[ROM][6 March 2012][Alpha]Pyr-O-Ice FUTUREAL 1.0.0 (Sense 4.0,Android 4.0.3,OC1.5Ghz)

Search This thread

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Pyr'O'Ice Futureal 1.0.0 Alpha - Sense 4.0, Android 4.0.3

Based on Endeavour Leak (HTC One X), using library/framework from the Virtuous S4X build 3 ROM by VirtuousTeam (www.virtuousrom.com). Resized to WVGA as little as this is possible currently, whichi means HTC widgets and Rosie homes are usable and scaled (but gfx is still huge in the binary m10 files, eating much memory unluckily...wvga would need only fourth of the size of 720p resolution HTC One X has. Also many apps still would need a resize, like Calendar/Weather/Gallery).

Credits:
- HTC,
- Kornyone,
- VirtuousTeam
- mdeejay
- Diamondback

Screenshots :
5e15a7e1-6e60-a77f.jpg
5e15a7e1-6eae-c8d2.jpg

Video :

FLASH IT AT YOUR OWN RISK! YOU MIGHT BRICK YOUR PHONE! (I DID NOT, BUT BE WARNED!)

0., Use latest CWM recovery and S-off
1., Copy to SDcard
2., Full wipe needed
3., install the zip
4., Read this first post all through for a lot of information that might come handy!!
5. LET IT SETTLE, scan your media, sync your contacts etc. Then REBOOT. Enjoy!
IF YOU'RE S-ON Unlocked, YOU HAVE TO USE FASTBOOT TO FLASH KERNEL(boot.img): Unzip the Installer on PC, look for the file 'boot.img', get fastboot installed on PC. Boot your Phone into Bootloader/Fastboot. Plug in USB, and when phone is in Fastboot USB, type: fastboot flash boot boot.img - S-On boot.img HOW TO by Limewirelord, thx, here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1508556

WARNINGS, ADVICES

- This is an Alpha leak for endeavour, so expect bugs and annoyances. I use it as daily driver, but there are annoyances. Sometimes, rarely a quick soft reboot might happen.

- DON'T EXPECT QUICK UPDATES. Wise move at the moment in sense 4 devving is to wait for HTC One V leak instead, which is a qualcomm device that will have Sense 4.0. Much smarter to wait for that stuff. (HTC One X is Tegra chip, so it's almost a miracle that it works on Sensation and mt4gs)

- DON'T use any other kernels with this, WON'T WORK! Even the pyroice kernels are not gonna work, i had to modify the init scripts in them to let this stuff boot.

- Camcorder DOESNT work

- Use MENU/BACK wake, or Power to wake your phone

- SEARCH button is APP SWITCHER button! (Long home doesnt work, cannot be fixed) Both SEARCH buttons had to be set App switcher, otherwise it didn't work, don't ask for the secondary Search button, it can't happen

- Phone call screen needs resize, You can't access the END CALL button easily, its overlapped with other icons. WORKAROUND: Settings/Accessibility: set Power button ends Call. And there you go, hang up with Power button.

- In Rosie the lowest row of Apps is not easily accessible, half covered. It needs resize yet. User SEARCH icon on top of Rosie, to search for the app you want to start as a workaround. Another workaround: in apps press menu: Edit tabs and remove Frequent and the other icon, leave all apps icon only. Buttons will disappear and you have all app icons visible!!

- Slight lags on scrolling, fast movements. Some transient glitches here and there while switch apps etc.

- Don't use Camera in burst mode, it will render it unusuable after a few pictures taken, and it won't really be burst shots either, just single shots. If you cant take pictures after a while (burst mode triggered this for me), reboot

- Bluetooth works, but you must switch the your bt device to Pairing mode, otherwise it wont appear in the list. After, you must go into the paired Bluetooth devices settings and tap the service you want to use. After this, reconnection should work next time, without repairing.

