Towelroot by: geohot

Search This thread

Demmonnixx

Mar 20, 2013
Just letting everyone know that is does work for this device as well. Not sure if it's been mentioned already or not. If so and it's old news, sorry but didn't see anything posted about here although I didn't look very hard either ;)

On the latest 4.4.4 update. So far so good. Did it's thing in less than 5sec's. Root Check was good, Installed SU from the playstore, said something about the SU Binaries or something, rebooted and bam, that msg doesn't show up anymore and all looks to be good.

Thank you geohot!

Reactions: DMF1977

Captain_FSU

Jul 25, 2014
Cambridge
Bricking and Boot Loops on Nexus 7 2013 WI-FI

Just letting everyone know that is does work for this device as well. Not sure if it's been mentioned already or not. If so and it's old news, sorry but didn't see anything posted about here although I didn't look very hard either ;)

On the latest 4.4.4 update. So far so good. Did it's thing in less than 5sec's. Root Check was good, Installed SU from the playstore, said something about the SU Binaries or something, rebooted and bam, that msg doesn't show up anymore and all looks to be good.

Thank you geohot!

I actually have encountered problems on two separate Nexus 7 2013 editions both in less the a day of using towelroot. One tablet with a custom kernel bricked and the other tablet while rooted with towelroot is without a custom kernel and whenever encountering a force close will reboot itself and boot loop 20-30 times before eventually booting back into Android 4.4.4. I have no definitive 'proof' that towelroot is causing these errors but I find it all a little too coincidental. I hope your device fairs better then mine.

Demmonnixx

Mar 20, 2013
I actually have encountered problems on two separate Nexus 7 2013 editions both in less the a day of using towelroot. One tablet with a custom kernel bricked and the other tablet while rooted with towelroot is without a custom kernel and whenever encountering a force close will reboot itself and boot loop 20-30 times before eventually booting back into Android 4.4.4. I have no definitive 'proof' that towelroot is causing these errors but I find it all a little too coincidental. I hope your device fairs better then mine.

Haven't had a single issue so far. Did the towel root thing and then unlocked the boot loader then flashed clean ROM and this thing has been amazing so far on all aspects. I would start from scratch fresh and clean and see if that helps anything. Good luck but if u can give a step by step on what u did first through the last step and what version of towel root u used I might be able to help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you geohot!