Stay Awake

Search This thread
Feb 19, 2011
Alright, so I used to have a T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant (3G). The "Stay Awake" (while charging) setting would keep resetting itself to not stay awake while charging. I figured it was a ROM bug or an SD card bug or whatever...

So I just got a new Samsung Galaxy S 4G, I'm using the Audiophile ROM (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1161553), and the "Stay Awake" option still won't stay on. Every single time I restart the option resets itself to not stay awake. Anyone have an idea what's going on or how to fix it?

phreshjoker

May 31, 2010
coppell
The display setting in settings go to something that has tk do with backlight timing and just put never

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

bkoon1218

Apr 25, 2011
New York
I'm just curious, why would you want to do that? I'm not a battery expert, but your battery should theoretically charge slower while your screen is on. Aside from probably prolonging charging time, keeping your screen on while your charge might even heat up your phone too.

Feb 19, 2011
The display setting in settings go to something that has tk do with backlight timing and just put never

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

Unfortunately that would leave the screen on all the time, not just when plugged in.

I'm just curious, why would you want to do that? I'm not a battery expert, but your battery should theoretically charge slower while your screen is on. Aside from probably prolonging charging time, keeping your screen on while your charge might even heat up your phone too.

Mostly for in my car, I have a dock, car charger and audio over radio device. Having to do a passworded unlock to change songs is fairly dangerous while driving.

mr.incredible

May 16, 2007
Knoxville, TN
Alright, so I used to have a T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant (3G). The "Stay Awake" (while charging) setting would keep resetting itself to not stay awake while charging. I figured it was a ROM bug or an SD card bug or whatever...

So I just got a new Samsung Galaxy S 4G, I'm using the Audiophile ROM (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1161553), and the "Stay Awake" option still won't stay on. Every single time I restart the option resets itself to not stay awake. Anyone have an idea what's going on or how to fix it?
In the Market, get Caffeine. Works great. No problems.