- Bluetooth remote control doesnt seem to work here

- Video playback is choppy

- The HTC Touch keyboard in prediction mode is scrumbling words...use preinstalled ICS keyboard instead, or switch of prediction for HTC Touch (Settings/Input)

- DON'T remove any desktops of the 7 default desktops from your Rosie Home screen, otherwise it will crash later AND you will lose the Dock icons permanently, until you wipe the HTC Sense app's data in Titanium Backup

- YOU CAN'T replace Dock icons, so don't even try, you won't be able to put any icons back. You can remove them, but not put back. If you borked it, wipe HTC Sense app data in Titanium Backup, and you start with a fresh home.

- It's adviced to make a nandroid backup after you set up everything. So far, here it's quite stable a ROM (apart from a lot of memory shortage), but if a warm bootloop might happen for some reason and you get corrupted, nandroid backup will come handy.

- After a while, memory (especially GPU memory), will get too low and too garbaged, and you will have to reboot, if you want to run more than one apps at a time.

- wallpapers are tricky in Rosie, you should create a larger image to have the center of the wallpaper on your homescreen. Seems buggy (it is in the Sensation ports as well, afaik)

- Videochat apps will crash (gtalk video chat, google hangout, skype ect.)

- Sometimes i got stuck with the Screen ON, and couldnt switch it off with Power button. Found out that Pressing POWER + VolDown + Trackpad makes screen off, and it fixes it, you can use the phone fine again after that.

- Standard widgets will appear half downsized (rosie resize was done in a non-perfect way, Sense 4.0 m10 file format doesn't have an editor tool, it was pure luck that i finally got a way to resize it for the htc widgets at least), so it's advices to use the HTC widgets mostly.

- SD card USB storage mounting: use dualmount sd market app, or the scripts found in the other Pyroice threads.

- Many heavy apps, especially 3d might freeze / crash.

- GPS works here

- And one last good news: No mono music bug with this rom (couldn't fix that with thy Pyroice Sense 3.6) :)

DOWNLOAD:
md5sum 1494f3affcb305b3116e947216c9c03d pyr-o-ice_FUTURE_ICS_1.0.0.zip
http://www.4shared.com/zip/vX0B1Cv7/pyr-o-ice_FUTURE_ICS_100.html
mirrors
none yet

Hit the thanks button if you like it. Please consider donation through this url to paypal, some good beers and coffee.

PLEASE, DON'T KANG THIS ROM! CONTACT ME IF YOU WANT TO CREATE MODS FOR IT. THANKS!

UPDATES
None yet since 1.0.0. alpha

I'm updating new things on @illespal http://twitter.com/illespal follow it there,
and https://plus.google.com/104117834086133689848/posts on gplus.

History:
1.0.0 alpha - Mar 6 2012

Last edited:

cybot_x1024

Jun 24, 2010
Nairobi
Btw the camera has some very nice effects (click on magnifier)
Also don't forget to switch off the auto burst in camera settings menu (burst shot will render camera stuck after a few images taken, till reboot)

sent from HTC Doubleshot pyroiced

HTC OneX rom already on the doubleshot!?! :eek: @illespal you are a god!
ion is it possible to get the camera app on this in the next pyroICE ICS(sensless) rom?

rawdaddymagraden

Nov 17, 2011
Mo-Ville
So I was really curious about this rom so I flashed it and used it for about 2 hours and I love it...... It is so beaatiful and is full of new features the possibilities for this are great. Mind you I flashed back to pyrosense cuz this is far from being a daily driver yet but I am very excited

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

AgentCherryColla

Jan 15, 2012
Carpentersville
Amazing! God, all the Sense haters should see Sense 4.0.
For being a Alpha is pretty great, just a lot of RAM issues. Even using a script, RAM Manager, or AutoKiller won't help.

