[ROM] Rwilco12's Mostly Stock NE5 v1.6TD (9/20/14) (Updater, Debloated, and more!)

Search This thread

kmcphee

Jun 4, 2014
New Port Richey, Florida
I've never heard of that one before. But I'm a pretty simply guy that doesn't run a lot of stuff that syncs, mostly just email. Is it possible its an app that is trying to sync? You could try freezing those so they don't run for a while, check your settings/accounts, especially the Google one and uncheck anything in there you don't need to sync like Picasa for example.
Plus its might be hard for you to track down if its pretty intermittent.

Ive seen that on MOAR it happens once in a while at home. It has to do with WiFi it happens pretty quick its not a rom problem. Last week brighthouse modem was acting up nothing to worry about

Reactions: tdunham

scottegos2

Oct 9, 2011
Are PRL and Profile updates supposed to be possible on v1.6TD? They are not working on my phone, as far as I can tell! :(
I know they apparently work for others (everyone else?) but just FWIW, not for me. I even tried the following experiment: I installed the venum ice rom, also NE5-based, and PRL updates worked. Then I dirty-flashed rddt 1.6td on top of that (I know that's a dumb idea, in general), and the updates stopped working. So... *something* about rddt 1.5td and my phone makes PRL and Profile updates not work. I guess I'll use a different rom; but I thought you guys would want to know that it might be a problem going forward for others.

scottegos2

Oct 9, 2011
Replying to myself again. I hope I'm not going crazy! Anyway, I thought that I should, in fairness, follow up. It seems that this is actually a problem with Adblock Plus, not this ROM. I didn't realize before, since shesh's ROM has its own integral ad blocking. I'm back on RW v1.6, since I like it so much I'm grudgingly willing to put up with the occasional irritating banner ad in a couple apps that I use.

tdunham

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
Replying to myself again. I hope I'm not going crazy! Anyway, I thought that I should, in fairness, follow up. It seems that this is actually a problem with Adblock Plus, not this ROM. I didn't realize before, since shesh's ROM has its own integral ad blocking. I'm back on RW v1.6, since I like it so much I'm grudgingly willing to put up with the occasional irritating banner ad in a couple apps that I use.
That was what was preventing updates for PRL & Profile? That's just strange.
You can try Adaway:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2190753

dlbaker1179

Sep 17, 2010
WI
I looked back through posts, didn't see anything about a flashable zip to remove am/pm from the status bar clock... If not can we get one made?

TIA

seattleal

Aug 10, 2014
Updating to v1.6TD

I've been away from this thread for a while, but have been using v1.4 since early Sept and am very pleased with it. It is stable and dependable and I am reluctant to move from it.

I've looked at the changelog, and other than getting rid of the annoying bluetooth popup, I don't see much advantage to updating to 1.6TD.

So what am I missing/risking by not upgrading to 1.6TD?

rwilco12

😺 Recognised Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
I looked back through posts, didn't see anything about a flashable zip to remove am/pm from the status bar clock... If not can we get one made?

TIA
I haven't had much time lately but will see if I can do something. No promises on timeframe though. Work has me swamped. :(

rwilco12

I've been away from this thread for a while, but have been using v1.4 since early Sept and am very pleased with it. It is stable and dependable and I am reluctant to move from it.

I've looked at the changelog, and other than getting rid of the annoying bluetooth popup, I don't see much advantage to updating to 1.6TD.

So what am I missing/risking by not upgrading to 1.6TD?

1.6TD is just as stable as 1.4 but comes with Floating Message which is by far my favorite mod in this build.
@tdunham also released a few add on patches a few pages back that add even more cool functions.

rwilco12

Hey Roy, I know you hate material design and all but when 5.0 ota comes you really need to make a rom

Ugh! You had to put me on the spot! :p

I may just have to deal with the material design aspects and come up with something after that...

Thanks for the support man! I love you!

jlc403

Nov 15, 2005
Anyone able to get android pay credit cards added with this rom? Still using it (by far my longest lasting daily driver dating back to my windows ce/mobile days!)

Reactions: rwilco12

metalfan78

Jan 30, 2010
Littleton, CO
Anyone able to get android pay credit cards added with this rom? Still using it (by far my longest lasting daily driver dating back to my windows ce/mobile days!)
I don't think the problem is with any particular rom. From what I have read, Pay has had issues with that lately and is unusable if you are rooted. Some have had success by disabling root, setting up Pay, then enabling root again, but I went back to Wallet v8 and everything works fine.

