[Stock Collection]Modems, Firmware, Stock Tars[Current Tar:NI2][CurrentModem:NI2]

Search This thread

aholeinthewor1d

Aug 19, 2010
Can someone please help. I've been away for a while so its hard to figure out everything with so many new updates for firmware kernels and modems.. I am currently on a 4.4.2 NE9 ROM.

I think till I figure everything out I want to just go back to stock and take the 5.0 update. I've had random issues and I want to try stock for a little.

What is the difference between the different files posted? What's the tar compared to the other stuff.

If someone could explain this I'd really appreciate it. I want to get 100% stock like I just bought my phone today. Including kernel firmware and modem. Don't want anything older left behind

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

Shadowzerosix

Apr 10, 2011
Seattle
Can someone please help. I've been away for a while so its hard to figure out everything with so many new updates for firmware kernels and modems.. I am currently on a 4.4.2 NE9 ROM.

I think till I figure everything out I want to just go back to stock and take the 5.0 update. I've had random issues and I want to try stock for a little.

What is the difference between the different files posted? What's the tar compared to the other stuff.

If someone could explain this I'd really appreciate it. I want to get 100% stock like I just bought my phone today. Including kernel firmware and modem. Don't want anything older left behind

Congratulations on your buy. :) This is understanding that you have the Verizon variant? My only indicator is your model in your signature- "SM-G900V."
According to forums, your latest modem is N12, firmware (OS) is N12, and your kernel is N12 as well. Flashing back to stock will require ALL THREE N12 tars on first page (N12 modem, N12 Kernel, and N12 firmware). Will take some time to download (especially your N12 firmware) FYI.

5.0 is amazing bud compared to kitkat, and much smoother. I moved over to the Nexus 6 at the turn of the new year from the S5. I have had a galaxy for several years consecutively. Regarding your question, the .tar files will be flashed via Odin, which is a desktop tool for flashing stock kernels, firmware and modem files (among other things) to go back to FULL, UNROOT stock for whatever the reason. The different versions are included updates/patches that Verizon/Samsung have pushed since the release of the phone. The latest (according to THIS forum is N12). So you will want to ensure you have a matching modem (N12) with the firmware tar (N12) if you are wanting to go stock for awhile for N12.

Now.....from what I have JUST read, the STOCK tar for 5.0 is available to flash (BOA8), you will have to research within the forums to find the modem and/or kernel that matches it. Here is the link to the forum of reference for BOA8 that I found (cross check by searching the forums).

http://xdaforums.com/verizon-galaxy-s5/development/vzwstock-based-tw-rom-t3024731

If you are wanting to go completely, 100% back to stock, you will want to follow these steps EXACTLY, and is not difficult, even for a beginner. Watch this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6VmIfXPWgs

Hope this helps you.

Reactions: ezas

ergalthema

Feb 6, 2014
Can someone help me? There are many options here. I have never done this. I need to get my Verizon S5 back to stock ROM.

Edit:
Device name: SAMSUNG-SM-G900V
Model number: SM-G900V
Android version: 4.4.2
Baseband version: G900VVRU1ANCG
Kernel version: 3.4.0, dpi@SWDD5814#1
Hardware version: G900V.05
Security software version: MDF v1.0Release2, VPN v1.4 Release 1
Towelroot

Last edited:

killa408shark

Aug 21, 2011
San Jose CA
Can someone help me? There are many options here. I have never done this. I need to get my Verizon S5 back to stock ROM.

Edit:
Device name: SAMSUNG-SM-G900V
Model number: SM-G900V
Android version: 4.4.2
Baseband version: G900VVRU1ANCG
Kernel version: 3.4.0, dpi@SWDD5814#1
Hardware version: G900V.05
Security software version: MDF v1.0Release2, VPN v1.4 Release 1
Towelroot

Download NCG full stock tar flash it on odin.

Zixx

Sep 1, 2009
Miami
Any way someone could make a flashable OD5 firmware & modem Zip?

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2008
All of the OP links are dead. I was wanting NI2 firmwares so I could go back to 4.4.4 Dark it up. Can someone please help. I have scoured the Internet but to no avail.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Badger50

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member

Top Liked Posts