[DEVED/TW-ROM FIX] Developer Edition TW-4.4 ROM Fix Files [2014-04-27]

Search This thread

F350-6

Sep 5, 2012
Texas
Kind of off topic a bit, but this seems the best place to ask. What's everyone's favorite ROM now? I've been using Alliance but the vertical scrolling issue is becoming too big a pain and I don't think a fix will be uploaded.

Are all the others compatible with the Dev Ed? Any special instructions I need to know about?

untouchablez

Jul 20, 2007
Kind of off topic a bit, but this seems the best place to ask. What's everyone's favorite ROM now? I've been using Alliance but the vertical scrolling issue is becoming too big a pain and I don't think a fix will be uploaded.

Are all the others compatible with the Dev Ed? Any special instructions I need to know about?

I've been using Eclipse 2.0 and now 2.1 w/ lean kernel 3.7 and it's been solid as a rock, highly recommend it, nitro is a beast!

Reactions: F350-6

jerryspring

Feb 18, 2018
TouchWiz-4.4 ROM FIXER for Developer Edition devices

WARNING: These files are for Developer Edition devices ONLY. Kernels cannot be flashed on the retail VZW Note 3 devices!

THIS PROCESS ALSO SETS KNOX 0x1

Own a DevEd? Flashed the firmware/modem bits to the new TW4.4 in hopes of seeing some of the improvements or running a stock-modded ROM?

FIRST: Big shout out to @Imoseyon who has a VERY nice kernel for unlocked devices here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2488082
Go over there and tell him thanks, because I had spent a day or so trying to fix up a boot.img but wasn't having much luck due to a crash in TIMA memory. But, then I read that someone had gotten the leak booted w/ Imoseyon's kernel and was able to rip it apart and pull just the absolute minimum changes to get a VERY close to stock kernel / ramdisk setup for the 4.4 leak.

WHAT IS THIS?
Several issues were noticed immediately on DevEd devices due to the fact that we can't flash certain portions of the updated ODIN files (aboot, sbls, etc):
Play Movies won't stream
External SD card won't mount
Lockscreen settings don't work
Imoseyon's kernel was the only boot.img which would run 4.4 leak due to aboot/devicetree changes and TIMA crashes

The files below fix these issues and provide a VERY close to stock boot.img for use on DevEd devices.

FIX FILES: 2 flashable .zip files (for use in recovery):

1st flash file: flash-vzw-de-4.4-kernel-v1.0.zip
This is a rebuilt boot.img containing:
New NC2 stock-based kernel with CONFIG_TIMA disabled
Rebuilt dt.img using 1st gen dtbTool for use with our 4.3 aboot
Ramdisk has default.prop changes for disabling TIMA, KNOX and securestorage (Credit: @Imoseyon / leanKernel 2.4 ramdisk)

This file only needs to be flashed once (as long as you don't swap to AOSP ROMs). You can also use leanKernel by @Imoseyon if you like his work. The difference between this kernel and his are: I used the identical settings as the stock NC2 kernel (Kernel modules are enabled, etc) in an attempt to eliminate as many differences between the DevEd and the retail device. His kernel has a TON of tweaks and updates. But, could in theory have issues running the stock NC2 VZW leak.
Kernel source: https://github.com/Hashcode/android_kernel_samsung_hlte/tree/hlteatt-kk-nc2

2nd flash.zip file: flash-tw44-sys-files-fixes-v1.0.zip
A set of system file changes which fix the issues noted above (this file should be flashed after EVERY TW-based ROM is flashed)

Downloads:
Mirror 1 (Goo.im)
Mirror 2 (Crackflashers)

Instructions:
Download the above files and place them on your device's storage
Reboot into recovery
Flash flash-vzw-de-4.4-kernel-v1.0.zip if you need to fix kernel (coming from AOSP)
Flash flash-tw44-sys-files-fixes-v1.0.zip after ANY flash of TW-based 4.4 ROMs to fix system files
Reboot, no need to wipe cache, etc

XDA:DevDB Information
[DEVED/TW-ROM FIX] Developer Edition TW-4.4 ROM Fix Files, a Tool/Utility for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
Hashcode

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2014-04-27

Created 2014-04-27
Last Updated 2014-04-27
Unlocking the bootloader turns this phone into a developer edition? Am I correct?

Feb 13, 2020
download links expired

WARNING: These files are for Developer Edition devices ONLY. Kernels cannot be flashed on the retail VZW Note 3 devices!

Own a DevEd? Flashed the firmware/modem bits to the new TW4.4 in hopes of seeing some of the improvements or running a stock-modded ROM?

FIRST: Big shout out to @Imoseyon who has a VERY nice kernel for unlocked devices here:
Go over there and tell him thanks, because I had spent a day or so trying to fix up a boot.img but wasn't having much luck due to a crash in TIMA memory. But, then I read that someone had gotten the leak booted w/ Imoseyon's kernel and was able to rip it apart and pull just the absolute minimum changes to get a VERY close to stock kernel / ramdisk setup for the 4.4 leak.