Reactions: rwilco12

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rwilco12's Mostly Stock NE5

As many of you know, I've spent so long dealing with all these stock ROM's and never really branched out into the world of custom ROM's. I can never find a ROM that is 100% what I want. I find a lot that come close but never 100%. So I decided to branch out and try my hand at making my own custom ROM. That being said, this is my ROM. I made it for me. I'll take requests and do what I can but ultimately I'm building a ROM that is my daily ROM and does what I need it to the way I want it to. I'm sharing with everyone but I'm putting myself at your mercy to play nice. So without further ado...

The ROM:
    - NE5 Stock Deodexed Base
    - Rwilco12's Updater (ability to install mods, apps, etc on the fly)
    - Native Call Recording
    - Wi-Fi & USB Hotspot enabled
    - 360 Degree Rotation
    - Recents Button Switched with Menu
    - Long Press Home for Recents
    - Download Booster Enabled
    - Carrier Lockscreen Text Removed
    - Battery & Charger Cover Prompts Removed
    - S-Find & Quick Connect Removed from Below Toggles (S-Find still available through button above toggles to the left of the date)
    - System Apps Updated to Latest Versions
    - Wireless Charging Pop-Up Removed
    - Debloated (Removed Apps available through Updater)
    - Removed Safe Volume Warning
    - Customized CSC Default Workspaces
    - Full Battery Notification Removed
    - Extended Reboot Menu
    - True 1x/3G Signal Indicators
    - Connections Optimizer Removed
    - CRT On/Off Animations

Changelog:
    Mostly Stock NE5 v1.6TD (released 9/20/14)
    - Unsecure Lockscreen Widgets Bug Fixed (for real this time!)
    - Music Skip Mod (Music menu is in settings/sounds)
    - MSL check removed/PRL write enabled
    - Signature Verification check removed
    - Increasing Ringtone disabled
    - Developer Menu enabled by default
    - Bluetooth scan dialog popup removed (Only when BT is enabled from quicksetting toggle)
    - Quick Pin unlock (Phone unlocks automatically once correct pin or password is entered)
    - Floating Messages (Configuration app is accessible from settings/applications, it is enabled by default)

Mostly Stock NE5 v1.5 (released 9/13/14)
    - Finally fixed 3G data icon bug in status bar!
    - Fixed security issues for Lockscreen Widget mod!
    - Lockscreen rotation enabled!
    - More to come!

Mostly Stock NE5 v1.4 (released 9/6/14)
    - Increased animation speeds for faster GUI response!
    - Disabled scrolling cache!
    - Added ability to Read/Write to SDcard!
    - Included minor build.prop tweaks!
    - Minor changes to recents theming (no more ugly green/blue TW color)!
    - Blacked out notifications & quick settings panel!
    - Lockscreen widgets enabled!
    - New boot animation!
    - Other minor bug fixes and enhancements!

Mostly Stock NE5 v1.3 (released 8/7/2014)
    - Wi-Fi & USB Hotspot enabled
    - Enabled 360 rotation
    - Added CRT Animation back! Huge thanks to @Rompnit for fixing it!
    - Removed system update notifiaction nag
    - New custom boot animation
    - More boot animations in the Updater
    - Enabled call/message block in settings
    - Enabled camera shutter sound menu
    - Enabled scheduled messaging
    - Added custom apps in settings
    - Updated system apps
    - Updated Wallpaper Gallery to v3.14
    - Updated Play Store to v4.9.13
    - More recommended apps in the Updater
    - More to come!

