot detect the device correctly. Tried Kies and other USB driver but still the same. Only unknown device can be found. Any suggestions or comments please?

wongjos

May 15, 2006
After you flash the ROM? Then go to Menu-->settings-->storage-->3 dots upper right-->USB PC...-->set hook at mtp. You got your connection.;) But this was mentioned soooo many times. Its on all AOSP/AOKP ROMs to do after a fullwipe.

Great. It works for me. The tweak is hidden.

Hopefully, developer can make it on by default to avoid inconvenience caused for beginner.

okty2k

Apr 24, 2010
This ROM will no longer get updates, I assume. The OP had quit some time ago (family life), and I don't know if anyone took over....

unubtanium

Sep 24, 2008
London
This ROM will no longer get updates, I assume. The OP had quit some time ago (family life), and I don't know if anyone took over....

That is sad that no one took over. I guess if i get me spare machine to build AOKP for my n7000 i guess it will not take much to get it to build for my beloved P4...

Will come back here if it builds oki for my n7000 and then let u all know if I need some help getting it to build for P4..

As i have enjoined sooooo many roms from sooo many great devs i guess its time for me to give something back. And the only thing i can give back is some of my time and the use of my space machine as a pure build machine for AOKP for N7000 and P4 and maybe P4Wifi and P4VZW if the two first goes nicely.

I am not saying that this will happen tonight or tomorrow but it will come.

PS: I am not a DEV AT all, but i am currently learning how the whole sync and build works.

Anyway, back to work .. :good:

djmatt604

Aug 1, 2012
Vancity
I've fallen in love with AOKP as well and am working to try and bring it to the 7510.

I have a cut of jb-mr1 (4.2.2) from 3/3 booting for us but there are some bugs. Anyone want to help me work them out? PM me....

djmatt604

Aug 1, 2012
Vancity
All:

I have been able to compile a build of AOKP 4.2.2 for this device that is current as of last night's code. It boots up without issue, sets up nicely, and is usable, but is a bit laggy out of the gate, and currently has no sound so I am working that out now. Remember this is a 2 year old device and things may not run super snappy, but hey, it runs. That's what matters for those who are curious right? :)

http://db.tt/Yaeudijk

I will not resync my source until I can get all of this working, so that I can incorporate the solutions into newer builds down the road. However, as soon as I can figure out the critical stuff, I will post my build in a new thread. I also won't be updating nightly, may be more like weekly, but will do the best I can for you all.

Hope this helps to make some diehard AOKP folks happy...I just about fell out of my chair with excitement when it fired up! Stay tuned!

Last edited:

jittusm

Nov 28, 2010
Bangalore
All:

I have been able to compile a build of AOKP 4.2.2 for this device that is current as of last night's code. It boots up without issue, sets up nicely, and is usable, but is a bit laggy out of the gate, and currently has no sound so I am working that out now. Remember this is a 2 year old device and things may not run super snappy, but hey, it runs. That's what matters for those who are curious right? :)

http://db.tt/Yaeudijk

I will not resync my source until I can get all of this working, so that I can incorporate the solutions into newer builds down the road. However, as soon as I can figure out the critical stuff, I will post my build in a new thread. I also won't be updating nightly, may be more like weekly, but will do the best I can for you all.

Hope this helps to make some diehard AOKP folks happy...I just about fell out of my chair with excitement when it fired up! Stay tuned!

hi where is the download link? also as usual a humble request for the p4 also ;)

unubtanium

Sep 24, 2008
London
hi where is the download link? also as usual a humble request for the p4 also ;)

I am currantly setting up a laptop only for compiling aokp for our beloved p4.
Just waiting for my reposync to finish amd then i hope djmatt604 will give me some hints on how to get it to work as i am NOT a dev. Only a hacker

:fingers-crossed:

djmatt604

Aug 1, 2012
Vancity
No download link yet....I don't have all the kinks worked out at this moment. Doing the best I can though :)

As for other devices, I don't have them so I would have no way of knowing how safe or unsafe a build I do for those tabs would be. That makes me nervous about doing it as I have compiled builds for devices I don't own before and it never works out well. My preference is only to contribute stuff I have tested and verified on my own equipment.

Let me work out the WiFi build first. If all goes well I can try a build for the 7500 and vzw tabs, but will most likely not be able to help if they do not work....

Sent from my 4.2.GSII

triptosyll

Jan 7, 2012
Mineral Point
No download link yet....I don't have all the kinks worked out at this moment. Doing the best I can though :)

As for other devices, I don't have them so I would have no way of knowing how safe or unsafe a build I do for those tabs would be. That makes me nervous about doing it as I have compiled builds for devices I don't own before and it never works out well. My preference is only to contribute stuff I have tested and verified on my own equipment.

Let me work out the WiFi build first. If all goes well I can try a build for the 7500 and vzw tabs, but will most likely not be able to help if they do not work....

