Bodhi Linux

Search This thread

JeffHoogland

Mar 26, 2010
Bloomington, IL
jeffhoogland.com
The port has all the hardware functionality any Linux distro has on the touchpad - but the GUI is more touch-optimized than most others you will find.

If we can get audio and full 3D working under a mainline kernel Bodhi will be awesome on this little guy :)

~Jeff

Nburnes

Sep 4, 2010
Google Pixel 5a
The port has all the hardware functionality any Linux distro has on the touchpad - but the GUI is more touch-optimized than most others you will find.

If we can get audio and full 3D working under a mainline kernel Bodhi will be awesome on this little guy :)

~Jeff

I assume it uses the E17 "tablet" profile for the GUI?

P.S you're in Bloomington, I'm about 2hrs north in Kankakee.

Nburnes

Sep 4, 2010
Google Pixel 5a
It uses Bodhi's "tablet" profile which is based loosely on E17's Illume - but it has been a bit finer tuned over the last year.

I drive past Kankakee every time I go back to Chicago to visit family xD

~Jeff

Are there any pictures of said OS running on said device? This is all rather interesting to me. Sure Arch/Ubuntu/Debian are all nifty, but a more touch intuitive OS sounds like more fun.

JeffHoogland

Mar 26, 2010
Bloomington, IL
jeffhoogland.com
I haven't had time to do videos/images of the touch pad personally running Bodhi yet.

There are plenty of Youtube videos of our tablet profile running on everything from the Dell Duo to an ArchOS Gen8 tablet though.

~Jeff

Top Liked Posts