CM7 + Honeycomb Music App = Cloud Music Sync NOT WORKING :(

Search This thread

WhiteWidows

Jul 27, 2009
I reporting back on something I stumbled on yesterdays after updating to the latest CM7 2.3.3 build. After updating I have been removing the sock music app then replacing it with the Honeycomb version. Upon that I was prompted with several permissions request and accepted them all. Syncing then started and I checked that under that under Account and Sync notice Music was syncing. This synced overnight. I put in a empty SDcard in. Then I went in to the Jumper Test that comes along with the Music app started the peer under the Controls tab, Ran a test under the Logs tab ( showed 785 files and the files names below) went back to the music app then went to music settings and checked Stream Music and my music started to show up! Played a few songs no problems at all. Let me know if this is working for anyone else.

*EDIT*
So I guess this inst working anymore. I did test this when I originally posted this but i cant get it to work anymore. Sorry guys not yet :(

Attachments

• snap20110304_004651.jpg
    snap20110304_004651.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 11,241
Last edited:

jokester902

Jan 3, 2009
is there a way to access those files from a computer too? i mean since its synced in the cloud, could be really useful.

Reactions: giroy

WhiteWidows

Jul 27, 2009
As far a a URL to go to on a computer I haven't found anything. Ill post the apk i used when I get by a computer sometime later. Basically I just used root explore to delete the stock music app then installed the honeycomb player.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Reactions: UkRaInIaN01355

crstfr

Sep 9, 2010
S. Austin Tx
As far a a URL to go to on a computer I haven't found anything. Ill post the apk i used when I get by a computer sometime later. Basically I just used root explore to delete the stock music app then installed the honeycomb player.

+2,, just search for the app.... its an apk on xda right now.. i just installed it!... works perfect!...

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
So, I have a question..
If you already have these songs on your phone, why would you want them "put them in the cloud", so you can play them on your phone, where they are already???????

Reactions: Boostfreak

twilk73

Apr 9, 2009
If they're in a cloud they dont need to be on his phone. In return he saves space on his memory card. However, if they're not on your phone they're not going to play when you dont have a connection.

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
ah, that makes sense..
although, I have a 32 gig card, so i dont care that I have 10 gigs of music on my card..
Plus, thats a good point about not being able to play your music if your connection goes south...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I reporting back on something I stumbled on yesterdays after updating to the latest CM7 2.3.3 build. After updating I have been removing the sock music app then replacing it with the Honeycomb version. Upon that I was prompted with several permissions request and accepted them all. Syncing then started and I checked that under that under Account and Sync notice Music was syncing. This synced overnight. I put in a empty SDcard in. Then I went in to the Jumper Test that comes along with the Music app started the peer under the Controls tab, Ran a test under the Logs tab ( showed 785 files and the files names below) went back to the music app then went to music settings and checked Stream Music and my music started to show up! Played a few songs no problems at all. Let me know if this is working for anyone else.

*EDIT*
    So I guess this inst working anymore. I did test this when I originally posted this but i cant get it to work anymore. Sorry guys not yet :(
    yea after i installed it. k ill try installing again

This one worked for me.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?j73zh5ld7bpcbqn
    To anyone not being able to sync:

I wasn't able to sync like alot of people but i went into jumpertest, clicked start peer, then clicked import media and everything started flying into the cloud

Yep, that did it!

The OPs instructions aren't necessarily clear.

1) Install Honeycomb.apk

2) Go to Accounts and Sync Settings

3) Select your Google account.

3) Select Sync Music

4) Accept permissions.

4) Open App Drawer and Select Jumpstart

5) Go to the Controls tab

6) Select Start Peer and Select Import Local Media

7) Enjoy a freshly synced media library!!!

Ya know, it'd make sense (not to the RIAA of course, they'd throw a fit) if Google scanned the uploads for music signatures, then just crosslinked duplicate files. By you "syncing" your copy with their service, it'd indicate that you had a "license" for that song and thereby gain access to it. Instead of having a ton of storage-pools of songs for each Android user.

I highly doubt they do that, but that'd be smart on their end (saving massive storage).
    is there a way to access those files from a computer too? i mean since its synced in the cloud, could be really useful.

If your objective is to have your music available everywhere, try AudioGalaxy. it streams to computers, android and iDevices.