[Q] Help:Battery Drop after updated to .402?

Search This thread

StarFcker

May 15, 2013
So last night i plugged in my z2 to my laptop and download the update 402 via sony pc companion. I left it overnight and this morning when it finished updated, i switched on the phone it was at 99%.

After a few mins i look back, it dropped to 74%!
Has anyone experiencing the same issue? is this normal? is this update bad for the battery?

anyway i did a factory reset, it was still new anyway so not much things on it yet.
ps, i did not lose my X-reality.Its still there

paras

Apr 15, 2007
I feel the new Rom takes a bit time to settle.Give it a day or so and then try to troubleshoot.

Sent From My Sony Xperia Z2 D6502 White

BR4DOKYBrazil

Sep 20, 2011
Londrina
Actually one of the things I noticed early on was the biggest battery consumption compared to .55 and .69! I have just remove the device from the charger and with a bit of use, then it goes to 97%!

This is really scaring me! In FW .55 and .69 was very time to see the percentage going down!

cheetah2k

May 27, 2008
Brisbane
See what its like after a weeks use and the battery is properly calibrated.

I bet you will be seeing similar results to the earlier firmware

StarFcker

May 15, 2013
thanks guys for your input. Yeah i think its too early to tell on the battery consumption yet. I will observe it for a week or two and tell again

BR4DOKYBrazil

Sep 20, 2011
Londrina
Most likely when you flash the update, the battery stats reset with other parameters, let it settle for few charges and see if it calibrates.

It would be good to let my battery run out completely and then charge 100% or is not recommended to do this? I know that this type of technology can not do this, but only in this case!

EDIT:

Yesterday I was using the phone and noticed that when the battery reached 60% it took longer to get down the percentage! So I was using the device and the percentage reached 29%, so I put it to charge all night. This morning I noticed a significant improvement, so much that I am using lot and is still at 97%! What leads me to believe that what user said above is true!

Last edited:

coolmingli

Jan 16, 2013
San Francisco
It would be good to let my battery run out completely and then charge 100% or is not recommended to do this? I know that this type of technology can not do this, but only in this case!

EDIT:

Yesterday I was using the phone and noticed that when the battery reached 60% it took longer to get down the percentage! So I was using the device and the percentage reached 29%, so I put it to charge all night. This morning I noticed a significant improvement, so much that I am using lot and is still at 97%! What leads me to believe that what user said above is true!

It's always like that, any phones after install new ROM(custom or official), it will take couple cycles of recharge to settle down the battery.

Reactions: BR4DOKYBrazil

Strangeland16

Apr 24, 2014
Well after 2 days I would say that this firmware drains battery much faster I've gone back to previous firmware version and getting much better battery results so I'll stick with this for now I think

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Most likely when you flash the update, the battery stats reset with other parameters, let it settle for few charges and see if it calibrates.
    And check that your phone can enter Deep Sleep (CPU Spy from Play Store or similar). Could be that the update screwed that up.

EDIT:

It's always like that, any phones after install new ROM(custom or official), it will take couple cycles of recharge to settle down the battery.