Sent from my 4.2.GSII

If u need any help, u can check out my github for any changes I made to source, and, of course, u can pm me too, and ill see what I can do. :)

Im glad to see some people grabbing the reigns. Have fun, and post a link in this thread, to any thread u open for the same device, as I would love to test if I get time. Way to go guys! I wish u luck! :thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a build I compiled of AOKP for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 p4vzw, p4, and p4wifi. All credit goes to the AOKP team, and the CM team. Its their code, i just compiled it, and got it to build for the tab. This is strictly unofficial. As far as I know, there isn't a jellybean AOKP build for this device, so here some AOKP goodness. I have added a few touches of my own. Nothing major. Little changes. Not enough to call it anything but AOKP though. :D:D

The usual applies, flash at your own risk. If you drown in the tub tonight cuz u flashed this rom, don't come crying to me!!

This rom runs Pershoot's kernel, version 3.1

How to flash:

1. Download the rom:

p4

p4vzw

p4wifi

2. Gapps (All thanks to Kill Droid Hack for packaging it and his work on it up to that point, sharingan92 for his thread i got it from, and all the amazing people who attacked the 4.2 and tore that s**t up! You guys rock!!)

3. MAKE A NANDROID!!

4. Please do a full Wipe of data, cache, and dalvik

5. Flash rom

6. Flash gapps

7. Reboot

Enjoy!

Changes:

*Added the 4.2 keyboard
    *The 4.2 Gapps
    *Changed the color of the data arrows(I couldn't ever see the gray on gray)

THANKS TO:
    All the CM guys!
    All the AOKP guys!
    Pershoot for his kernel work, and his work with the Galaxy Tab!
    Romanbb for his work with the Galaxy Tab!
    Lithid-cm for helping me through the rough spots of learning the android build system!

Any bugs or problems, let me know so I can try and implement a fix. :D:D

EDIT: Known Bugs:
    *Swagger wallpapers FC
    *Rom Control->Vibrations FC :confused:

I am sorry to say, this is on the way back burner for me for quite a while. My wife and I are 7 mos. pregnant with our 3rd child, and its our first girl! We are excited, and extremely busy. I will, however, if u have the knowledge, be willing to go over the process with someone, show them how I did what I did. Im sorry guys, but hope that u can still enjoy the rom. If I get back into it, whenever that may be, I will definitely come back here. U guys have been great! Thanks everyone.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using xda app-developers app
    Iol sorry bro are you affirming that u can make calls? Cause u have question marks after you responses lol.... does anyone know if e dial pad tones work in a call for checking voicemail? Thanks

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda app-developers app

I don't believe any of the calling works. Anyone that DOES have calling working, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe its not working. I don't know why, and I can't know why without a logcat.

I will only say this one more time.
    IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A LOGCAT OF YOUR PROBLEM, I WILL BE ABLE TO PROVIDE NO SUPPORT!

I don't see how people assume that I just KNOW what's going on with your tab. U have to provide me with info. And not just "my phone calls won't work". This is where logcat comes in. Its the computer output during the time of the problem. Your diagnosis means nothing. Logcat is god. This is why there is a ten post limit before your allowed to post in the dev section. Its to get people accustomed to the way things are done, and how problems are addressed and fixed. If u don't have a logcat, please do not post about any of your problems. Sorry to sound like a ****, but I have a life, and I don't want to spend hours trying to diagnose a problem that would have taken ten minutes to fix had YOU taken ten minutes to give me the proper info.

I'm not saying I CAN fix it either. I'm just saying, if ud like me to try, please provide the needed info.

Thank u. And I'm really NOT an asshole. I just am getting sick of everyone acting like their problem means so much, but 3/4 of the people who have used this ROM haven't even used the damned thank u button. The ONLY thing that the devs in this community get are measly thank u's, and half u guys can't even do that. And on top of it, u demand fixes to problems, and won't even bother to look at the rules. :banghead:

If u want help, please be courteous, and provide a logcat and the version of the ROM u downloaded.

Now, back to solving issues. :)
    Hit me. I'll see what I can do.
    Any chance you could build us one for p4wifi? That would incedible!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk 2

I should b able to build it for both of those tabs. Gimme a bit today. Takes me 2 1/2 hours to build, and I won't b able to start till after work. I'll get back to u guys tho.

using additional software to tune the touchscreen did nothing (or at least I did not see any improvement). however, please be noted that I also did not experiment any type of lags, so that should make me a 'member' of elite....

as suggestion, triptosyll, maybe you can give your ROM an name and start using some type of version control....

No, its not my ROM. I'm doing nothing to source. Its strictly aokp. The version of the ROM is the same version as the version of aokp from the same date. If u wanna know what version it is, check the date on the build, and find out what build number it is that aokp was on at the same time. :thumbup:

As a note, guys. I will not b compiling a 4.2 version of this for a while. I know source is there, and that I could, but there are so many bugs in it that I'm not about to deal with 200 posts about FC's, random reboots, apps not working, etc. When things get ironed out, I'll get u guys some more fresh stuff. :)