[Q] Anyone know a way to bypass the Amazon Appstore External Market Link popup?

Search This thread

Natchy

Apr 28, 2014
Louisville
NO Amazon, I do not want to open the link/app with your App Store!

So, does anyone know a way to bypass that popup? It's not a big deal, just annoying that I have to back out of what I'm doing, open Google Play, search for the app, find the right one, then finally download it. :eek: Thanks to anyone who can help me be even lazier than I am :)

In case it matters: I'm on a -rooted- Kindle Fire HD 7", running Amazon Firmware version 7.4.8, Root Android 4.0.3, with ADW Launcher EX version 1.3.3.9,

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
NO Amazon, I do not want to open the link/app with your App Store!

So, does anyone know a way to bypass that popup? It's not a big deal, just annoying that I have to back out of what I'm doing, open Google Play, search for the app, find the right one, then finally download it. :eek: Thanks to anyone who can help me be even lazier than I am :)

In case it matters: I'm on a -rooted- Kindle Fire HD 7", running Amazon Firmware version 7.4.8, Root Android 4.0.3, with ADW Launcher EX version 1.3.3.9,

Hmm, it's been a while but I think as long as you're running Amazon OS this will happen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Nope there's a trick, rename a system app called something like marketintentproxy.apk, it will stop the redirects. Not positive on the filename but it is something like that, I had it disabled myself back before i stopped using amazon os.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

Reactions: Natchy

Natchy

Apr 28, 2014
Louisville
Rename it what?

Nope there's a trick, rename a system app called something like marketintentproxy.apk, it will stop the redirects. Not positive on the filename but it is something like that, I had it disabled myself back before i stopped using amazon os.

So what should I rename the system app? Is there a specific name, or can I just enter whatever and it will stop the redirect?

Thanks, by the way. I had seen that apk name before, but didn't know it was used for this.

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Yes you can use es file explorer, look in /system/app
You have to enable root mode and mount system as read-write, though for some reason on the latest Google play store released version of es file explorer i cant find a option to remount system as RW, only root access. Have to remount it from a terminal on the newer version. Don't let what I said confuse you, I am just rambling.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lady Adellandra

Jul 30, 2013
Already had root access. Somehow when I did so it didn't redirect links leading elsewhere. Thanks a bunch!

Sent from my KFTT using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Change ".apk" to ".bak" so its not recognized as an app.