[Q] Remove MSN Money & MSN Weather from Dash3G

Search This thread

DJGhost

Mar 6, 2009
Hey guys,
Need your expertise; Is there a way to remove MSN weather or MSN Money from my -Mobile Dash3G?

I want to keep the original T-Mobile flash but those 2 apps are just taking space for nothing.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• MSN.png
    MSN.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 35

cubbieblue123

Aug 8, 2010
Hook up your phone with ActiveSync and go into file explorer. Open up the windows folder, then start menu. You can delete stuff from start screen there.

DJGhost

Mar 6, 2009
add or remove programs in your settings :rolleyes:
Those 2 apps dont show up on "Add or Remove Programs". T-Mobile disable that from uninstalling but I was hoping there's a trick to uninstalling them.

Hook up your phone with ActiveSync and go into file explorer. Open up the windows folder, then start menu. You can delete stuff from start screen there.
If I do that, won't that corrupt files on the phone since Im really not uninstalling them?

cubbieblue123

Aug 8, 2010
I dont think so because it's like you're deleting shortcuts off that menu. So I don't know how to completely remove those programs. Then again how can you completely remove any program anyway. :)

coolpixs4

Mar 7, 2011
I dont think so because it's like you're deleting shortcuts off that menu. So I don't know how to completely remove those programs. Then again how can you completely remove any program anyway. :)

Reference link:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...nstalled/7bad6dc7-d042-4bc2-8516-c9eeaeb5af58

I have found the solution to the various posts listed on not being able to get rid of an uninstalled prog in the remove progs window. Using MemMaid 2.3 go jump to/databases/database usage, highlight SwMgmtMetadataStore and click browse, highlight offending entry and delete it. Then do and soft reset and you will find that the prog is no longer in the remove prog window. Hope this helps.