New firmware XXJP2 seems to be....FROYO!!!!And it s for tomorrow 12PM!!

Search This thread

medimel

Jul 24, 2010
Tweet of SamsungFirmware annuncing it just now.We ll see if it s real for few hours.impatient to see how my SGS will work with it!!
Hope it s not a fake or a bad beta rom...

gravis86

Jun 5, 2010
Kirkland, WA

From Google Translate:
New Android 2.2 Firmware I9000XXJP2 (27-Jul-2010)
The I9000XXJP2 is still being tested by our Russian friends, and should soon (possibly today) on http://samsung-firmware.webs.com be published.

The description of the firmware is already confusing, because "P" means the 16th Months of the year .... July is really "G".

If someone faster than I should be: please post here the download link! Thank you.

----
UPDATE: it is about samsung-firmware.webs.com tomorrow (July 28th) around noon (13 hours to go ").

Northwoodinc

Jul 26, 2010
Manchester
It will be on Keis for anyone set to the XX region. Samsung-firmwares does not have the firmware yet, that is bs. Samsung leaked the news of release today. He will download it to his phone, back it up, then reupload it to his site.

kcharng

Jul 3, 2010
bangkok
Excited to see those numbers. But wouldn't get the hope up too high. Wth all the 3rd party fixes pushing the limit, I wonder how froyo will compare.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Intratech

Jun 15, 2009
London
It will be on Keis for anyone set to the XX region. Samsung-firmwares does not have the firmware yet, that is bs. Samsung leaked the news of release today. He will download it to his phone, back it up, then reupload it to his site.

This will be on KIES in September. He's already flashed it and posted screenshots so your talking a load of crap.

Northwoodinc

Jul 26, 2010
Manchester
I am not trying to get any one upset, But look again mate, those pics are from Samsung he even said so. Why do you think he will not upload now if he had it. You do not know the guy do you... He is one of the reasons, Samsung blocked the server so no one can get the firmwares before they release them. He does not "release firmware" he copies them and re posts them.

Last edited:

nicoloco

Feb 9, 2007
Sydney
I am not trying to get any one upset, But look again mate, those pics are from Samsung he even said so. Why do you think he will not upload now if he had it. You do not know the guy do you... He is one of the reasons, Samsung blocked the server so no one can get the firmwares before they release them. He does not "release firmware" he copies them and re posts them.

I don't think anybody expect more from him that copying the fw and re posting them on this website ...
What's your problem exactly ?

lenrek

Jun 29, 2010

I looked at the link, I don't think I saw him saying the screenshots were from Samsung. He did claim downloading the official firmware from Samsung, and is still a test firmware though.

appelflap

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht

miker71

Jun 8, 2010
nr. Portsmouth
miker.biz
I'm confident we'll see a Froyo release as stated.

As to the origins of the firmware - who cares! It's a working Froyo build that can be pulled apart by the chefs, it may even be able to form the basis of a AOSP build.

laxtor

Apr 29, 2009
Lenzburg
What do you think about this? (From Twitter of Samsung-Firmware.tk (twitter.com/SamsungFirmware)

You have to copy the link to the image. Can't post links outside of XDA =/
img.xsince.ch/images/t84sx7a51l17sjqvm7l.png