Touch Control Still works for 4.4.3! (Tap screen to wake)

Search This thread

convolution

Nov 17, 2010
Vancouver
In case you don't know, you can install this guy so you can double tap your screen to wake:

http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/themes-apps/app-mod-touchcontrol-nexus-4-t2101488

I've been using it for 4.4.2, and I was worried that it wouldn't work for 4.4.3, but it still does. You just need this kernel:

http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/orig-development/kernel-semaphore-n4-2-0-0-t2232898

Semaphore 2.2.2 and you'll be all set.

I spent an entire afternoon figuring this out by trial and error. Hopefully this saves you all some time.

snak3ater

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 31, 2012
Land of Pathans
How is it possible? All modules are removed from the server.app itself is fine from play store. No module, no touch control feature..
Semaphore has for its own dt2w feature

Sent from my rastakat powdered Nexus

zellleonhart

Jan 19, 2013
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I still can download the module in-app though.

However, in the future I foresee it will be down soon.

Any dev is going to reinvent something like touch control? I bet with right marketing it can do well. I am willing to pay for that provided that the dev is dedicated :S

felixadhit

Jun 12, 2014
WIFI LOST

I use NEXUS 4 with android 4.4.3
I tried to install Touch Control as per your suggestion but unfortunately after installation I cannot turn-on my WIFI
I tried to load Semaphore 2.2.1 (because there is no Semaphore 2.2.2) but it said I cannot use that Kernel (i don't know why)
Then it search automatically available Kernel and install directly, after finish then my Nexus 4 reboot automatically, after reboot I cannot turn-on my WIFI, it only show "Turning Wi-Fi on..." but never turn-on
Is this problem happen with your phone also? What to do now?

Nicknoxx

Jan 19, 2012
I use NEXUS 4 with android 4.4.3
I tried to install Touch Control as per your suggestion but unfortunately after installation I cannot turn-on my WIFI
I tried to load Semaphore 2.2.1 (because there is no Semaphore 2.2.2) but it said I cannot use that Kernel (i don't know why)
Then it search automatically available Kernel and install directly, after finish then my Nexus 4 reboot automatically, after reboot I cannot turn-on my WIFI, it only show "Turning Wi-Fi on..." but never turn-on
Is this problem happen with your phone also? What to do now?

Same here. I'm planning to use a different ROM like 'bricked' to enable slide2wake as touch control is dead.

Sebinto

Dec 22, 2011
The solution

Hi,

You can download the 2.2.2 here : www dot semaphore.gr/kernels/Semaphore_N4_2.2.2.zip

After flash this kernel, I reboot my phone, then I start TouchControl for the first time (uninstall/install before). The app ask to load the module, say yes and select the kernel named "Semaphore 2.2.1" and now my wifi work perfectly!

(Sorry for my bad english)

felixadhit

Jun 12, 2014
sure?

Hi,

You can download the 2.2.2 here : www dot semaphore.gr/kernels/Semaphore_N4_2.2.2.zip

After flash this kernel, I reboot my phone, then I start TouchControl for the first time (uninstall/install before). The app ask to load the module, say yes and select the kernel named "Semaphore 2.2.1" and now my wifi work perfectly!

(Sorry for my bad english)

Are you sure about this?
Because I have tried to download semaphore 2.2.2 directly and install it to my phone from above website from convolution :

"I've been using it for 4.4.2, and I was worried that it wouldn't work for 4.4.3, but it still does. You just need this kernel:
http://xdaforums.com/nexu...2-0-0-t2232898"

and I also didn't know how to use it (semaphore 2.2.2)
After install that semaphore and install it to my phone then I install touch control, but unfortunately I still cannot load semaphore 2.2.1 then touch control find another kernel automatically then install it directly and reboot my phone. Finally after reboot my WI-FI immediately cannot turn-on

Could you please help

Sebinto

Dec 22, 2011
Are you sure about this?
Because I have tried to download semaphore 2.2.2 directly and install it to my phone from above website from convolution :

"I've been using it for 4.4.2, and I was worried that it wouldn't work for 4.4.3, but it still does. You just need this kernel:
http://xdaforums.com/nexu...2-0-0-t2232898"

and I also didn't know how to use it (semaphore 2.2.2)
After install that semaphore and install it to my phone then I install touch control, but unfortunately I still cannot load semaphore 2.2.1 then touch control find another kernel automatically then install it directly and reboot my phone. Finally after reboot my WI-FI immediately cannot turn-on

Could you please help

Are you sure that the kernel is installed 2.2.2?
I think we should uninstall "touch control" before installing the kernel.
On reboot,reinstall "Touch Control".
At the first launch of "Touch Control", the app ask me the kernel and I choose "semaphore 2.2.1".

I hope it helps you.

felixadhit

Jun 12, 2014
Are you sure that the kernel is installed 2.2.2?
I think we should uninstall "touch control" before installing the kernel.
On reboot,reinstall "Touch Control".
At the first launch of "Touch Control", the app ask me the kernel and I choose "semaphore 2.2.1".

I hope it helps you.

Sure I have installed semaphore 2.2.2 but I download it directly from google store not with the same way as you do because I don't know how to install (flash) like you have done, I don't understand
Could you please explain

Thanks before

Sebinto

Dec 22, 2011
Sure I have installed semaphore 2.2.2 but I download it directly from google store not with the same way as you do because I don't know how to install (flash) like you have done, I don't understand
Could you please explain

Thanks before

When you go to the "about the phone" menu, what is the kernel version? For me it's "3.4.91-Semaphore_N4_2.2.2".

To my knowledge, it's not possible to install the Semaphore kernel from the play store.

You can download the zip file from here : www dot semaphore.gr/kernels/Semaphore_N4_2.2.2.zip

And install it with your recovery with the "install from zip" option.

Top Liked Posts