Mostly Stock NE5 v1.2 (released 8/1/2014)
    - Removed CRT Animation (until we can get it fixed)
    - Added Permissions Manager
    - Torchlight options (in settings/display)

Mostly Stock NE5 v1.1 (released 7/29/2014)
    - Updated Updater to v3.02
    - Added Boot Animation support
    - Customized CSC Default Workspace
    - Removed any custom theming (in the words of @The Real Sitek "Roy you're a nice guy but you suck at theming!")
    - Removed safe volume warning
    - Removed full battery notification
    - Removed carrier from dropdown shade and replaced it with custom text
    - Added Extended Reboot Menu
    - Added true 1x/3G Signal Icons
    - Removed Connections Optimizer
    - Added CRT On/Off Animation

Mostly Stock NE5 v1.0 - Initial Release (released 7/23/2014)
    - Added Updater v3.01 to ROM
    - Enabled Native Call Recording
    - Recents Button Switched with Menu
    - Long Press Home for Recents
    - Enabled Download Booster
    - Removed Carrier Lockscreen Text
    - Removed Battery & Charger Cover Prompts
    - Removed S-Find & Quick Connect from Below Toggles
    - System Apps Updated to Latest Versions
    - Wireless Charging Pop-Up Removed
    - Debloated (Removed Apps available through Updater)

Credits/Thanks:
    - @CNexus for the base!
    - Huge thanks to @tdunham for his awesome guides that made this ROM possible!
    - @CCallahan - for his root guide.
    - @TeamPATB (@fryingpan0613 @jimmydene84, @The Real Sitek, @elw00d, @cbucz24 & @kenny8504 ) - for just being awesome!
    - @RevelationOmega - for the Download Booster mod.
    - @acquariusoft - for the original Update Me App I based my Updater off of.
    - @garwynn - for being Garwynn and everything he does for all of us!
    - @rompnit - for CRT on/off animation and his support in the threads.
    - @mijjah74 & Team Nocturnal - for the extended reboot menu.
    - @digiblur - for full battery notification removal mod.

Downloads:
    ROM: http://www.rwilco12.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=918
    Other items are currently available through the Updater included within the ROM. More items will be added to the Updater as we progress.

Directions:
    1) Download ROM.
    2) Boot to recovery (I recommend TWRP for flashing and your daily recovery but use Philz for backup/restore due to restore issues with the latest build of TWRP)
    3) Do and advanced wipe and wipe cache, dalvik cache, system and data
    4) Flash the ROM
    5) Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] Rwilco12's Mostly Stock NE5 v1.6TD (9/20/14) (Updater, Debloated, and more!), ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
    rwilco12
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information

Created 2014-10-13
    Last Updated 2014-10-13
    Hidden Menu & PRL Write

To access Hidden Debug Menu go to dialer and enter *#0*#.
    To access PRL Write go to dialer and enter ##3282#.​
    Is this rom no longer getting updates ? Thanks in advance

@tdunham already has my back and gave the appropriate answer. ;)

However, you caught me at a good time so I'll answer your question with a screenshot...

View attachment 2919447

Long story short, yes, there is an update in the works. Other side of the story and to back up what others have said. I do in fact have a life outside of XDA. I have two children, one of which has been sick, my wife's sister is getting married, my brother lost his job and has been living with me, I work in the finance industry and have been going through an external audit for our SAS70/SSAE16, I'm a moderator here on XDA, an admin on Androidfilehost, I host and maintain two sites of my own, and I've overall just been very busy. So if you can bear with me for a little bit longer I promise to have something here soon. :)

Thank you for the support!
    Update is now live! Introducing Rwilco12's Mostly Stock NE5 v1.6TD (TD in honor of @tdunham who did practically the whole update :)).

Changelog below and links in the OP. Enjoy!

Mostly Stock NE5 v1.6TD (released 9/20/14)
    - Unsecure Lockscreen Widgets Bug Fixed (for real this time!)
    - Music Skip Mod (Music menu is in settings/sounds)
    - MSL check removed/PRL write enabled
    - Signature Verification check removed
    - Increasing Ringtone disabled
    - Developer Menu enabled by default
    - Bluetooth scan dialog popup removed (Only when BT is enabled from quicksetting toggle)
    - Quick Pin unlock (Phone unlocks automatically once correct pin or password is entered)
    - Floating Messages (Configuration app is accessible from settings/applications, it is enabled by default)
    Incoming update! Working out one little bug and should have something uploaded tonight or tomorrow! :D

You can expect the following things to be included and maybe a few others...
    • Updater updated to v3.02!
    • New customized CSC workspace (new bookmarks and default homescreens)!
    • Removed safe volume warning!
    • Removed battery full notification!
    • Custom text now in dropdown shade (you'll never guess what it says...)!
    • Extended reboot menu!
    • True 1x & 3G signal icon!
    • CRT on/off animations!
    • Boot animation support!
    • More items in the Updater!
    • And a whole lot more!