[Q] HTC One Stuck Pixels - Anyone Else?

Have you got any stuck pixels on HTC One screen?

• NO stuck pixels.

Votes: 91 32.9%
  • YES, one stuck pixel.

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • YES, two or more stuck pixels.

Votes: 86 31.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Kukubski

Oct 31, 2012
Hi,

I have noticed that there are some stuck pixels on my HTC One screen by accident when using camera in the dark.
Has anyone else noticed stuck pixels on their device?

A 'stuck pixel' as opposed to 'dead pixel' is a permanently lit pixel (white in my case, clearly visible on black background) on a LCD display.

jonstatt

Mar 17, 2008
Hi,

I have noticed that there are some stuck pixels on my HTC One screen by accident when using camera in the dark.
Has anyone else noticed stuck pixels on their device?

A 'stuck pixel' as opposed to 'dead pixel' is a permanently lit pixel (white in my case, clearly visible on black background) on a LCD display.

I thought I had two stuck pixels, but it seems to be a slight flaw in the glue between the glass and screen. For example, if the brightness is set to auto so that it dims in a dark room, I cannot see any dots. But if the brightness is high, and then view in a dim room with a black screen displayed, I see two dots. Those dots change in brightness depending on the angle I hold the phone. You may have real stuck pixels, but I just wanted to mention this weird phenomena that can look like them.

Kukubski

Oct 31, 2012
I'm considering contacting Phones4U with that issue. There should not be any display defects on a brand new, quality handset.

mattlovell90

Mar 28, 2013
Kingsteignton
I did my third exchange this morning and finally got a flawless unit. Well worth it, and I would agree that there shouldn't be any pixels stuck on a brand new handset, especially if you are going to have it for 2 years!

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Will.1

Sep 9, 2009
yea i got a stuck one as well. It's in the last row on the far far left side of the phone so not noticeable but I know it's there ...
Shouldn't get this on a phone this expensive.

On the other hand my as well as many others on the forum's S3's screens were pretty horrible so i guess it's hard to get a perfect one.

Where are your pixels located ? is it enough to warrant a return ? thing is i got mine from phones4u in the UK but i'm in France now so wondering if I should send it back to HTC ?

edit: DAMNNNN just did the black picture test, so now I have at least 5 stuck pixels, wtf???

Last edited:

cherchieh

Apr 9, 2013
Pixel Fixer

there's an app in Play Store by the name of Pixel Fixer or something like that. There are a few free versions you could try identify if there is any dead pixels and it'll try to fix them. It worked for my old Motorola Defy, it might work for the One.

EDIT: sorry, it fixes stuck pixels...dead pixels are, well, basically dead...can't do anything about those.

Last edited:

Kukubski

Oct 31, 2012
there's an app in Play Store by the name of Pixel Fixer or something like that. There are a few free versions you could try identify if there is any dead pixels and it'll try to fix them. It worked for my old Motorola Defy, it might work for the One.

EDIT: sorry, it fixes stuck pixels...dead pixels are, well, basically dead...can't do anything about those.

I'll try the Pixel Fixer and if it doesn't work will get in touch with P4U,

Funkym0nkey

Jul 10, 2007
Moving around in the ancient land
Dear god not again.
This was same thing had happened with One X launch. I had to return 4 devices back to HTC to get the one without any dead pixels, or screen separation issue back then.
This time I have Developer edition on pre-order. If this one has dead pixels, I am simply going to return it and wont bother again. I am not going through the same thing I went with One X again in my life.

Will.1

Sep 9, 2009
Na pixel fixing apps don't work for me
Man this is a real shame, might wait a bit for better versions to come and return this one to HTC even though i don't want to, such a great device.
This should not be happening on a high end phone like this. Gaps, dead pixels and hissing noise...

gyaku_zuki

May 16, 2011
Belfast
I have a small trapezium of stuck pixels, show up on green and white as bright, right on the edge on the left, about 3cm from the top of the screen. I'd say, given the pixel density on this screen, mine is a cluster of at least 4.

I debated internally about it for a week as it wasn't that noticeable, and the phone is otherwise free of the other common defects, tried pixel fixer apps as I'm certain it wasn't there on first turn-on, but have contacted the Three store who will replace. Here's hoping my 3rd (technically 4th) HTC One will be my perfect one.

I will be checking it in store for bulges, pixels, hissing, camera and so on haha!

gingercat

Oct 1, 2006
Lancaster
I've got a single dead pixel on the RHS about 2/3 of the way up the screen (in portrait mode). Can't decide whether to live with it or send back to affordablemofiles for replacement. Pixel fixing apps had no effect.

hmillhouse

Nov 14, 2008
Spent ages in phones4u picking out a phone with no dead pixels, took three box openings.

Now found I have two bright stuck pixels! It's going back!

With one I bought online & returned previously, 4/4 have had pixel issues.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

luqythewise

Mar 1, 2013
Bradford/London

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pixel Fixer

After reading all these posts, it looks like the majority of the units are defective, and the people who claim theirs are perfect, probably aren't looking hard enough because they don't want to find any.

Regardless, nothing in this life is perfect, so you might as well get used to any imperfections on your phone and claim that phone as your own!
    I have 7 dead pixels. This is crap. Wondering now as lots of people have this issue if HTC are cutting corners to make extra profits.

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium
    So sad. Also keep pressing 3 dot menu when trying to press spacebar is so annoying.

Mine is going back and getting s4. Wanted a change and regret it.

Sending mine back Monday. Getting s4