WHAT IS THIS?
Several issues were noticed immediately on DevEd devices due to the fact that we can't flash certain portions of the updated ODIN files (aboot, sbls, etc):
  • Play Movies won't stream
  • External SD card won't mount
  • Lockscreen settings don't work
  • Imoseyon's kernel was the only boot.img which would run 4.4 leak due to aboot/devicetree changes and TIMA crashes

The files below fix these issues and provide a VERY close to stock boot.img for use on DevEd devices.

• New NC2 stock-based kernel with CONFIG_TIMA disabled
  • Rebuilt dt.img using 1st gen dtbTool for use with our 4.3 aboot
  • Ramdisk has default.prop changes for disabling TIMA, KNOX and securestorage (Credit: @Imoseyon / leanKernel 2.4 ramdisk)
This file only needs to be flashed once (as long as you don't swap to AOSP ROMs). You can also use leanKernel by @Imoseyon if you like his work. The difference between this kernel and his are: I used the identical settings as the stock NC2 kernel (Kernel modules are enabled, etc) in an attempt to eliminate as many differences between the DevEd and the retail device. His kernel has a TON of tweaks and updates. But, could in theory have issues running the stock NC2 VZW leak.
Kernel source: https://github.com/Hashcode/android_kernel_samsung_hlte/tree/hlteatt-kk-nc2

A set of system file changes which fix the issues noted above (this file should be flashed after EVERY TW-based ROM is flashed)

Downloads:
Mirror 1 (Goo.im)
Mirror 2 (Crackflashers)

Instructions:
  1. Download the above files and place them on your device's storage
  2. Reboot into recovery
  3. Flash flash-vzw-de-4.4-kernel-v1.0.zip if you need to fix kernel (coming from AOSP)
  4. Flash flash-tw44-sys-files-fixes-v1.0.zip after ANY flash of TW-based 4.4 ROMs to fix system files
  5. Reboot, no need to wipe cache, etc

[DEVED/TW-ROM FIX] Developer Edition TW-4.4 ROM Fix Files, a Tool/Utility for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
Hashcode

Version Information

Created 2014-04-27
Last Updated 2014-04-27

the download links for the kernel expired, is it possible to post new ones? also, is the kernel flashable using odin on sm-n900v lolipop note 3 0F1/ob6, and is it possible to add safestrap to nk1 or nc2 firmware in a way that instead of getting stuck in bootloop safestrap recovery appears? so I can install nk1 or nc2 firmware or roms using safestrap, methods for unlocking my bootloader is not working so far.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

WHAT IS THIS?
    • Play Movies won't stream
    • External SD card won't mount
    • Lockscreen settings don't work
    • Imoseyon's kernel was the only boot.img which would run 4.4 leak due to aboot/devicetree changes and TIMA crashes

• New NC2 stock-based kernel with CONFIG_TIMA disabled
    • Rebuilt dt.img using 1st gen dtbTool for use with our 4.3 aboot
    • Ramdisk has default.prop changes for disabling TIMA, KNOX and securestorage (Credit: @Imoseyon / leanKernel 2.4 ramdisk)

Downloads:
    Mirror 1 (Goo.im)
    Mirror 2 (Crackflashers)

Instructions:
    1. Download the above files and place them on your device's storage
    2. Reboot into recovery
    3. Flash flash-vzw-de-4.4-kernel-v1.0.zip if you need to fix kernel (coming from AOSP)
    4. Flash flash-tw44-sys-files-fixes-v1.0.zip after ANY flash of TW-based 4.4 ROMs to fix system files
    5. Reboot, no need to wipe cache, etc

Contributors
    Hashcode

Version Information

Created 2014-04-27
    Last Updated 2014-04-27
    Finally giving the NC2 update a good run through over the next few days.

Right now I notice some extra battery drain for sure.

I'll try and dig into that and post an updated .zip when I can.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    I have a theory that something in the ROOT ROM is causing the lock screen issues. My stock ROM was a direct flash of the system.img from the leak. But on rom-slot1 I installed Beans ROM. I have working lock screen setting on stock and the issues as everyone else on rom-slot1.

I'm researching the differences.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    I should say for my device, I'm not 100% sure if I flashed @BeansTown106's ROOT/ROM or whether I flashed the leak's system.img.ext4 file via heimdall (I remember flashing SuperSU initially to get root tho).

And I literally have no extra mods installed other than these.

So, I'd like to keep track of who has the following working and what users are doing to fix their issues:
    - SD card (seems like it's fixed for most)
    - Play Movies (@ThePooch it's not working -- possibly need to remove the updates / re-install?)
    - Lock screen settings (Seems like I'm still the only one with working settings :/ -- possibly need a build.prop fix)