Keep up the great work :D

Last edited:

godbilla

Jan 26, 2011
Seems very smooth for being an alpha, i think it could easily be run as a daily.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

tbalden

Recognized Developer
I use it as a daily for now, aware that some of the heavire 3d apps just won't start. The culprit of this tegra chip/720p stuff is that the mode10 files cannot be modded yet to downsize them (and the gfx is just 4 times bigger in bytes than wvga would have), and that the graphical allocatr/ hardware composer cannot be fully the sensation ones. So I don't plan on fixing this rom with updates. I'm waiting for other leaks that are for qualcomm devices (one s or one v). And then overhaul this totally.

Camera can't be used on sense 3.6, depends much on sense 4 framework.

sent from HTC Doubleshot pyroiced

_atlien_

May 23, 2010
ATL shawty!
No frikkin way I'm gonna try this as a daily driver but I'm sure I'll spend half the day playing around with it anyway. Really, really nice work tbalden. Can't overstate my gratitude for your Doubleshot contributions.

Sent from my HTC myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Ohgami_Ichiro

Jun 18, 2010
Tacoma
"Football:
Ville, Primo, Endeavor RUUs are coming soon :p"

Looks like you will get your new leaks soon

Sent from my unrooted, stock, Black myTouch 4G Slide using XDA Premium App.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pyr'O'Ice Futureal 1.0.0 Alpha - Sense 4.0, Android 4.0.3

Based on Endeavour Leak (HTC One X), using library/framework from the Virtuous S4X build 3 ROM by VirtuousTeam (www.virtuousrom.com). Resized to WVGA as little as this is possible currently, whichi means HTC widgets and Rosie homes are usable and scaled (but gfx is still huge in the binary m10 files, eating much memory unluckily...wvga would need only fourth of the size of 720p resolution HTC One X has. Also many apps still would need a resize, like Calendar/Weather/Gallery).

Credits:
    - HTC,
    - Kornyone,
    - VirtuousTeam
    - mdeejay
    - Diamondback

Screenshots :
    5e15a7e1-6e60-a77f.jpg
    5e15a7e1-6eae-c8d2.jpg

Video :

FLASH IT AT YOUR OWN RISK! YOU MIGHT BRICK YOUR PHONE! (I DID NOT, BUT BE WARNED!)

0., Use latest CWM recovery and S-off
    1., Copy to SDcard
    2., Full wipe needed
    3., install the zip
    4., Read this first post all through for a lot of information that might come handy!!
    5. LET IT SETTLE, scan your media, sync your contacts etc. Then REBOOT. Enjoy!
    IF YOU'RE S-ON Unlocked, YOU HAVE TO USE FASTBOOT TO FLASH KERNEL(boot.img): Unzip the Installer on PC, look for the file 'boot.img', get fastboot installed on PC. Boot your Phone into Bootloader/Fastboot. Plug in USB, and when phone is in Fastboot USB, type: fastboot flash boot boot.img - S-On boot.img HOW TO by Limewirelord, thx, here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1508556

WARNINGS, ADVICES

- This is an Alpha leak for endeavour, so expect bugs and annoyances. I use it as daily driver, but there are annoyances. Sometimes, rarely a quick soft reboot might happen.

- DON'T EXPECT QUICK UPDATES. Wise move at the moment in sense 4 devving is to wait for HTC One V leak instead, which is a qualcomm device that will have Sense 4.0. Much smarter to wait for that stuff. (HTC One X is Tegra chip, so it's almost a miracle that it works on Sensation and mt4gs)

- DON'T use any other kernels with this, WON'T WORK! Even the pyroice kernels are not gonna work, i had to modify the init scripts in them to let this stuff boot.

- Camcorder DOESNT work

- Use MENU/BACK wake, or Power to wake your phone

- SEARCH button is APP SWITCHER button! (Long home doesnt work, cannot be fixed) Both SEARCH buttons had to be set App switcher, otherwise it didn't work, don't ask for the secondary Search button, it can't happen

- Phone call screen needs resize, You can't access the END CALL button easily, its overlapped with other icons. WORKAROUND: Settings/Accessibility: set Power button ends Call. And there you go, hang up with Power button.

- In Rosie the lowest row of Apps is not easily accessible, half covered. It needs resize yet. User SEARCH icon on top of Rosie, to search for the app you want to start as a workaround. Another workaround: in apps press menu: Edit tabs and remove Frequent and the other icon, leave all apps icon only. Buttons will disappear and you have all app icons visible!!

- Slight lags on scrolling, fast movements. Some transient glitches here and there while switch apps etc.

- Don't use Camera in burst mode, it will render it unusuable after a few pictures taken, and it won't really be burst shots either, just single shots. If you cant take pictures after a while (burst mode triggered this for me), reboot

- Bluetooth works, but you must switch the your bt device to Pairing mode, otherwise it wont appear in the list. After, you must go into the paired Bluetooth devices settings and tap the service you want to use. After this, reconnection should work next time, without repairing.

- Bluetooth remote control doesnt seem to work here

- Video playback is choppy

- The HTC Touch keyboard in prediction mode is scrumbling words...use preinstalled ICS keyboard instead, or switch of prediction for HTC Touch (Settings/Input)

- DON'T remove any desktops of the 7 default desktops from your Rosie Home screen, otherwise it will crash later AND you will lose the Dock icons permanently, until you wipe the HTC Sense app's data in Titanium Backup

- YOU CAN'T replace Dock icons, so don't even try, you won't be able to put any icons back. You can remove them, but not put back. If you borked it, wipe HTC Sense app data in Titanium Backup, and you start with a fresh home.

- It's adviced to make a nandroid backup after you set up everything. So far, here it's quite stable a ROM (apart from a lot of memory shortage), but if a warm bootloop might happen for some reason and you get corrupted, nandroid backup will come handy.

- After a while, memory (especially GPU memory), will get too low and too garbaged, and you will have to reboot, if you want to run more than one apps at a time.

- wallpapers are tricky in Rosie, you should create a larger image to have the center of the wallpaper on your homescreen. Seems buggy (it is in the Sensation ports as well, afaik)

- Videochat apps will crash (gtalk video chat, google hangout, skype ect.)

- Sometimes i got stuck with the Screen ON, and couldnt switch it off with Power button. Found out that Pressing POWER + VolDown + Trackpad makes screen off, and it fixes it, you can use the phone fine again after that.

- Standard widgets will appear half downsized (rosie resize was done in a non-perfect way, Sense 4.0 m10 file format doesn't have an editor tool, it was pure luck that i finally got a way to resize it for the htc widgets at least), so it's advices to use the HTC widgets mostly.

- SD card USB storage mounting: use dualmount sd market app, or the scripts found in the other Pyroice threads.

- Many heavy apps, especially 3d might freeze / crash.

- GPS works here

- And one last good news: No mono music bug with this rom (couldn't fix that with thy Pyroice Sense 3.6) :)

DOWNLOAD:
    md5sum 1494f3affcb305b3116e947216c9c03d pyr-o-ice_FUTURE_ICS_1.0.0.zip
    http://www.4shared.com/zip/vX0B1Cv7/pyr-o-ice_FUTURE_ICS_100.html
    mirrors
    none yet

Hit the thanks button if you like it. Please consider donation through this url to paypal, some good beers and coffee.

PLEASE, DON'T KANG THIS ROM! CONTACT ME IF YOU WANT TO CREATE MODS FOR IT. THANKS!

UPDATES
    None yet since 1.0.0. alpha

I'm updating new things on @illespal http://twitter.com/illespal follow it there,
    and https://plus.google.com/104117834086133689848/posts on gplus.

History:
    1.0.0 alpha - Mar 6 2012
    Can't wait till this Rom gets the rebase. Sense 4 is so amazing, and super fast. The UI is amazing, and the new Sense look is Sexy :D

Sent from my HTC myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

you gonna have some sooner or later (dont hold breath, but yes, its gonna happen). i've joined the Virtuous team recently. we're on it. :)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1532893

Im not 100% sure, but this is a system dump of the HTC One S. I guess it's 480 x 800. Not sure if it can be useful, but eh :D

it is just a skin for the clock widget