Battery saving tip

Search This thread

bklm1234

Jul 13, 2010
When I'm not going to use my tablet for a while, e.g. a few hours or when I sleep, I do a clear-all recent apps. That has worked well. For example, last night before bed, my gpad was fully charged, I long-pressed the home button to bring up recent apps, did a clear-all, turned off the screen and went to bed. I woke up this morning and found the battery at 98%. I streamed some news for 5-7 mins or so. Before I left the house around 6:40am, I did a clear-all again and shut the screen. I came back around 5:50pm. The battery was at 96%. I hope this helps your battery during idle too.

PS: every so often I do a reboot esp when I feel battery is draining peculiarly fast. I do that with my Note 3 every few days also.

Last edited:

Pixore

Dec 23, 2013
When I'm not going to use my tablet for a while, e.g. a few hours or when I sleep, I do a clear-all recent apps. That has worked well. For example, last night before bed, my gpad was fully charged, I long-pressed the home button to bring up recent apps, did a clear-all, turned off the screen and went to bed. I woke up this morning and found the battery at 98%. I streamed some news for 5-7 mins or so. Before I left the house around 6:40am, I did a clear-all again and shut the screen. I came back around 5:50pm. The battery was at 96%. I hope this helps your battery during idle too.

PS: every so often I do a reboot esp when I feel battery is draining peculiarly fast. I do that with my Note 3 every few days also.

You can underclock your CPU.

vatis24

May 31, 2010
Nicosia
To be honest guys the battery life of mt G pad is amazing, last forever really, no need to underclock , no need to close recent apps , i am very very happy with it. Its even better than the ipad2 of my wife , which ipad 2 had extremely good battery.

Cheers

Vatis

robotapocalypse

Nov 7, 2011
Tried this, but it didn't work for me. My battery life is horrendous. As a test I closed my folio cover at 10 last night without clearing recent items. At 5:30am it had lost 10% battery life. I then cleared recent tasks. And at 6:30pm, 13 hours later it had lost another 8% battery life.

I have battery saving mode set to On starting from midnight to 6am. Yet it's not kicking in because at 5:30am when I checked it there were new notifications. Wifi is supposed to be disabled during this.

Any help would be appreciated.

woody1

May 2, 2010
Atlanta
I just turn mine off before I go to bed at night and, if necessary, charge it overnight. Doesn't take long to boot up and everything is running clean in the morning. Plus, I think it's better for the battery to charge with the phone off.

pingwinpower

Jan 4, 2013
Hvidovre
disable wireless

I don't have any paritcular problems with power consumpition on my g-pad, but i generally found the best way to save battery in night is to disable wifi, bluetooth, gps and sync, and on other devices mobile data.

If you are on Cyanogenmod this is very easy done by setting up a profile - this also adds the benefit of beeing able to lower sound volume, change lockscreen security and a few other things.

paul89rulez

Apr 13, 2010
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
My gpad with aokp have a decent battery life. Not exceptional, but good enough for me. Atleast i can reach 6.30/7h screen on time with 2 days of use (most of this time, reading ebooks, and surfing web. Screen on 50% brightness or less)

badmoj0

Apr 6, 2011
To be honest guys the battery life of mt G pad is amazing, last forever really, no need to underclock , no need to close recent apps , i am very very happy with it. Its even better than the ipad2 of my wife , which ipad 2 had extremely good battery.

Cheers

Vatis

Agreed. My nexus 7 (2013) kept draining the battery, no matter what ROM I used and what apps I had installed. Every ROM, at some point, started to drain and it got old very fast. No problems with the G pad on the stock rom or custom rom.

RaiderWill

Jul 11, 2011
NEW ROMULUS
When I'm not going to use my tablet for a while, e.g. a few hours or when I sleep, I do a clear-all recent apps. That has worked well. For example, last night before bed, my gpad was fully charged, I long-pressed the home button to bring up recent apps, did a clear-all, turned off the screen and went to bed. I woke up this morning and found the battery at 98%. I streamed some news for 5-7 mins or so. Before I left the house around 6:40am, I did a clear-all again and shut the screen. I came back around 5:50pm. The battery was at 96%. I hope this helps your battery during idle too..
Thanks for the tip... :cool:

For Me, LiquidSmooth has been the key.. :cool:

5_zpsd18455ad.png

Not only is it the Fastest & Smoothest.. But it's also been by far the most Efficient for my G-Pad 8.3.. :cool:

6_zps6fad84be.png

I can honestly say.. It has become the Stabilizing Element in my rocky relationship with the G-Pad 8.3. :cool:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.