[ROM][v500][awifi][KK][4.4.2][UNOFFICIAL] Omni 4.4 w/ multi-window [20140514]

Search This thread

paperWastage

Mar 18, 2009
NJ
[ROM][v500][awifi] Omni 4.4 build w/ multiwindow

Code:
*** Disclamer

This is only for the v500 WIFI-only model (product name awifi)
NOTE: I have not tested this build myself because I don't own an LG G Pad tablet (yet).

If you are afraid, then wait for someone else to test it

Introduction
I'm basically just curious and willing to learn, and fill in the gap when there is a gap (eg no one compiling a custom ROM/kernel for a device, and sources/device-tree/kernel are available, I'll try to do it)

I try to post steps/sources so that other people can learn/follow as well.

If someone wants to take over compiling this ROM, go ahead.

If I don't update the build for a long time, PM me to remind me.

Installation instructions
  1. Need custom recovery (TWRP, ...?)
  2. Do nandroid backup in recovery
  3. Wipe dalvik/cache/system
  4. This ROM is only for v500 wifi-version only.
  5. Flash this OMNI 4.4.2 ROM. boot.img will be LOKI-patched during flash.
  6. (optional) Flash gapps-4.4 (find it yourself), flash SuperSU (find it yourself)
  7. reboot to ROM

Download
Current ROMs:
[20140514] pure Omni | DL: http://d-h.st/pwn
[20140514] Omni w/ multi window patch #18 | DL: http://d-h.st/vXX

Flashable zips:
[20140514] multiwindow flashable zip - someone teach me how to do this?
(flash this zip on top of a pure Omni ROM)

Bugs?
What doesn't work?
- Anything that's broken on CM11 is broken here too
- You tell me

Thanks To/Credits
Code:
cyanogenmod dev team for source/kernel build-up
omni team for omni source
drgravy for TWRP
anyone else who contributed to the development of v500/v510/vk810

Sources:

Last edited:

Mountainjew

Oct 17, 2009
Belfast
Thank you for this!! Been using this on my phone for months and dying to have it on my tablet :victory: :laugh:

Edit: Installation went perfectly and no issues so far!

Last edited:
Reactions: Barracuda77777

paperWastage

Mar 18, 2009
NJ
Work Great Btw. The multi-window also seems to work fine from the little testing I did.
I just got this tablet myself.

last I tried multi-window (on another device), i believe each "side" of the split-screen is "standalone"

(i.e. you have google maps on the left side of the screen, gmail on right. If you try to click on a hyperlink on google maps, chrome (or whatever your default browser is) will open up on the left replacing google maps)

wonder if it's possible to open chrome up on the right, so you get "better" multi-window/multi-tasking because your original app and "newly launched" apps are running side by side

Last edited:

Utakos

Aug 13, 2007
Norwich
last I tried multi-window (on another device), i believe each "side" of the split-screen is "standalone"

(i.e. you have google maps on the left side of the screen, gmail on right. If you try to click on a hyperlink on google maps, chrome (or whatever your default browser is) will open up on the left replacing google maps)

wonder if it's possible to open chrome up on the right, so you get "better" multi-window/multi-tasking

I have been rooting and installing various roms on all of my android phones but for some unknown reason I am wanting to be over protective with my tablet so I am sorry for asking but,
What were you running before updating?
I know it lists what you must have before installing but how did you do it?

Reactions: wuyanks

paperWastage

Mar 18, 2009
NJ
I have been rooting and installing various roms on all of my android phones but for some unknown reason I am wanting to be over protective with my tablet so I am sorry for asking but,
What were you running before updating?
I know it lists what you must have before installing but how did you do it?

i don't own a LG G Pad

as long as you already have a custom recovery installed (which requires initial root), and have a nandroid backup on the device itself AND on your computer, you should be fine

ask the other people who've already flashed it

I'm using almost the same device tree from CM11 (only need to convert the CM file structure-> omni file structure, no other changes), so there shouldn't be any unexpected surprises when you flash the ROM

Last edited:
Reactions: Barracuda77777

xyojimbox

Aug 12, 2010
I flashed this Last night and did flash the super user zip but I still diff not have root doff I miss a step?

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

eagles5

Feb 11, 2006
I stupidly did not flash St along with the multi window version and gapps. Now I can't get SU to work from the playstore. It says it needs to update binary but fails when it tries. I assume I need to flash the SU zip from my twrp recovery?

Anyone know how to get into recovery without root access? I was using a app that only works with root.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Barracuda77777

Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Xiaomi Mi 6
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
I stupidly did not flash St along with the multi window version and gapps. Now I can't get SU to work from the playstore. It says it needs to update binary but fails when it tries. I assume I need to flash the SU zip from my twrp recovery?

Anyone know how to get into recovery without root access? I was using a app that only works with root.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Boot into recovery via buttons LG G pad: http://youtu.be/uo3YfszOPsQ

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

eagles5

Feb 11, 2006
Yep I can get into recovery. For some reason trip wasn't able to install the latest supersu zip. Said it couldn't open it. So I'll try an older zip tonight.

I guess I still have root but I don't have root access due to lack of super user installed?

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

One thing I'm wondering. Is really flashing supersu through twrp sufficient to gain root? I've only hooked up my devices to run batch scripts in order to gain root so the idea of gaining root merely through flashing a zip is new to me.

paperWastage

Mar 18, 2009
NJ
Yep I can get into recovery. For some reason trip wasn't able to install the latest supersu zip. Said it couldn't open it. So I'll try an older zip tonight.

I guess I still have root but I don't have root access due to lack of super user installed?

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

One thing I'm wondering. Is really flashing supersu through twrp sufficient to gain root? I've only hooked up my devices to run batch scripts in order to gain root so the idea of gaining root merely through flashing a zip is new to me.

TWRP should also warn you when you reboot TWRP after flashing a ROM without SuperSU...

Flashing the root update.zip will gain root.... TWRP/adb/fastboot is a lot easier than running batch scripts that use exploits (unless you are stock without TWRP, and you need exploit like Towelroot to intially root)

eagles5

Feb 11, 2006
TWRP should also warn you when you reboot TWRP after flashing a ROM without SuperSU...

Flashing the root update.zip will gain root.... TWRP/adb/fastboot is a lot easier than running batch scripts that use exploits (unless you are stock without TWRP, and you need exploit like Towelroot to intially root)

Yep I got it straightened out. Used a slightly older Supersu zip and it worked great.

Top Liked Posts