[Q] what is 2.1.1.A.0.6 or 2.1.1.C.0.0 SE firmware

Search This thread

ANDR0ctonus

Jun 17, 2011
i was trying to installe android 2.3.5 but i found its post the i cant unless i have
Only 2.1.1.A.0.6 or 2.1.1.C.0.0 SE firmware is that the orignal Rom the device came with ?

obsidian_eclipse

May 25, 2011
If you go into 'settings' then 'about phone' you will see the phones baseband version. If it ends in 15 it is most likely one of the two firmwares you mention. If you try to install a rom dependant on these firmwares and you don't have it you will temporarily brick your phone. (Requiring the use of the Sony Ericcson Update Service to hopefully restore the phone to working order).

It is possible your phone has the firmware already installed but you need to check! Some network providers have been very slow at releasing them. If you manage to find the firmware on the web (make sure it is the correct language and layout for your locale - AND the correct phone) then you need to use a flashing utility to install it, I use 'flashtool' as it can root the phone and install xrecovery, but you must be sure you read the documentation and follow the proceedure.

Once you have xrecovery and the phone is rooted the magic can begin..

Be careful. Its very easy to render your phone bricked (as in the phone is as useful as a brick!). No one here can take responsibility for the advice given or your actions.
Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk

ANDR0ctonus

Jun 17, 2011
my phone android version 2.2.1
baseband version M76XX-TSNCJOLYM-53404015
KERNAL VERSION 2.6.29 SEMCUSER@SEMCHOST#1
MOD VERSION FROYO MINICM/CMV6 HYBRID BY SLADE87 AND OWAIN 94
BUILD NUMBER V5.01 FINAL RELEASE

SO CAN I INSTALL SONYBREAD WHICH requires 2.1.1.A.0.6 or 2.1.1.C.0.0 SE firmware

so do i have it????

obsidian_eclipse

May 25, 2011
In my understanding the firmware doesn't change when you install a custom rom and (to me) they are two different entities. So yes, in my view you should be able to flash sonybread but I haven't used it myself but I have other gingerbread ports without a problem

Once your on the correct baseband you can change between roms without having to flash via the pc/flashtool.

If you get into bootloops then you can try restoring an xrecovery/cwm recovery or failing that reflashing with seus/flashtool.

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk